Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8143 times)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2008, 06:16:32 PM »
There's a difference in a civil discussion and being PC.  You simply won't get it.  Your loss.

No big deal on the ignore, it was a handy feature when you found someone about as useful to the message boards as a bump on a log.    :rolleyes:

Didn't really mention anything about PC, but I guess Jackal wants to just make things up.  Whatever.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »
You don`t need a CCW for the use of a scroll wheel. Try it.................or you could continue to whine over something that you don`t even understand.

Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2008, 08:18:24 AM »
LoL, for the sake of my humor we'll keep going.  What do I not understand?  That for some god awful reason you hate someone with a different political viewpoint?  That instead of providing evidence and reason to the argument you resort to name calling and a superiority complex?

Again, too bad about the ignore feature as it was handy but I do agree, my scroll will keep moving past your worthless posts.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »

Let`s see.
So in other words you do not like my opinions ands views concerning CCWs and the way I express them.....right?
They differ from yours and are expressed in non PC terms and that upsets you.
The important thing here is that you have totally lost track of what the thread is about and at what point you started whining..............when you didn`t know what was going on.
I stand up for the right to own/carry with or without a CCW, such as the case in my state concerning vehicle carry. I express those views.
I haven`t seen anyone ask for everyone to be forced to own or carry. It`s a matter of choice.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2008, 08:27:55 AM »
well..  for my part..  I don't "hate" people with other viewpoints but if they try to force theirs on me then they are the enemy. 

If you just want to discuss it... that is different.. I can always use a good laugh.. it gets serious when you think you have the right to vote away or take away my rights.

lazs

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2008, 08:47:40 AM »
<S> laz, at least you provide reasons and evidence to support your views.  You aren't even all that offensive!

Jackal, quote my whine!  c'mon lets see it!

All I've done is call out your hate speech and asked to keep it civil.  I guess thats asking too much from a great example of a conservative amerikan huh?

Sorry for the hijack, I'm dropping it.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »
Jackal, quote my whine!  c'mon lets see it!

Whines would be a better word. You are on the third page of it and still going strong.but here is the original....
You have anything but hate speech for people of a different political view or should I save myself the trouble and put you on the ignore list?

If you are scared of my views concerning CCW and other topics then follow your own statements.......ignore it......or stick your head in the ground.
Like I said PC is not my bag especially when it comes to people wishing to deny my rights.
If someone doesn`t wish to own or carry it is not required. Just don`t ask me to not disagree when it comes to opinions that are way too liberal for my beliefs.
The weak, the scared, limp wristed views of those that wish to deny me of those rights and rights of others make me want to hurl as stated.
There is no hate speech involved. It is just the facts concerning my opinion on these subjects. I reserve that right.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »
If I get this straight, you are against the transporting of any weapons' in a vehicle, because they MAY lead to some kind of shooting, right?

Nope- not at all. You can transport as many guns as you want provided they aren't assessable to the driver or passengers, and are unloaded. My objection are to people who carry a gun in their car without a permit, provided we can presume a permit means you've had some training in the safety and handling of a firearm. There is absolutely no reason to have a firearm in your car as you're buzzing down the freeway, and because driving is a priveledge you have no more right to carry a concealed weapon in your car than you do to carry an open container of alcohol in your car.

The concealed laws we have now only deter the "honest" people from carrying a concealed weapon in their car because if caught (in the absence of the gun being stolen, or brandishing) all that'll happen is you'll get a slap on the wrist.

Anyways I didn't author this thread and I don't feel insecure to the point I feel the need to arm myself, but if you really want to end road rage shootings, drive bys and the like the obvious and most simple solution is to put people in prison for 5 years who get caught with a concealed weapon on their person.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:56:11 AM by Airhead »

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »
There is absolutely no reason to have a firearm in your car as you're buzzing down the freeway, and because driving is a priveledge you have no more right to carry a concealed weapon in your car than you do to carry an open container of alcohol in your car.

As it stands now that is true for some states, but not all.
In my state you do have the right to carry a concealed weapon in your vehicle.
I believe other states are soon to follow.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2008, 10:31:11 AM »
And in some States you can carry an open beer in your car too. Where we lose our priveledges is when people abuse those priveledges- I would love to see us (as a society) backpedal to the days of individual responsibility. I have no problem with Lazs carrying a gun- he's not likely to get ruffled enough to shoot a motorist for cutting him off on the freeway, and he's not a gang banger, so knowing Lazs I'm confident his firearm is for self protection.

