Author Topic: Why the allies lose...  (Read 3722 times)

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
Re: Why the allies lose...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 02:48:48 PM »
Plz stop feeding the monkeys...it only encourages them.  :D
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 03:01:43 PM »
Me a shade? Now thats funny. For the past seven years Iv been TrueKill. For the past four years you have been 1Klink, 1Hunglo, Sweat2th, and god only know how many more. Each one getting PNGed because you call people cheaters. With any luck this one will have the same outcome. Then you can make another shade.

And WTF do you have agenst people ditching? I bet you have never ditched before. So pot meet kettle. Thing is thier both you, but its hard to know which personality is which.

Oh btw it was Tbar that ditched that one time not me you pathetic excuse for a human being.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 03:09:48 PM »
Voss

:noid
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »
Larry, You could always pipe up on the general or tac channel and offer a plan.  Then maybe you'd quit seeing things like the tree shooting pic.

You are one pathetic little kid mr shade. That "bush" ,its a tree, knows more ACM then you or your little squad will ever know.

{edit}Sighs at Jagdtankker...{/edit}  I'm just not up to this BS bashing crap guys.   Have at it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 03:21:18 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 03:19:28 PM »
Larry, You could always pipe up on the general or tac channel and offer a plan.  Then maybe you'd quit seeing things like the tree shooting pic.

DING DING DING What do we have for him JOHNNY? :rock :rofl :rofl
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »

Please read the first post.

Some people were trying to take V117 back yesterday. I watched for more then an hour as they tryed and tryed. I then rolled a m8 and camped the VH while arlo droped troops. (the only one that would even with about 10 allies on) I got killed and rolled bostons and helped take out the VHs. Then rolled a goon and got all ten of my troops in while M8s were running at me pinging me up.

It just takes some common sense and team work. If they would only show who the allied C/O is so people can follow him. When I was CO and saw we were spread over the map I would make a mission, and we would all roll to one base. When I see allied spread over the map no one trys to do anything. I would but hell you guys dont even want me to take a CV to a base let alone try to tell you all where to fly.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 07:08:12 AM »
I didn't see you calling to rally the troops, or suggest attacks, missions, orders, anything constructive during the hour plus defense of that base either.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 08:22:01 AM »

Please read the first post.

Some people were trying to take V117 back yesterday. I watched for more then an hour as they tryed and tryed. I then rolled a m8 and camped the VH while arlo droped troops. (the only one that would even with about 10 allies on) I got killed and rolled bostons and helped take out the VHs. Then rolled a goon and got all ten of my troops in while M8s were running at me pinging me up.

It just takes some common sense and team work. If they would only show who the allied C/O is so people can follow him. When I was CO and saw we were spread over the map I would make a mission, and we would all roll to one base. When I see allied spread over the map no one trys to do anything. I would but hell you guys dont even want me to take a CV to a base let alone try to tell you all where to fly.

True. He did that. Granted, I asked him why he took the CV group outa the way of the enemy fleet that took it's place but that wasn't a tragedy as wstcst and I finally managed to fix the course back (and without TK taking the helm away) and four of us manned ship guns (oh, the shame) and popped it in short order.

TK has a high score. At least he didn't actually take command of the fleet and leave it that way. Not a single Allied player was within fifty points of TK's admira(b)l(e) rank(ing). Yeah, there was some irregular fleet direction that drove the British swabbies a bit dingo .. but really, now that I think about it, how's that any different from a typical night in the MA? Could be worse. Much worse. (Think no AvA at all either physically, metaphorically or temporally and all you got is the MA ... forever .. one flavor ... well ok ... four similar flavors different from the AvA one - cept maybe the early MA).

Was good to see an invasion repulsed on the BoB map for once. Especially one that started via a German milkman who shall remain anon (and is presently impressing people in the MA with his textual skills of daring and finesse). I'm glad TK helped. I'm glad he took to talking to us. He even finally took to giving me a check six now and again even though he refuses to clear me. ;) (*chuckle* It's cool ... pats TK on the back ... when I get as good as you I probably won't need to clear yours because you'll still be as good as you. :D)

And remember ... when all else fails we shoot suspected spies on sight. But since killshooter is on .....

