Author Topic: LLv34 vs 5 GIAP squadron duel results  (Read 1598 times)

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
LLv34 vs 5 GIAP squadron duel results
« on: December 10, 2000, 04:12:00 PM »
S!

Lentolaivue 34 and 5th Guards Fighter Air Regiment had another squadron duel today. The 4vs4 duel was fought in AH H2H.  LLv34 flew Bf 109 G-2's vs 5 GIAP's LA-5FN's.  Camo's beta SuomiH2H terrain was used to get some historical athmosphere into the fight.  

The duel was fought in 3 frames.  First two frames were flown with "friendly only icons", the last frame was flown "icons off".

Here are the results from the 3 frames:

Frame 1:

5 GIAP:  8 points
LLv34: 2 points

5 GIAP pilots:
Leonid: 1 kill (Snefens), RTB
Gie: 1 kill (Wmaker), smoked by Snefens, ditched and captured
Wisk: 1 kill (Jarski), RTB
Viks: no kills, disconnected

LLv34 pilots:
Camo: Crashed due to screen freeze when Viks discoed. No points scored either way.
Jarski: Shot down by Wiks. KIA
Snefens: 1 kill (Gie). Shot down by Leonid. KIA?
Wmaker: Shot down by Gie. KIA

The fight separated into two very early.  Jarski and Wmaker got too low and were slaughtered. Camo and Snefens stayed high and managed to BnZ the four enemies easily. Snefens damaged Gie during this stage. Unfortunately, then Viks was discoed which froze the host's (Camo) screen.  The computer came back to life just in time to witness the crash.  Snefens managed to smoke Gie, who later ditched at Suursaari, a finnish island, and thus captured. Snefens was shot down by Leonid moments later.

A clear victory to 5 GIAP!

=============================================

Frame 2:

LLv34: 9 points
5 GIAP:  3 points

5 GIAP pilots:
Leonid: no kills, RTB
Gie: 1 kill (Jarski), shot down by Camo, bailed and captured
Petya: no kills, had taken pings from Camo and crashed on landing, KIA
Viks: no kills, Shot down by BlauKreuz, KIA

LLv34 pilots:
Camo: 2 kills (Gie, Petya). RTB
BlauKreuz: 1 kill (Viks). RTB
Mika: 1 assist (Gie). RTB
Jarski: Compressed and crashed, kill awarded to Gie. KIA

This time we didn't make the mistake of going low.    We kept high and BnZ'd the enemy.  The fight took place between clouds. Jarski unfortunately got 2 LA5's behind him, tried to dive for the clouds but compressed and crashed.    Camo then got behind the 2 enemies as they zoomed up and shot Gie's wingtip off.  Mika also pinged him.  Gie bailed near the Finnish shore.  The other La5 (Petya) also made his way into Camo's gunsight and got a 20mm welcome.  Probably no damage.  A bit later BlauKreuz managed to surprise Viks and shot him down in a ball of flames.  Some beacons were reported at this time, which might have an effect to this.     Leonid and Petya headed back to base.  Petya unfortunately crashed, kill was awarded to Camo. Camo, BK and Mika RTB'd safely after their victory "räimäsy's" on the Kymi control tower.  

Clear LLv34 victory!

Frame 3:

5 GIAP:  10 points
LLv34: 4 points

5 GIAP pilots:
Leonid: no kills, shot down by BlauKreuz
Gie: 1 kill (BlauK), RTB
Wisk: 1 kill (Mika), RTB
Viks: 1 kill (Camo), shot down by BlauKreuz, bailed and captured

LLv34 pilots:
Camo: no kills, shot down by Viks, bailed
BlauKreuz: 2 kills (Leonid, Viks). Shot also Snefens down! Shot down by Gie, bailed
Snefens: no kills, shot down by BlauK. KIA
Mika: no kills, shot down by Wisk, bailed

Exciting fight without icons!  LLv34 managed to force the La5's low in the early stages of the fight.  Camo made a diving pass on a low La5, missed, pulled up steeply, but the La5 (Viks) managed to get a snapshot to his tail as he zoomed up!!  Nice shot!! Camo bailed.  The fight went low to the deck, with both sides chasing eachother, shooting both enemies and friendlies.    This cost Snefens his life, as BK got a 20mm into his cockpit.  BK had shot Leonid down earlier. In the late stages of the fight, BlauK chased a La5, with another on his tail. As he shot the La5 down, the other shot him at the same time.  Viks bailed first, BK seconds later. The remaining 2 La5s downed Mika shortly, he managed to bail safely.

Clear 5 GIAP victory!!

TOTAL SCORES

5 GIAP:  21 points
LLv34: 15 points

5 GIAP won by a close margin!!!  Well done, I hope we can do this again soon!

Salute to all pilots who participated!

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."

[This message has been edited by LLv34_Camouflage (edited 12-10-2000).]
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »
OK, I participated in frame 1 and frame 3.