The question, in my mind, is who Lazs loses his former "rights" to- he'd say he loses his rights because of the Government but I think he loses his rights because of the actions of his fellow citizens. The Government is simply the messenger saying "We're getting too many drive-bys" or "We're getting to many serious injuries in car crashes" and they're acting accordingly to address that issue, be it through gun control or seat belt laws. I'll guarantee you that if we didn't have road rage and drive by shootings we wouldn't have more Draconian gun control laws.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »
The question, in my mind, is who Lazs loses his former "rights" to- he'd say he loses his rights because of the Government but I think he loses his rights because of the actions of his fellow citizens. The Government is simply the messenger saying "We're getting too many drive-bys" or "We're getting to many serious injuries in car crashes" and they're acting accordingly to address that issue, be it through gun control or seat belt laws.

And on the same note the message was sent perfectly loud and clear to our state`s leaders that we wished to have our right to carry. The law was brought back out of the dark ages recently to reflect that.
A small step in the right direction, but at least it is a good beginning IMO.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2008, 10:58:46 AM »
And in some States you can carry an open beer in your car too. Where we lose our priveledges is when people abuse those priveledges- I would love to see us (as a society) backpedal to the days of individual responsibility. I have no problem with Lazs carrying a gun- he's not likely to get ruffled enough to shoot a motorist for cutting him off on the freeway, and he's not a gang banger, so knowing Lazs I'm confident his firearm is for self protection.

As soon as you get the violent criminals to stop carrying guns, I'll stop too. Tell me, if you pass a million guns laws, how many violent criminals will obey them? Other than disarming the general populace so the criminals have an easier time of brutalizing the sheep you would create, what do you think laws restricting transport of usable guns will accomplish?  Seriously?  I'd like an answer from you.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »
Hornet,

One was "standing behind the truck so you couldn't back out"?

My weapon wouldn't have even seen the light of day.   :rofl

Reverse lights are probably the last thing that guy would've remembered seeing (possibly the click of shifting gears might be the last thing he heard, also)  Then your path home would've been clear.

Well met, sir.  I was stationed at Ft. Eustis for a time, and I know the area is rough at times.

Good thing you didn't need to fire upon them.  Blood and brains are hard to clean out of upholstery, and bullet holes tend to ruin the resale value of trucks.

:salute

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2008, 12:17:19 PM »
As soon as you get the violent criminals to stop carrying guns, I'll stop too. Tell me, if you pass a million guns laws, how many violent criminals will obey them? Other than disarming the general populace so the criminals have an easier time of brutalizing the sheep you would create, what do you think laws restricting transport of usable guns will accomplish?  Seriously?  I'd like an answer from you.

First a disclaimer: I have no problem with CCWs and feel that a clean background check and completion of a weekend course (or however long) any citizen should be allowed to get one.

Two things would be accomplished if we increased the penalties for thoce caught carrying a concealed weapon illegally- It would cut down on the number of road rage shootings and it would give our judicial system another weapon to use to keep dirtbags off the street.

Now Steve, I have a question for YOU- Why do you need a firearm in your car if you're going down the freeway at 80mph? I read The Armed Citizen in the American Rifleman, but rarely, if ever, are those cases more than stopping a home invasion or a burgular.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2008, 12:46:06 PM »
First a disclaimer: I have no problem with CCWs and feel that a clean background check and completion of a weekend course (or however long) any citizen should be allowed to get one.

Two things would be accomplished if we increased the penalties for thoce caught carrying a concealed weapon illegally- It would cut down on the number of road rage shootings and it would give our judicial system another weapon to use to keep dirtbags off the street.

Now Steve, I have a question for YOU- Why do you need a firearm in your car if you're going down the freeway at 80mph? I read The Armed Citizen in the American Rifleman, but rarely, if ever, are those cases more than stopping a home invasion or a burgular.

Well, hopefully I'll never need  a gun anywhere, freeway or otherwise. What about carjacking?  I have to drive to get to the freeway on side streets. Or do you want me to stop on the onramp and disable my gun?

I really don't think we are too far apart in our views. If I have trouble on the freeway at 80 MPH, certainly I'm not going to pull out a weapon and start firing but if, I'm on the freeway, I must be going somewhere.  In my job, I sometimes go to blighted areas of town. Am I to disable my weapon for the freeway then re-assemble it on the offramp? Put it in the trunk for highway driving?