Author Topic: GREED....It STRIKES AGAIN!  (Read 611 times)

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
GREED....It STRIKES AGAIN!
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:26:05 AM »
National City Bank the 13th largest bank in the U.S. Is in big trouble and will be bought very soon!
Seems that the past CEO and his board got rich taking a chance on sub-prime housing loans..the bank
is now loosing billions...the stock was at a high of $45.00 at one time...now its at $9.00 a share!
 Mean while the past Ceo and his cronnies are down in some tropic location enjoying the millions that they made
on their bad decissions!
 Also many jobs will be lost and share holders will take a huge loss.

Greed= The root all all mans problems!!
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: GREED....It STRIKES AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:30:20 AM »
oh don't worry, there will be some sweet deal given by the govt with our tax dollars to some other corporate giant.
"strafing"

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »
National City Bank the 13th largest bank in the U.S. Is in big trouble and will be bought very soon!
Seems that the past CEO and his board got rich taking a chance on sub-prime housing loans..the bank
is now loosing billions...the stock was at a high of $45.00 at one time...now its at $9.00 a share!
 Mean while the past Ceo and his cronnies are down in some tropic location enjoying the millions that they made
on their bad decissions!

Greed= The root all all mans problems!!

They are tumbling, one by one-It seems' like only a matter of time. Crockett's right, though. I imagine there will be some sort of bailout. It depends' on how large they are, really.

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »
This is the kind of thing that happened in the depression....4 or 5 banks buying all the other guys!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 11:24:13 AM »
on their bad decissions!

link?

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »
There is no link....just some insider Info

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »
on their bad decissions!

And the CEO's were voted into their position by who?

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
I don't know who??

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »
I don't know who??

(in a whisper) the shareholders....
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
There is no link....just some insider Info

Then I'm calling BS.

also, if the execs were making money, so were the shareholders.  Who's fault is it if the shareholders weren't savvy enough to know when to dump a tanking stock?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 03:40:40 PM »
While the banks are a huge part of the problem, what about the dang lenders who borrowed and took a loan on something they truly couldnt afford?  At what point do we look at the consumer and see that they took on more than they could handle?

I mean, Credit 101 comes into a lot of this too

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 03:41:49 PM »
And the CEO's were voted into their position by who?

the board of directors, who are ceo's of other companies, that is why they make 400million a year. IE "you vote for my bonus package and i will vote for yours".

the stockholders vote on the board of directors, have you ever owned stock in a company, they send you a list of "recommended" board people to vote on or you can write in your own choice. i always put in my name but i never win , go figure.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
You know they tried to get there loses back on me. I used my National city debit card by mistake when I intended to use my credit union. (They looked very much alike) I knew how much was in there. Any way it bounced by 2 dollars. What was my penalty..$152 in fees. I had that and more in my credit union and covered it. Then closed my account. If banks made law they would hang you for jay walking.

Let em go belly up. They made the stupid loans.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »
While the banks are a huge part of the problem, what about the dang lenders who borrowed and took a loan on something they truly couldnt afford?  At what point do we look at the consumer and see that they took on more than they could handle?

I mean, Credit 101 comes into a lot of this too

There's actually a 3rd and 4th component of this mess. #1 is the government. They made some kind of rule forcing banks to lend to certain minorities whether or not they qualify. Another component is a group called ACORN. They sue banks that don't lend to certain minorities.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
There's actually a 3rd and 4th component of this mess. #1 is the government. They made some kind of rule forcing banks to lend to certain minorities whether or not they qualify. Another component is a group called ACORN. They sue banks that don't lend to certain minorities.

How many YEARS did we hear drivel from the Left about how so many unfortunate slobs in our country can't afford the 'American Dream' anymore?---They ultimately let people have home loans who had no business whatsoever having them, and to make it worse, they were stupid enough to give them ARMs. NOW I am deluged by stories about the evil banks and their 'predatory lending practices, for giving the afore-mentioned unfortunate slobs the loans. The economy didn't cost these people their homes, but their bailouts WILL cost the economy :mad:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/