Author Topic: new aircraft?  (Read 818 times)

Offline jacked.up

• Zinc Member
new aircraft?
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:17:17 AM »
    I've went from topic to topic, reading on about what others had to say about adding new aircraft to this sim and finally came to the conclusion that quite a few of you don't want any experimental / lightly used aircraft in this game to any extent.  I've seen opinions of why not to add an aircraft that range from balance issues to overuse and even some mild forms of hatred toward some of the suggestions, lol.  With that said, I'll have to state that I don't quite understand  why there is a fuss in the first place.  The fact of the matter is with the perk system the game has, any plane should be fair game to suggest and implement into AH2,  even the B29 and Meteor.  Yes I said it,  even the B29 and meteor (the 2 that stand out in my mind most, but certainly not the only ones).  All you have to see is, with the perk system you need to worry not about a horde of b29's(for example) coming overhead to wreak hell on you and yours when it would be a highcost perk plane such as the 262 80-90% of the time.  This goes for any potential aircraft out there that could make its way into AH2... be it the b29, Meteor, ju287's, or whatever the case may be.  No flame intended here to anyone.  I'm simply saying that I have seen some good suggestions shot down by many players just because they think it is a bad idea, be whatever the reason.. . the perk point system was implemented just for such issues.

So...  add em', perk em', and fly em'.... Who wouldnt want a larger selection of aircraft to choose from...  and if I had anything to suggest aircraft wise,  It would most certainly be more perk bombers!!!

<S> to you all

Jack.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:31:15 AM by jacked.up »

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
Re: new aircraft?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 02:40:03 AM »
that made some of the most sense i have seen in a post :aok
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:43:51 AM »
Thing is the perks system wouldnt work out to well with the B29. Seeing that the only thing to use bomber perks on is the Ar234(some people dont even fly it). People have been hording perks for years. Four or five hundred perks for a formation of B29s would be nothing. Its not that people dont want them its that we want thing that would fill in the plane set before getting more uber rides.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:50:06 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:00:24 AM »
he has a point
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:18:12 AM »
Larry....the people your refering to represents 1% of HTC player base. I dont think anyone really knows what the general population wants unless a ingame poll is taken.

I would seriously LOVE to see what the average player wants besides a new plane. Perked ord, new strat system, better artilliery, and the list could go on. Notice most of the YES/NO posts in the wishlist forum are made by less than 30 players. Whats HTC player base on a given month? 5000? You get where I am going with this...

BTW Most players dont even have a forum account.

To add a little..If you poll players that have played less than a year they would most likely ask for late war rides. On the same token if you were to ask players like you and I they would ask planes like Russian or Japanese bombers. But I would venture to say in terms of years played the average is likely around a year and the old salts, so to speak, are vastly out numbered.

Strip(er)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:25:08 AM by Strip »

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 11:02:39 AM »
I guess I'm one of those 1%'s. We have enough '45 planes, thats get some planes that will fill in the plane set... *cough*A6M3*cough*  :D
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »
We had an in-game poll back in '07.
The B25 squeaked out by a very, very small margin to the P39...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »
Yep and they both beat out the He111, something that people have been asking for from day one. Only reason that we have the B25 is because all the little squeakers wanted to be just like ben aflack.

Most AH players, not the 2weekers, but people who play this game and pay have BBS accounts. It doesnt take long to get perks when you try. Hell at one point I was getting more then a thousand fighter perks a month.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline jacked.up

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »
Thing is the perks system wouldnt work out to well with the B29. Seeing that the only thing to use bomber perks on is the Ar234(some people dont even fly it). People have been hording perks for years. Four or five hundred perks for a formation of B29s would be nothing.

See, I dont understand how you believe that the perk system wouldnt work with the B29(using this purely as an example again), when it works just fine with the 262 and other aircraft.  Granted now,  that a mix-match of players may have an impressive amount of bomber perk stocked up...but I can bet with you that after they were to lose a few sets of those costing four or five hundred perks (just like it breaks my heart to lose a 262 at around 250ish pnts), you would wisen' up and fly right.  The perk system is made to balance it all out, so you cannot rightly state that the perk system would not work out well with any given aircraft.  As for the plane sets,  I understand where you're coming from an I'm all for that, but you cannot deny that we're lacking a better selection of bombers, be it perk rides or not... the majority of bomber formations you come across are Lancasters, because nothing else can come close to touching its payload.

It doesnt just stop there either, I would also love to see some other added content besides aircraft...  Whether its the ability to recieve minor repairs at the rearm pads (like patching fuel leaks, engine oil shots, minor mechanical problems.. taking more time to resolve than a simple rearm/refuel),  perked ord to choose from, larger selection of artilery, more tanks to jump into, or even some raybans to keep that pesky sun out of your eyes (too funny Jim)... 

as Strip said, the list could go on and on.

Jack.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:39:08 PM by jacked.up »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »
Because, a B29 would be indestructible. It has an insane armament, and, at altitude, is as fast as if not faster than most fighters. Theres no risk. I can honestly say that if I ever saw a B29 cruising along at 30,000 ft I would say 'pfft!' and find something else to kill, unless I had 3-5 people flying with me. I mean, really- 2 .50 cals and a 20mm cannon in the tail! There are many more aircraft, many more bombers, that would be more constructive and more enjoyable additions to the game than the B29. The only bomber the western allies need at this point is the Bristol Blenheim, so theres something us Luftwaffe guys can CATCH in the BoB. The Ruski's have some bombers that should definately be added, like the Pe-2 and the Tu-2. The Luftwaffe has long awaited the arrival of He-111s and Ju-52s. All of these aircraft had a much more significant role in WWII than the B29 and would add much more to the gameplay of Aces High than the B29 would.

Offline jacked.up

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 03:47:32 PM »
General characteristics
Crew: 11: (A/C)Airplane Commander, Pilot, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, radio operator, radar operator, blister gunners (two), CFC upper gunner, and tail gunner
Length: 99 ft 0 in (30.2 m)
Wingspan: 141 ft 3 in (43.1 m)
Height: 29 ft 7 in (8.5 m)
Wing area: 1,736 ft² (161.3 m²)
Empty weight: 74,500 lb (33,800 kg)
Loaded weight: 120,000 lb (54,000 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 133,500 lb (60,560 kg)
Powerplant: 4× Wright R-3350-23 and 23A turbosupercharged radial engines, 2,200 hp (1,640 kW) each
* Zero-lift drag coefficient: 0.0241
Drag area: 41.16 ft² (3.82 m²)
Aspect ratio: 11.50

Performance
Maximum speed: 357 mph (310 knots, 574 km/h)
Cruise speed: 220 mph (190 knots, 350 km/h)
Stall speed: 105 mph (91 knots, 170 km/h)
Combat range: 3,250 mi (2,820 nm, 5,230 km)
Ferry range: 5,600 mi (4,900 nm, 9,000 km)
Service ceiling 33,600 ft (10,200 m)
Rate of climb: 900 ft/min (4.6 m/s)
Wing loading: 69.12 lb/ft² (337 kg/m²)
Power/mass: 0.073 hp/lb (121 W/kg)
Lift-to-drag ratio: 16.8

Armament
Guns:

12× .50 in (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine guns in remote controlled turrets
1× 20 mm M2 cannon in tail (removed shortly after put into service, and later replaced by 2× .50 (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine guns.)
Bombs: 20,000 lb (9,000 kg) standard loadout, could be modified to externally carry two 22,000 lb (10,000 kg) T-14 "Earthquake" bombs.

Because, a B29 would be indestructible. It has an insane armament, and, at altitude, is as fast as if not faster than most fighters. Theres no risk. I can honestly say that if I ever saw a B29 cruising along at 30,000 ft I would say 'pfft!' and find something else to kill, unless I had 3-5 people flying with me. I mean, really- 2 .50 cals and a 20mm cannon in the tail! There are many more aircraft, many more bombers, that would be more constructive and more enjoyable additions to the game than the B29.

It is armed well, this was true indeed... but certainly not indestructible by far and it only had 1 20mm cannn in the tail (as the spec's show and was later replaced by 2 50cal's).  I agree with you that, there are many more aircraft out there, as well as bombers that could be added into AH2.  The B29 shouldn't be ruled out simply because it can climb to x-alt, or go x amount of speed.  If that alone was the deciding factor when Hitech looked at adding new planes, we would not have the 262 and me163 like we do now, for it can clime to x-alt and go x-amount of speed. I'm not pitching the B29 in this post either, even though it is begining to look as if I am.  Simply defending the fact that it should be fair game, just as other aircraft has been in the past..

and yes, do give us the He-111, Ju52's, and other bombers from different nationalities please :).

. I can honestly say that if I ever saw a B29 cruising along at 30,000 ft I would say 'pfft!' and find something else to kill

much like when a 262 is overhead 90% of the time

<S>

Jack.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 03:51:30 PM by jacked.up »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »
much like when a 262 is overhead 90% of the time

The 262 has to come down to attack you though.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »
jacked,

One 20mm per plane. Thats three 20mms plus a butt load of .50s. You ever try attcking a Ki67 from high six? Iv killed many people with its 20mm.

350mph is fast. So fast that if your not above it you would have to attack it from behind.

We have the Me262 because it was the first jet fighter to see combat. We have the Me163 because it was the only rocket fighter to see combat.

This is just another "i want da b29 o an da n00k 2" thread.

We nedd to feel the plane set out before we get another uber USA bomber.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »
We nedd to feel the plane set out before we get another uber USA bomber.

Since your so quick to point out grammar mistakes for other people I thought I would lend a helping hand on your post.

"I think we need to fill the plane set out before we get another late war US bomber."

Your welcome,

Strip(er)

BTW Who cares if he WISHES for the B29....its a WISHlist and its his WISH. I have seen you whine more about how it will be so hard to kill than anything else.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »
Since your so quick to point out grammar mistakes for other people I thought I would lend a helping hand on your post.

"I think we need to fill the plane set out before we get another late war US bomber."

Your welcome,

Strip(er)

BTW Who cares if he WISHES for the B29....its a WISHlist and its his WISH. I have seen you whine more about how it will be so hard to kill than anything else.

Search "nuke or "nook" and you'll understand the redundancy of asking for the B-29.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil