Author Topic: Hopefully not another Waco  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Hopefully not another Waco
« on: April 08, 2008, 03:36:54 AM »
WTF, whacked religous group in Texas abusing children etc  :furious

http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/erlent/2008/04/08/fjolkvaeni_og_barnanidsla_rannsokud/

It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Hopefully not another Waco
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:41:55 AM »
Child protective services raided a castle-like compound near El Dorado, TX.  Four hundred and one children were removed for their own safety.  Apparently this was a religious polygamist compound.  A 16 year old girl who had been forced to marry and have kids with a 50 year old man tipped off CPS (child protective services).

Some of the kids have never been off the compound, and have been brainwashed into thinking that everyone in the outside world is evil.  Similar to the movie "The Village".

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »
Got to remember at this point the media hype involved and what they are being fed by the powers that be.
The alleged caller has not been located, identified or has not come forward at this time.
I`m sure they will be one in the future whether the caller was fact or fiction.  :confused:
The kids being taken to other locations is  a good idea until this can be sorted out.
I certainly don`t agree with their practices and beliefs but I am also concerned about the constitution being trashed and authority over stepping it`s bounds.
The men are being held on the property and not allowed to leave. At what point this becomes illegal I am not sure.
If they have charges, file them and make arrests against those that have the charges. Holding an entire group of people with no charges to back it up just has a real bad smell to it.
The media certainly can`t be believed at this point. They are ringing every bit of sensationalism out of this they can get and going for the gold.
The property immediately became a compound with the media. The religion immediately became a cult or sect.
Really hard to know what is going on at this point.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »
WTF, whacked religous group in Texas abusing children etc  :furious

http://www.mbl.is/mm/frettir/erlent/2008/04/08/fjolkvaeni_og_barnanidsla_rannsokud/

I have yet to see where anyone has claimed or accused them of "abusing children, etc". I'm not saying nothing nefarious happened there, but spouting off unfounded accusations is irresponsible.

I'm curious what the age of consent is in Texas, here it is 15 if the other is over 18.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:01:18 AM »
I believe it's 16 here. I doubt if consent is even an issue in a case like this.
Also like mentioned above, nobody is really sure what's going on just yet.
Just have to wait and see.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 08:10:21 AM »
I think it's 17 here in Texas.  With her having a baby at 15... that's a bit under age of consent.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »
Hopefully not another Waco

No worries, Janet Reno is not the AG.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »
Not sure about the story.. It just struck me odd with all the "child abuse" talk.. there were over 400 kids there and the only child that was abused so far as I can tell was a 16 year old...

not defending this place.. don't know squat about it but.. compared to a lot of public schools.. the place had a pretty clean bill of health.. abuse wise.   If the raided public schools based on child abuse, forced drug use and brainwashing....

I doubt there would be many left.

lazs

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 08:22:26 AM »
It's fundamental mormonism at its very finest. The very thread of the religion is to have as many children and wives in order to have the most chance at having "God-ship" over your very own planet when you die. It's absurd and its child abuse; no matter if the child is 15 or 17. The children there are brainwashed into believing that this religious sponsored sexual perversion is their duty to their 'husbands'. Hopefully there is one brave child in that pack of 400 that will tell it like it is.
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »
Not sure about the story.. It just struck me odd with all the "child abuse" talk.. there were over 400 kids there and the only child that was abused so far as I can tell was a 16 year old...

Which has yet to materialize.

Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 08:38:02 AM »
sooo.. you think that if we can show forced drug use and brainwashing and child abuse at schools that they should be shut down?   So do I.

lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 08:44:20 AM »
Which has yet to materialize.

We've yet see Chairboy protest this government intrusion on so many lives too!  :noid

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »
I would be willing to bet that they knocked on the door first rather than fire a few rounds through it, that normally makes for a bit less violence when executing a warrant.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 12:13:24 PM »
The people at Waco commited suicide.... at no time were they told not to come out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
News this am on NBC, 14 year olds being married ( pledged) to 50 year olds was common practice.  It will come out.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"