Author Topic: V2 Bases?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
V2 Bases?
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:19:22 AM »
I know that V2 rockets had almost no effect in creating any damage but the Idea that germany
had exploding rockets got quite a lot of attention from the allies. We could have capturable V2 bases (very few,, less than cvs ect) these bases would do almost no damage to anything. But might add some nice visuals (Who here does not like rockets that blow up?) and add another level of strategy and one would be able to shoot down said rocket also! :)

zuii
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: V2 Bases?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »
You could make them capturable and distribute them all over the map, just like v-bases now, but I'd put them in the rear fields, and set to aim (with historical accuracy) and fire at enemy fields & strat.  Only the countries getting steamrolled could benefit (as much as you could from as much accuracy they had) from the extra free offense, and it'd drain the steamrolling force to engage the rockets in the air as well as their launch sites on the ground. 
It would also make for an extra strat target for level bombers, etc. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
I think you guys are thinking of the V-1 rocket.  The V-2 rocket went up to 50,000 feet at past the speed of sound.  The V-1 was closer to 450 or something and could be cault with modified P-51s and Tempests.  Also an interesting fact is that a pilot who was testing the Meteor caught up to one and hit his wing with his knocking out the gyro system.

I think the V-1 would be cool to have, but not so much the V-2.  V-2 would be overkill.  Maybe every ten minutes rocket bases will shoot off a volley of V-1s at the nearest target or someone could control the base like they do CVs and could shoot the rockets were  they would like.  Also you would have to make sure they didn't have a large range that could go much further back than the front line. 

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »
I do mean V1 rocket, which proves smarter people than me, read this board...
yes V1.  I think it was right after d-day over 8000 or so were launched.
some were shot down by aircraft, some were killed with Anti-air fire.

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
I'm not sure but I think they were launched on June 11 or so and I thought it was like 10,000 total were launched so 8,000 seems a bit high but it may be but this thread isn't about numbers, but if we should get it or not.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:17:01 AM »
The V2 rocket went up past 60 miles, thats over 300,000 feet, and well over mach 1. The only time they were vunerable was on the ground or about 30 seconds into flight.

Most times the V1 intereceptors would use airflow to over ride the gryomechanism on the missile. They would use a wing to flip the V1 over with air pressure so no contact was needed. This was the preferred method because hitting V1 with machine gun fire usually detonated the warhead resulting in damage to the fighters.

I dont think 8000 V1s were launched period, much less in 1 day.

Strip(er)

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:37:25 AM »
FZG-76, V1

powered with ramjet engine using gasoline and compressed air as fuel.
8 meters long
1800-2000 pound warhead
350-400 Mph level flight, they flew around 3-4k
maximum range 400 kilometers (250 miles) using an automatic guidance system before crashing.

The first offensive launchs were in June 1944.
Approximately 8000-10,000 were fired at England
(Of course not in one day)

Approximatley 4,000 V-1s were destroyed by fighters, anti-aircraft fire

about 1200 V-1s were launched from Heinkel He-111 bombers.

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 02:08:15 AM »
how would u launch so said rockets, will it cost perks, will there be something like Rocket perks.
HOW WILL IT WORK TELL ME! lol
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 02:10:57 AM »
I like the idea of a V1 rocket base maybe place it at HQ & every so many seconds or more they fire at strats. You could make them so the launch pads could be destroyed & this would generate more interest on HQ raids. Plus we could use Tempest's in a roll it was meant for & maybe just maybe it would be a back door way to get the Meteor into the game as the only combat that were used for was Buzz bomb hunting. They were not that accurate & would be almost of no use as a bombing weapon on our small targets in the game, however they would be fun to hunt down.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:13:13 AM by lyric1 »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 02:12:13 AM »
how would u launch so said rockets, will it cost perks, will there be something like Rocket perks.
HOW WILL IT WORK TELL ME! lol
We would have no control of them they would be like supply trucks on a timer.

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 02:20:58 AM »
ohhhhhhh ok :aok
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 03:51:30 AM »
V-2s would be good also on a "select a taget and have the system randomly generate the acuracy of the hit" basis.  Where you can select a taget and every so often a V-2 launches at specified target with varying accuracy.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 07:16:31 AM »
I like the idea of a V1 rocket base maybe place it at HQ & every so many seconds or more they fire at strats. You could make them so the launch pads could be destroyed & this would generate more interest on HQ raids. Plus we could use Tempest's in a roll it was meant for & maybe just maybe it would be a back door way to get the Meteor into the game as the only combat that were used for was Buzz bomb hunting. They were not that accurate & would be almost of no use as a bombing weapon on our small targets in the game, however they would be fun to hunt down.
Lyric that would promote Me163s to get in the mix.. It wouldn't be much fun. Maybe the V1 bases could be put near the maximum effective range of 163s from the 163 base. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 08:49:46 AM »
if you think v1 and v2 rockets didnt have a inpact try looking at the damage and deaths it caused in london.

whole schools destroyed with the children in them ,blocks of flats one minute there next  minute a big smoldering hole.
almost all the london Ack regiments were moved to the coast to stop the v1s,fighter squadrons were kept back to try to stop them,it was a big impact to us in england.

sometimes i wish people especial from across the pond would try reading some history first before posting.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 08:53:53 AM »
Accuracy could possibly be based on ENY of a country. The higher the countries ENY, the less accurate the rockets are.

The Rockets would target a specific strat factory until damage is say 50%, then move to the next one.

"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone