Author Topic: Thank God for my CCW!!!!  (Read 8124 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Re: Thank God for my CCW!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
so you drive directly to your house which is in sight after being confronted by the local gangbangers? :huh

well whatever you think is the thing to do :aok

Yeah, kinda stupid thing to do huh? What can I say, I was scarred and just wanted to get home. When they ran and I took off it was just kinda auto pilot at that point. When I saw them watching me from across the street in the parking lot I got scared even more so I stayed in my truck so they wouldn't see what building I lived in. That's when the police showed up and started questioning me about everything.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »
This story pegs my BS-o-meter. At the same time my care-o-meter hasn't even twitched. Enjoy your tall tales, cowboy.   :aok

Mmmm

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,215923.0.html

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »
Steve, you love to talk about your BS-o-meter an awful lot, don't you?  :rofl 

And all the while pegs everyone else`s. :)
He would argue with a fence post......and lose.

Hornet hasn't given any indication in the past that he'd lie about stuff...  *rolls eyes* 

I may not always agree with a lot of Hornet`s views on things, but one thing he doesn`t do here is BS.

It`s a violent world out the kiddies. Get a grip.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 04:16:09 PM »
What's your point Vulcan? That craps been going on ever since that club opened. Getting hasseled and called names for wearing my boots and hat is nothing new, but having 3 of them follow me to my truck and threaten to kick my arse because of it was. Like I said in that thread and this one, the police always have a heavy pressence in the area when that club is open. The police showed up in my apartment complex within minutes of me pulling in looking for my truck so they were close by.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 04:17:25 PM »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 05:30:34 PM »
Steve, you love to talk about your BS-o-meter an awful lot, don't you?  :rofl 
And the care-o-meter? I actually think that may be a new one for you.  :lol
Hornet hasn't given any indication in the past that he'd lie about stuff...  *rolls eyes* 

Don't be so hard on Steve. When it comes to BS, he is profoundly familiar.

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 06:58:09 PM »
I'd just like to say that its funny how the anti-gun whiners haven't touched this.  Go figure that when advocates of responsible self protection are proven right they don't have anything to say.

Hornet, glad to hear you came out on top of that.  Remember that no incident goes down perfectly, and that an AAR is always a good idea.  Learning from a few mistakes that were made is golden.  Watch yourself for a while.  If they saw you park there they may assume you do live there and come back looking for you and/or your truck.  They may be out soon or send friends, either way, remain vigilant. 
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
Kinda hard to "touch it" when they don't really think it's true. I'm going to have to side with them on this one and also point out something rip said:

Not sure what state you live in, but if you brandish a weapon in WA state, you'll go to jail.

Same thing in Oregon.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 07:13:40 PM »
Sounds like it worked out well for you, I don't think I would have put my gun on the dash tho.

shamus
Agree, technically, that would be "brandishing".    But, it seems all is good, so just watch it in the future Hornet.   <<S>> and glad you're ok. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

storch

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
Kinda hard to "touch it" when they don't really think it's true. I'm going to have to side with them on this one and also point out something rip said:

Same thing in Oregon.

here in florida he would have been celebrated, we are allowed to defend ourselves if the incident were true that is.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »
We're allowed to defend ourselves too. But brandishing a weapon because 3 people are near your car isn't really going to cut it as defending yourself.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »
Don't be so hard on Steve. When it comes to BS, he is profoundly familiar.
My intent wasn't too be harsh toward him. I still think he's tops... I seen the Bailey show.  :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 09:49:33 PM »
I'm on your side in this Hornet.  Since this has happened to you before at that 7-11 with the brothers giving you grief about the cowboy hat and all...I'm thinking the best self defense in the future would be to not go to that 7-11.  I know it sounds wussy to avoid a place where trouble might happen, but if you had used the gun and killed the thugs, having had trouble there before, it might look like you went there with a gun with the intention to shoot someone.  At least that's what a prosecuting attorney might say.  That you had the gun because you were expecting trouble, i.e. looking for it.

Another thing, what if the thugs hadn't backed off at the sight of the gun?  Then you'd have to shoot them.  You would have gotten in trouble, unfortunately.

I'm not saying what I would have done under the circumstances.  No one knows what they will do until they do it.  It would make sense to roll up the windows and  get out of there soon as possible.  If I had to say anything it may have been something like, "No thanks, not today." If I had problems at that 7-11 before under similar circumstances, I wouldn't have been there to begin with.   

Glad everything turned out well.  Using the word "you" in a global sense, it's a rough situation where you have to wait for someone to attack you first before acting.  I've always heard if you shoot someone, to tell the Police you were in fear for your life (which wouldn't be a lie.)  Please don't take this as a personal criticism. It's not. In my uneducated opinion, if you had killed one of those thugs, the biggest obstacle to a self defense argument would be that you went back to that 7-11 when you had this happen in the past and knew it was likely to happen again. 

Les

storch

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »
We're allowed to defend ourselves too. But brandishing a weapon because 3 people are near your car isn't really going to cut it as defending yourself.

I can shoot someone if I feel threatened here.