Author Topic: Pic...  (Read 1460 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Pic...
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:33:27 AM »
OK I'm just getting familiar again with the editor, this is pics for my farm tiles with the transitional tiles complete.....Feedback???

Sry if this takes a few tries to post this.

NUTTZ
P.S. Skuzzy's a Putz.....But Heater is a bigger Putz!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:38:56 AM by NUTTZ »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pic...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 12:53:28 AM »
That looks really great, I can't see where the match lines would be.
How are they looking when you hit the Randomize button on a larger area?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 01:02:03 AM »
Randomizer was hit on this pic. This IS 4 tiles of farm.

Remember I am the master of transitions!
Grass and Forest are also done.

NUTTZ
That looks really great, I can't see where the match lines would be.
How are they looking when you hit the Randomize button on a larger area?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 01:06:05 AM »
Most excellent!  :aok
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 01:18:29 AM »
Most excellent!  :aok
TY... It's taking some time....Although I could ask questions, I find I get a better understanding of the TE with trial and error.
Sofar, I understand the MAIN tiles terr0000 thru terr0010. With the transitional tiles being the 100's, 200's and 300's now I need to understand the transitional tiles from farm to forest and the rest of the oyln tiles or whatever they are called. It will take some time to figure how they transition to each other. Then the Alpha's
and How the clutter places within the tiles. I can revamp the tiles to coordinate with the clutter once I get more familiar with the TE. The River tiles seam straight forward ( I'm replacing the default ones with mine now)
Then Off to thinking outside the box and see if my moving waves lapping up the coast will still work in the new TE.

NUTTZ

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:49 AM »
Play with the alphas first, understand what they do or you'll get frustrated.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 06:17:57 AM »
Nuttz, the trasitions are the same basic shape as AH1, except that they are now controlled by the corresponding alphas (1-10) which "bleed" the terrain into the next terrain type by the hierarchy I think Easyscor described in another post (using the diagram I posted).

Did I speak english there?  :huh

By the way.... it's good to have the master back.  :salute
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 06:20:22 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:21:35 PM »
Nuttz, the trasitions are the same basic shape as AH1, except that they are now controlled by the corresponding alphas (1-10) which "bleed" the terrain into the next terrain type by the hierarchy I think Easyscor described in another post (using the diagram I posted).

Did I speak english there?  :huh

By the way.... it's good to have the master back.  :salute
Your English is fine, acually loud and clear compared to the TE:)
I found a great way to change the Alpha tiles,, I Onion skin them over a tile that it will transition over and make changes that work nicely. Then copy it back to it's original and save. I just don't know the hierarchy order yet, I'm laying down solid colors and figuring it's Hierarchy to the other tiles. Sofar just a few to go. and a few tile packs are done. As you can see above Pic is just the 4 farm tiles.

BTW, I can't seam to find the file that controls the clutter, I would like to change this ( If allowed ). I know it's in the .til file and the OE opens it... but I am lost from that point.

NUTTZ

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 06:19:31 AM »
Your English is fine, acually loud and clear compared to the TE:)
I found a great way to change the Alpha tiles,, I Onion skin them over a tile that it will transition over and make changes that work nicely. Then copy it back to it's original and save. I just don't know the hierarchy order yet, I'm laying down solid colors and figuring it's Hierarchy to the other tiles. Sofar just a few to go. and a few tile packs are done. As you can see above Pic is just the 4 farm tiles.

BTW, I can't seam to find the file that controls the clutter, I would like to change this ( If allowed ). I know it's in the .til file and the OE opens it... but I am lost from that point.

NUTTZ
If your terrain is meant for the MA then what you're talking about, custom clutter , isn't allowed. Rearranging default clutter is allowed.

And other than that, this is where I will have to bow out. I don't mess with the OE at all. Well, at least not to a usefull point.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:21:30 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
If your terrain is meant for the MA then what you're talking about, custom clutter , isn't allowed. Rearranging default clutter is allowed.

And other than that, this is where I will have to bow out. I don't mess with the OE at all. Well, at least not to a usefull point.
I just want to rearrange the default clutter.

NUTTZ

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 01:35:05 PM »
That's actually pretty easy. Open the .til file and you'll be presented with the clutter. Select the item(s) you want to move and click the move button in the menu on the right.

You'll notice the tile is divided and nothing runs across those dividing lines. I do believe it must be kept that way, though I don't remember why. :)

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 02:00:43 PM »
It has to be divided or placed away from those lines or else when building the object tile the objects on lines will get clipped, increasing object tile size and building time.
Those lines are actually how the te handles the elevation on one tile, when there is different elevation on 1 sq. mile, thsoe liens represent the borders between elevation angles.

If someone can translate what i wrote from OE/Te language to English please do so :D

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 07:32:25 PM »
You did well croduh. The word you were looking for is fold. The tile folds along those lines when the vertices of the tile change elevation.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 06:26:47 AM »
......BTW, I can't seam to find the file that controls the clutter, I would like to change this ( If allowed ). I know it's in the .til file and the OE opens it... but I am lost from that point.

NUTTZ
LOL, I just realized that we've told you how to do it, but didn't tell you where to find them. The .til files are in the sticky at the top of the forum with the title of "Standard Tiles".

Each clutter type matches the name of the terrain texture IE: ter0002.til is clutter for terr0002.bmp, ter0302.til is clutter for terr0302.bmp, etc. It's pretty easy to figure out.

After rearranging, don't forget to build it and put the .shp file in the texsrc folder. (The resulting .shp file will be in the newshps folder when you build it)

Again, as a side note... If this is going to eventually be for the MA all source files must go to Skuzzy. That means all .BMPs, .TILs, and just plain all of the other files in the TE terrain folder for your terrain. (I even send my grayscale elevation files)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 06:44:22 AM by NHawk »

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 06:26:02 PM »
LOL, I just realized that we've told you how to do it, but didn't tell you where to find them. The .til files are in the sticky at the top of the forum with the title of "Standard Tiles".

Each clutter type matches the name of the terrain texture IE: ter0002.til is clutter for terr0002.bmp, ter0302.til is clutter for terr0302.bmp, etc. It's pretty easy to figure out.

After rearranging, don't forget to build it and put the .shp file in the texsrc folder. (The resulting .shp file will be in the newshps folder when you build it)

Again, as a side note... If this is going to eventually be for the MA all source files must go to Skuzzy. That means all .BMPs, .TILs, and just plain all of the other files in the TE terrain folder for your terrain. (I even send my grayscale elevation files)
Thanks, that explains it better. Yes I already DL'ed the .til files. Your explaination is great, Now i know what to do with the clutter. I just didn't want trees on the fields of the farms.

NUTTZ