Author Topic: MANNED GUN EFFORTS COUNTING  (Read 854 times)

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
Re: MANNED GUN EFFORTS COUNTING
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »
I want to see a red icon above to manned guns.

manned guns are in fixed positions on fields, if your not smart enough to kill them first........................ .

when in GVs the enemy does not have icons, maybe HTC should add that too? :noid

Stop counting ack proxies. 90% of kills folks get in manned ack are the AAA killing the plane and the person in the gun simply being the closest to get the kill.

i doubt there are any stats to back this up, as 90%+ of my kills in a manned gun come from my rounds. :aok

NOT

AKNOT

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
Stop counting ack proxies. 90% of kills folks get in manned ack are the AAA killing the plane and the person in the gun simply being the closest to get the kill.

Sorry Krusty but I've gotten plenty of kills in fixed guns (5" ship guns and manned field ack) and don't ever remember a single one of them being a proxie.

No disrespect intended but if 90% of your fixed gun kills are proxies you must really s*** as a gunner.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »
Krusty.....I usually am able to kill low buffs before they even get into ack range and usually I get first rounds going off before they are within icon range. BaldEagl is absolutly right on this and if your letting the ack kill them first you need training. I consider my dead zone 3k on fighters, if there not dead by then I am screwing up. My longest confirmed kill is 10k and I think there have been some farther than that. Also if your not gonna give proxies to manned guns I would think that should count out aircraft as well. Why would you want icons on manned guns? If I approach a cv and get ack fire I full well can bet some is firing at me in a 5 inch. You know where they are, you know how to kill them, and so when did range become important in dive bombing?

I agree if you get perks there should be a negative but on the same token people might start defending cvs more. This in itself is kind of scary. Just recently I had the pleasure of defending a cv with a few very good 5inch gunners. I am not kidding when I say there were lines of bombers coming in at 5-7k and more 110s than you could shake a stick at. Landed 20+ kills that day in about 15 minutes. I truely wish I had film of it too. It look like Berlin on its worse day....flack everywhere around any bomber that came within range. Id venture to say every manned gun in the fleet still working was manned.

Strip(er)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »
Sorry Krusty but I've gotten plenty of kills in fixed guns (5" ship guns and manned field ack) and don't ever remember a single one of them being a proxie.

No disrespect intended but if 90% of your fixed gun kills are proxies you must really s*** as a gunner.

Being honest with myself Bald, I do get about 10% of my manned gun kills as proxies.  90% proxy kill rate?  Nah.  Definitely exaggerated number on that one!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline McLovin1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 06:42:18 PM »
Umm... K/S and K/H are still possible to calculate.

K/S?????????
K/H?????????

what do they mean????

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 06:45:49 PM »

K/S?????????
K/H?????????

what do they mean????

K/S= kills per sortie