Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8123 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:05:10 AM »
Had an interesting Saturday night. I was coming home from the local bar where I had been shooting in a pool turny all night, and decided to stop at the 7-11 right around the corner from my apartment complex for some smokes, munchies, and a couple of 2 liters of Pepsi. Right next door to the 7-11 is a hip hop club. It's very popular with the brothers in the area so they are always hanging out in front of the place and raising hell in the parking lot. The police patrol the area heavily when the club is open for the obvious reasons.

Anyway I walked into the 7-11 past a bunch of gang bangers, get my stuff and walk back out to my truck. Mind you I'm a white guy wearing a cowboy hat, boots, and a t-shirt that has the "Cowboy Up" logo on the back of it. Well three of the brother start giving me a bunch of crap about the way I'm dressed. I ignore them and continue on to my truck and they start to follow me. I get in my truck and one of them walks around behind my truck and stands there so I can't move, while the other two come up to the drivers side window and start giving me a bunch of crap. I asked them why they are being so racist towards me and they get really pissed off and start telling me they are going to kick my arse.

Game on. I open the center console of my truck where I had my Taurus PT99 9mm pistol and pull it out and set it up on the dash where they can see it. One of them yells "He's got a gun" and they all run off. I start my truck and drive around the corner to my apartment complex, pull in and park and sit there for a minute looking around to see if they are trying to follow me. I can see the club from where I'm parked and I see the three of them standing there watching me so I figure I'll wait until they leave so they don't see what apartment I live in.

Within a couple of minutes a police cruiser pulls into the parking lot and comes right up behind my truck and stops. Two officers get out and tell me to get out of my truck. I do as I'm told and one of them comes up to me while the other stands back behind the cruiser watching me. The first officer asks me if I have a gun in my truck and I tell him yes I do and that I also have a valid CCW in my wallet along with my ID if he would like to see it. I hand him my CCW, ID, and tell him my pistol is in the center console and that he may get it out if he wants and look through my truck.

He checks everything out, calls in my ID and CCW info, comes back clean and in order, then he asks me what happened. I told him what went down, and that's when he informed me that the guys giving me all the crap where the ones who called the police. I looked over and they were still standing there on their cell phones. I pointed them out to the police, and they told me they would go over and have a little chat with them. They gave me back my CCW, and ID told me to have a nice evening and left. I stayed there leaning against my truck and watched as the officers went over and started questioning the three guys, and had to laugh when the officers both drew their firearms and told them to get on the ground. One of them had a gun on him at that point, and he was arrested. The other had a bag of "something" in his pocket and he was arrested, and the third guy ended up getting arrested for something, not sure what, but they had anouther cruiser show up with two more officers to take him away.

That was the closest I've come to atually pulling the trigger. I was SURE they were about to start breaking windows on my truck to try and get me out and beat the crap out of me. All for wearing western clothing, driving a truck, and being white. I didn't say anything to them going into the store or coming out to provoke that kind of response from them. They were just a bunch of racists thugs looking for an excuse to stir up trouble and then got pissed when I called them on it.

I honestly believe that if I didn't have my pistol with me I might not have made it home Saturday night, and I can see the store from my bedroom window. At least I didn't become a victim and I never will. Not without a fight anyway.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
Nancy Pelosi is crying right now because you defended yourself. You should have taken your asswhoppin'...you are white afterall.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »
Sounds like it worked out well for you, I don't think I would have put my gun on the dash tho.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 11:32:08 AM »
I am not racist but being that I work in a job that deal alot with thugs. I came to realized most of the time if u call their bluff they shut the F up, however some think that they can keep going on and that is where the sh*t hits the fan. I  :salute u sir for standing up. Just remember they do have some d*ckheads out there. Who may not be bluffing. I have no doubt that u can handle yourself. Just keep that in the back of your mind <S>.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:32:39 AM »
Serves em right..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:41:12 AM »
The only suck part is you need to watch your stuff and back for the next month or so.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 11:50:40 AM »
I'm glad you're safe Hornet.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »
So, 3 gang bangers called the cops on you? You realize that this is ... well .... highly unusual?

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »
You should have shot the 3 of them and done the universe a favour.

Good job, mate  :aok
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 12:02:27 PM »
Not sure what state you live in, but if you brandish a weapon in WA state, you'll go to jail.
Now, you can inform the party preventing you from leaving that you are armed, but you cannot draw your weapon until there is a threat to your life (i.e. they pull a gun).  Sounds weird, but that's the way it is here.

My "action plan" that I have rehearsed in my head is that I could have my hand on the weapon inside my jacket or in the center console where it is kept while traveling, and warn the party threatening me that I am armed. If they pull a weapon, I'll have to be faster.

Offline MoeRon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 12:07:03 PM »
You realize that this is ... well .... highly unusual?

Glad things worked out though....i'd still be nervous driving around with a loaded pistol and i live in Chicago.   :uhoh
Lotteries are a tax for people who suck at math.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
So, 3 gang bangers called the cops on you? You realize that this is ... well .... highly unusual?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not 100% sure it was "them" that called the police or someone else that was in the store or parking lot that saw me with my pistol. There were at least 10-12 people (all black) in the immediate area watching and not doing a damn thing to stop it. Most likely was one of them that called.

As far as watching my back, well that goes without saying. At least my apartment complex is a gated community, 4 police officers live there, and there are survailance cameras all over the place outside. There are a ton of military folks that live there as well and I know all my immediate neighbors. They all know what happened and everyone keeps a pretty good watch around the apartments and parking lots.

There's never been any trouble in the apartments and never really any trouble in the entire area until that club opened up 9 months ago. They've had so many complaints filed against them, that they only open on the weekends now. Hopefully they'll get shut down before too long and everything can go back to being a peacefull neighborhood again.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »

It's really is not that unusual, I have found that people who have been in the system know how to use the system, of course the guy holding the gun would have ditched it so maybe they didn't call  :)

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »

This smells very fishy.  also, if this actually did happen, you handled this incredibly stupidly and are lucky you didn't get killed.

while the other two come up to the drivers side window
So with two bad guys at the driver's side window you
I open the center console of my truck where I had my Taurus PT99 9mm pistol and pull it out and set it up on the dash

You pulled out your gun and then let go of it with a bad guy a foot or two away from you and not much farther from the gun. You let go of your gun?!  You are either telling tall tales here or are else you have absolutely no business owning a handgun because you have no clue whatsoever about gun retention.  Which is it?

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »
Well done Hornet33.
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"