Author Topic: warping and game play  (Read 1559 times)

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
Re: warping and game play
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
I don't know what it is, but the last 2 days I had huge jumps in time delay also...

I had a collision (appearantly ...) but never saw a collision on my screen,

30 sec. later, a guy who was 6K away from me exploded (I saw the explosion), and I got granted the kill (without even firing a shot)

I can't blame them for being mad, but it's not my fault...

I'm on now for two weeks, free trial ended friday, I payed, and then these probs began.

Could it be the skins comming in, causing that?  They started to come in from the moment I started playing after I payed.

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 04:36:54 PM »
This also happens in gv's.  Twice now, in the last month or so, I'd have the bad guy lined up in my sights.  Every time I shot, he warped enough to dodge the shell.  I would shoot again, he would warp again.  I'd shoot again, he's warp again.  Finally someone dropped an egg on him.  :devil
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
If I see really bad warping I'll stay clear now. If I get close to someone warping, say on their 6, they almost always warp backwards through my 38. Mutants I tell you MUTANTS    :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »
there is a fix if you are the one warping and you know it's not your internet.
Right click "My Computer" and click properties. Under "See Also", it should say "Performance". Click on it. Under "Tasks", there should be "Adjust Power Settings". Click on it. If the box saying "High Performance" is not checked, bulleted, etc, you've found your problem.
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »
for sure, without a doubt the majority of warping is just a poor connection, and nothing more..

but there are some instances ive come across that are just hard to explain, like watching a con fly around in a furball.. with NO warping whatsoever, then when someone gets on his 6 he starts warping all over the place, then is fine and dandy again..  usually when this happens range VOX explodes with "look at this &#$&!!!"

Ive seen a good film someone posted of a 110, coming up dead 6 on some 17s...  2.0, 1.0... the wazzam.. he beginz warping all over the place, THE ENTIRE TIME hes scoring hits on the bombers, shooting on down and getting another smoking and missing parts....  after he warps out of gun range, hes fine again.

that sticks out as probably the best example of, lets call it "selective warping" ive ever seen.

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
Just to clearify, here is a note off of the trainers site:That said, just last night, I filmed an encounter where a player was maneuvering and not warping until I got on their 6.  Then they blink warped all over the place.  Half a minute later they came back to pick me, and did not warp in a turning fight from 10K to the deck.  I'll allow the benefit of the doubt, but if I see it again from that same player, I will send in the films.

I suggest sending a film to HTC as well.
Warping usually does not provide a convenience to the pilot that's warping.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 06:30:46 PM »
Thing is, if HTC kicks all with bad connection, there goes 50% of there ppl, and they lose 50% of there ppl, there goes 50% of the money going into keeping HTC running

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »
Thing is, if HTC kicks all with bad connection, there goes 50% of there ppl, and they lose 50% of there ppl, there goes 50% of the money going into keeping HTC running

-BigBOBCH

Bs it's not 50% of the people. It is a select few who do this. 
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:43 PM »
Right click "My Computer" and click properties. Under "See Also", it should say "Performance". Click on it. Under "Tasks", there should be "Adjust Power Settings". Click on it. If the box saying "High Performance" is not checked, bulleted, etc, you've found your problem.

i just went looking in mine..i don't have a "see other" choice, or a high performance choice anywhere when i right click my computer and go to properties.......

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »

-BigBOBCH

not really, because these guys will just try to log back in with better connections. in the mean-time, there'll probably be good fights to be had.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 07:07:02 PM »
It's all Captain Kirks fault, He's beaming them up and dropping them on our six.

But really, If the warping player is supposed to also see those around him warping, then there are time that he would be seeing 20+ warping planes.  I've had a bad connection a few times where I've been told I was warping, but I stayed in formation with those I was with, without seeing any warping.  How is that explained?
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »
Agree, I wish HT would auto boot guys with terrible connections.

There is a particular server I play DoD on and they have a filter in place that prevents those with pings of over 500ms from joining.  The result is a relatively lag free affair, wish something similiar could be used in AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 12:58:37 AM »

Found it, thnx :aok

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 02:34:17 AM »
This also happens in gv's.  Twice now, in the last month or so, I'd have the bad guy lined up in my sights.  Every time I shot, he warped enough to dodge the shell.  I would shoot again, he would warp again.  I'd shoot again, he's warp again.  Finally someone dropped an egg on him.  :devil

Mmmm, gunnrun tonight.

My computer doesnt have a 'see also' tab...
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »
Mmmm, gunnrun tonight.

My computer doesnt have a 'see also' tab...

Mine doesn't either.  If I click my computer/properties, it gives me the same choices that you see under control panel/system

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!