No crisis. I wasted time with another post. Time to call my therapist. :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:51:49 AM by Arlo »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 08:50:31 AM »
I didn't see you calling to rally the troops, or suggest attacks, missions, orders, anything constructive during the hour plus defense of that base either.

He was rallying to invade the French coast for an hour before he came back to watch the Allies try to repulse the Germans off the UK coast for an hour then he joined in to help for an hour. Can't say he never or always does any of that now.

It's all in the mindset/perspective of how one views the game, I suppose. I used to make the mistake of perceiving that the AvA was all about setting up as immersive an atmosphere as possible, allowing players (Axis and Allied alike) to come one virtual step closer (as close as an online mp game can take you) to feeling like they were sitting in the cockpits their WWII heros did*. It's not really. As much as it pains me to admit, the AvA really is no different than the MA in most respects. It's all about playing the boardgame RISK with airplane, tank, ship and shore battery simulators thrown in to make it more challenging than rolling dice, drinking beer and extending your plastic pieces too far. It just has some historical terrains used like scenarios (but not always), 2 sides instead of three and a planeset that differentiates between Allied and Axis to offer historical matchups (but not always because the "Germanese" didn't really exist). But it can't help but be alternate or virtual reality because .. well .. it already is. So ... I suppose for guys like me it was only a matter of time before the physical reality of the game overtook the seperation of disbelief immersion requires.

No, Arlo it can't be reasoned that a British Admiral went rogue in the very midst of the invasion of the island and took assets away from defending it to invade France because .. afterall, old chaps, the best defense is a good offense, pip pip. Or can it? I miss immersion. But it's not the responsibility of other paying players to facilitate mine. Now you know how Arlo went crazy in the AvA.

TK is TK ... just like everyone else is everyone else. Even HT admits the point of this game is to pizz off other players. I suppose it doesn't matter if they're on the other side or not because, with or without TK, I've already been seeing that.

Hello ... therapist? I had another cathartic breakdown on the AvA forum.  :uhoh :eek:

*An additional insight after posting ... someone please stop me ... maybe it's the inner turmoil of admiring Axis war heros as well as Allied ones that drive Axis players insane .. while it's Axis players that drive Allied ones so. Neh .. nevermind ... brainfart there. Carry on.  :(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:06:52 AM by Arlo »

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »
Arlo, You should get a dog. lol :devil
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 10:01:49 AM »
I don't think it's strategy at all. I think it's a lack of understanding of the ground game. Stick around more and you'll see the frustration as the Axis continually spawn vehicles inside flaming bomb craters and other spots after the VH's are down.  This makes it much more difficult to take the base.  Then you get some who will ditch over the base and run around at 30mph shooting the troops as they come down.  It's a weakness in the game that is exploited by a few.  The allies have no problem taking bases when these things are not happening.  Either way it's still been a good time.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »
I had the CV heading back there because I had the town,vh, ack, dar, and ord down. (All by my self again) and when I asked the other tenish allies for help only one came. Not one person said there was an enemy fleet at our port while I was moving it awy. Once I didnt find out there was one I was the one who sank the cruiser and put a load of 500lbers from bostons on the CV. I was heading back with another load when it was sank.

When I move a cv its to a base we can take unlike some people who move it to dover or liverpool.

Odee Im here as a player. If I wanted to lead you guys I would have asked to be allied C/O, but lets be real for a minute. How many of you would have followed me into harms way?

JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 10:42:13 AM »
I had the CV heading back there because I had the town,vh, ack, DAR, and order down. (All by my self again) and when I asked the other tanish allies for help only one came. Not one person said there was an enemy fleet at our port while I was moving it away. Once I didn't find out there was one I was the one who sank the cruiser and put a load of 500lbers from Bostons on the CV. I was heading back with another load when it was sank.

When I move a cv its to a base we can take unlike some people who move it to Dover or Liverpool.

Odee Im here as a player. If I wanted to lead you guys I would have asked to be allied C/O, but lets be real for a minute. How many of you would have followed me into harms way?

since we are being real , why do you think nobody would follow you , and you are right {no charge for the spellcheck either }
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »
since we are being real , why do you think nobody would follow you , and you are right {no charge for the spellcheck either }

Because I dont live in my ack some some of you?
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:04 AM »
Arlo, You should get a dog. lol :devil

Been there .. done that. Dog couldn't cover my six. ;)