Author Topic: warping and game play  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
Re: warping and game play
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
good boot half...thatll make room in the arenas :D

Then we can go back to a singel arena right??   :lol

<S>
Spazz

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 01:00:14 PM »
Never played COD... never interested me. Do you pay a monthly fee to play or is it a game you can play offline as well as online.

Nevermind... I just checked. Not even close to Ah. COD you buy a game and you have the option to play online. They can boot you because you don't pay to play online. AH you pay to play online with the option to play offline. AH doesn't boot because you paid to be here.

I don't see how 'paying' to play AH2 should make any difference whatsoever.

AH2 is, essentially, an online game only.  I think your argument makes the point opposite to the one you think it does.  In AH2 you should be REQUIRED to have a decent connection or else get booted.  This is a game that relies upon the online player.   A good connection should be a prerequisite to playing the game, in the same way a good graphics card is required for many offline games.

Why is it that folks always feel that because they pay a subscription to play, AH2 must always appeal to the lowest common denominator?  Why would you NOT want to enforce some sort of connection requirement on a game where every plane and GV in the game is governed by a connection? 
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 02:43:37 PM »
^
Yes.

However this doesn't bother him when he is doing bomber or jabo runs. While everyone around him may warp into subspace and back 4 times a second, the terrain and all objects do not move at all. Pretty easy for him to strafe buildings or pork fields while basically being uninterceptable.

I once came across such a player in EW. I tried to protect town from a horde, but of course I couldn't stop him. When bringing up the subject on open channel I was told by his comrades to suck it up - "He has a crappy line an it's his 15$".  :rolleyes:

All I can say is when I had a bad warping problem (which by the way wasnt connection related I found out later) was as difficult for me as it was on them. I also found that my bombing calibretion was always off as well

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
See Rule #8
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:24:26 PM by Skuzzy »
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »
Mine doesn't either.  If I click my computer/properties, it gives me the same choices that you see under control panel/system

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

with Windows XP  R/click my computer,  properties, advanced tab, performance setting,   then check the "adjust for best performence"
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »
with Windows XP  R/click my computer,  properties, advanced tab, performance setting,   then check the "adjust for best performence"

that has nothing to do with your network connection..

its the settings for the windows graphics.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 12:24:08 AM »
ok i was on tonight and me and a few other told the same player
his connection was bad and he was warping through buildings trees the ground everything.

All he did was laugh as said he dont care.fair enough its his money
but the annoying thing is he couldnt hardly be shot down,but managed to hit us time and time again with
bombs and guns.
now this isnt fair play for others,when hes dead in your sights then warps 2k away or through the ground.
 i dont know what could be done but it takes away from the fun when someone is using this to there advantage.

He's been doing it since he started playing.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »
All I can say is when I had a bad warping problem (which by the way wasnt connection related I found out later) was as difficult for me as it was on them. I also found that my bombing calibretion was always off as well

But this guy has no problems when he's on someone's 6.  If you fly EW or MW you know who this person is
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 03:27:20 AM »
Few warpy players but overall, the lag seems to be less sever
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »
But this guy has no problems when he's on someone's 6.  If you fly EW or MW you know who this person is

I haven't warped since I fixed the problem, read my post. Ive had u in my gunsights dead to rights more than once when I  warped in front of you . The warp didn't seem to affect your Hurricane in the Ho  :rock

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 02:37:03 PM »
ive seen this on multiple occasions. this issue is never going to be fixed.  :furious

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
I know this Chris and thanks but I was merely trying to state that his instructions weren't correct for what the majority of users will see.  I know, I should have stated such. :(

All the Best...
   Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:55:28 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 07:05:41 AM »
I've noticed the weird warping from some players also. It usually only happens when you get on there 6 as was stated above. Has anyone filmed these instances and sent them in to HT?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 07:29:55 AM »
I've noticed the weird warping from some players also. It usually only happens when you get on there 6 as was stated above. Has anyone filmed these instances and sent them in to HT?

i filmed one.....was scouting looiking for the cause of a bardar in one of our sectors...figured a VB was beng bombed, so i was around 10k alt.........got there, spotted a pony low...like he was de-acking(this was about 7 months ago), so i did a foward slip to bleed off my alt without overspeeding(was in 38J). at about 5k alt, i leveled off, and watched his pattern, then dropped so i'd end up on his 6 as he climbed back from a run......put a few rounds in him, and he ran(of course) out over the water, but he didn't have enough alt to pull out of guns range. we were so low to the water, we were leaving wakes, and then......just as i squeezed the trigger, he dissappeared, so i climbed up, thinking he hit. wrong.....he suddenly re-appeared 3k behind me going the other way, truning to come back my way.........i got back to him, and he did one or two "tiny" warps....but in the end i did get him. dunno wether it was delibret, or his system sucked though.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)