Author Topic: Myths  (Read 4884 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Myths
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2008, 09:24:33 PM »
But, spitfires ARE easy mode!

And what is the DA, but an attempt at getting more E on the initial merge than your enemy? You merge at the same spot, but the battle is always to get the most speed, E, or to turn sooner so as to maximize potential. A perfectly co-E DA dual is a stalemate with both pilots dead from a second-merge HO or both pilots endlessly going 'round with no advantage.

I've never heard those as "myths" before, but I think they have a lot of truth behind 'em.

krusty <-----------l-------o--------n--------g----------w------a-------y----------> a clue

:D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2008, 10:45:10 PM »

krusty <-----------l-------o--------n--------g----------w------a-------y----------> a clue

:D

hmmm a beep beep beep sound goes off when you back up???
there is a sign in front and  in back of you that is yellow and states your condition "wide load"???

what is your clue?

Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »
talking about your missions,raids,what your going to do on ch 200 is only heard only by your country men.  (thanx for the advanced warning tho)  :aok

Rooks can take a uncaptureable VB after repeated try's with an M-3  :rofl :rofl :rofl  
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2008, 11:21:39 PM »
P.S. Rolex, you can drop them at any height, but certain torps don't "take" if you drop them over 200. Others you can drop from 500, but it's plane specific.
Have you read about torpedoes in the links noted in your signature?  ;)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2008, 01:04:09 AM »
Myth #420 - you should take everything 420ace tells you seriously
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2008, 01:10:54 AM »
Myth #421 - Rank directly relates to the players skills (as quoted by drdeathx)  :rofl

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2008, 01:38:12 AM »
Myth: AKAK flies on the deck

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2008, 03:15:06 AM »
Bish such as Fariz were crying about "getting vultched" mercilessly for hours after I logged.   

That is a good example of another mith.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2008, 03:30:01 AM »
Bish such as Fariz were crying about "getting vultched" mercilessly for hours after I logged.   
I find it hard to believe that Fariz would be in on any FT capture on Donut.
9GIAP took the sanctity of FT on Donut so seriously we even left bish for a couple of weeks over them taking it. :furious
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2008, 03:55:56 AM »
top ranked players never get killed.
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2008, 04:04:30 AM »
I do not have 5 shades!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2008, 06:48:08 AM »
by m00t
It is.  Anything but forward view while in external + snap modes should be disallowed, except for the Ar234.

Have you ever tried firing bomber guns in F3?  It's way to restrictive and very easy to lose perspective in the vertical axis.  You can't lead and the bombers get in the way of the view.  F5/F8 view is to fiddly to use and again easy to lose perspective.

I'll stick with me gun site thank you very much.  Anyone is welcome to fire at my fighter in f3 from their bombers.  I'm more than confident it's a fallacy.

by Strip
Lynx....

1) It does lighten the weight of your plane and therefor improves the plane performance albeit a slight minuscule amount.
6) Torps do run faster than ships....by about 5-10 knots I believe.
11) Once upon a time they did respawn in 15 minutes so...

1) The optimal word here is indeed minuscule .  I concede the physics of the equation but the reality in game is nothing to what it's built up to be.  At best it's a cruel joke to ruin hit percent in fighter score.  Here's some info Spit16 is lighter by 155Lbs, FW190f8 is lighter by 171 Lbs and 110G2 rear gun empty (the favourite for the myth) is lighter by 125Lbs.  When one considers the weight of these planes one would be better off with less fuel than waisting ammo that may just save you or finish the kill.

6)  OK ... here's my point.  When torps are chasing a cv will they catch it before the torp expires?  If so how close would the torp have to be dropped? 

11) quite correct except today it's just 10 minutes.

by Murdr
Torps do 40.  CV cruises at 35 in a straight line and accelerates to 42 during course changes.  <----not a myth.

I never knew cv's increased speed in a turn.  Learn something everyday in AH  :D  So....being the wise arse that I am.  How close you gotta drop for torps to catch up on the stern :devil

byYknurd
[This isn't quite a complete fable.  There are times when certain members of certain squads PM another member of a certain squad and agree to a "truce".  This used to happen in when there was only a single arena.  I don't know if it still happens.

It still happens but a certain member of certain squad when propositioned, tells the proposers to "go forth and multiply"   :aok
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 06:52:13 AM by LYNX »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2008, 07:44:58 AM »
by m00t
Have you ever tried firing bomber guns in F3?  It's way to restrictive and very easy to lose perspective in the vertical axis.  You can't lead and the bombers get in the way of the view.  F5/F8 view is to fiddly to use and again easy to lose perspective.
Yes, I have.  You get a better sense of depth, even more with F5+6-view in snap mode.  It's not restrictive, you've got your plane and all the space around it in plain sight, with the bogie you're aiming at and the bullets flying at it in very clear bird's eye view.  If you're so confident it's so useless, it'd pose no problem if it were canned.  We'll see how some people aim, then.
No 6-view from external + snap mode views.. In fact, only forward snap view should be allowed.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2008, 09:19:41 AM »
HTC Staff does not drink.

How is Sudz these days? :D

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2008, 09:42:51 AM »
Yes, I have.  You get a better sense of depth, even more with F5+6-view in snap mode.  It's not restrictive, you've got your plane and all the space around it in plain sight, with the bogie you're aiming at and the bullets flying at it in very clear bird's eye view.  If you're so confident it's so useless, it'd pose no problem if it were canned.  We'll see how some people aim, then.
No 6-view from external + snap mode views.. In fact, only forward snap view should be allowed.

I've just been off line using various external view settings.  The best I got was F5 + F8 in max zoom and you still have to adjust the view position constantly if your to track a con.  I see what your saying about depth with the visible convergence point of the guns.  However, you lose perspective in the vertical axis.  By that I mean you don't know if your shooting low or high.  With that in mind you would have to have visible hit sprites to even lead the shoots on. 

I can only see it working on a con who's level dead 6.  External view or otherwise that kind of fighter attack is a perk point waiting to happen.  As for fast slashing fighter attacks external firing is next to useless in my opinion.

I would have absolutely to objections if the powers to be want to restrict external view in gunners position.  With the exception of the C47 external views could be done away with altogether.