Author Topic: F4U Skin Questions  (Read 367 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
F4U Skin Questions
« on: April 08, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »
I'm just playing around right now since I have free time at work but might actually take a shot at doing one if i can figure it out. Any advice on these skins appreciated, I'm using Illustrator and Photoshop if that helps any. Now for a couple questions.

1. Just downloaded and the template from AH-Skins.com for the -1D and read the Text file, anyone know if these bugs are going to be fixed or is this something that will just have to be dealt with for awhile?

2. What books should I look for on F4U profiles and just general good books on them?

3. Where to find the color numbers, is opening a skin up and picking a color going to be safe?

4. Why no "Checkerboard" F4U's in the game, pain in the rear or lack of references?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: F4U Skin Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »
For profiles, check to see if the 'Osprey Aircraft of the Aces' series has a book on F4U aces. The books generally have lots of profiles and many photographs for reference on weathering.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:35:46 PM »
Whiteman,

The skin templates from AH-skins are for the old models, so are no longer valid. There are currently no publicly-available templates. Unless that's changed then I'm sorry.

As for no Checkerboard, one is in the works for the 1D, and I have a partially-completed 1A that also sports a checkerboard pattern.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 03:03:08 AM »
lol, I had a feeling that was an old file. Thanks.