Frame 1:
When we met the enemy Camo and I were fighting a high couple of La-5's while Jarsci and Wmaker got lower fighting the other couple. They were both shot down tho, so me and Camo had to be more careful. We handled this 2v4 ok for a while and I hit one of the La-5's so it started smoking white smoke.
I was clearing camo's six when suddenly the plane I chased drifted off and camo reported his screen froze. When it got back the enemy had discoed and camo had augered during the freeze. I was then alone against 3 enemies. The one I had hit earlier still chased me as his damage was not seriuos. I made some reversals and got a snapshot so dark smoke started pouring out. He then disengaged. Now the other two enemies closed and I got caught low and during three passes I finally recieved damage to my wing so in broke.

Result: Dead (Lenya), damaged Gie who had to set his plane down on island in middle of Gulf. Control of this territory unknown at this time.

Frame 1 Film

Frame 3:
Now no icons were used and this like always made for an interesting fight with (at distance) rather similar planes like the 109 and the La.
In start of flight my wingman Mika stayed by me so it was possible to keep an eye on the enemy. After several passes we got seperated and I then had to get very close to ensure identification. Camo was shot down, but BlauKreuz got a kill too. I saw a few occasions the enemy shoot at each other and I also shoot some long distance shots towards Mika. At a moment I was chasing an La-5 and I hit him. BK asked if it was the enemy who shot and I said that I had just shot and hit and enemy. Our misunderstanding led to BK hitting me in a snapshot and he fired at me when I was turning sharp into him. He hit a single 20mm right in the cockpit and I was killed.

Result: Dead

Frame 3 Film

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
My own homepage
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

funked

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2000, 06:37:00 PM »
WTG!  Hope we get some East Front scenarios soon.  

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2000, 07:26:00 PM »
Damn there's something reeeally screwy with the post editing...

Scores, rules and also results from the last duel can be viewed at http://www.hut.fi/u/vpitkane/LLv34/34vs5

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

VikS

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2000, 07:42:00 PM »
S!

1st frame:
1kill - Jarsky (i kill him, not Wisk )
discoed

2nd frame:
Killed by BlauKreuz

3rd frame:
1kill - Camo
Shot down by BlauKreuz, bailed captured

That was cool!

Vik

Offline Mika

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2000, 08:13:00 PM »
I took part in the 2nd and 3rd frame.
In the second one I was on Jarski's wing but he was diving down so fast that even thinking about following him would have been deadly. Instead I joined BK and Camo and scored some hits on one La5. Unfortunately no damaged as it seemed. Later I saw how Camo shot him and I got the assist. The enemies were escaping and after turning near their base waiting for a good chance we returned to base. Landing a plane in which you can't see where u land is the most difficult thing here.  

The third frame was a real pain. We had to talk much to each other to make sure that we don't kill each other. I fired only a few short bursts but no hits. I had some opportunities but identifying a black dot as enemy is impossible here. So I didn't fire. A good decision when I consider what happened here. But later all my mates were shot and I tried to reach a friendly base at low alt. Unfortunately the Las were too fast and got my radiator. They were too close, I had to evade and then one of them finnished me. I'm glad that I was prepared to bail all the time since I were very low. At least I didn't end up in a russian prisoner camp.

I look forward to the next time.

Well done gentlemen!

Ylik. Mika
Lentolaivue 34

[This message has been edited by Mika (edited 12-10-2000).]

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2000, 11:30:00 PM »
Thanks, LLv34!  It was a hard fight, but we knew we had to win after the terrible defeat you gave us in our first duel(I like to think of the first duel as 1941, and this duel as 1943).  This time we were prepared, with better training, and finally radios(RW)!

For me, the last duel was hardest, since I could not make out friend or foe very well, and after losing my leader(tried winging this time), it was just all dots.  It was while checking the skies for threats that a 109 snuck low on my 6 and sent my plane to the ground in flames(miraculously, while only 400m above water I was able to bale, and my chute partially opened, slowing me down enough to only sprain my ankle on hitting the water.  I swam to the shores of Kotka, waiting for dark.  Once the sun set, a small boat was secured, and I safely made it back to Lavansaari  ).

<S!> LLv34, our noble opponents!

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Wisk-=VF-101=-

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2000, 12:05:00 AM »
I took part in frames 1 and 3.

Frame 1:

Flew wing for lenya, engaged only in the end of the frame, getting an assist on Snefens.

Frame 3:

This time lenya was my wing, in one of the evasives I lost him. Actually it was very difficult to make out plane types even at close ranges. Pilots on both sides chased and fired at their own squaddies. Zoomed up right before VikS and BK went down. Saw a plane passing close below me, got on his tail, figured out it was a Me-109 and killed him staying on his 6 all the time (it was Mika).

[This message has been edited by Wisk-=VF-101=- (edited 12-11-2000).]

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2000, 08:35:00 AM »
I flew in frames 2 and 3.

In 2nd frame I mainly kept high and tried a few BnZ attacks without success. La-5s always  escaped lower with split-S. Towards the end I followed one La-5 chased by G-2. He made a loop and was on top of it just infront of me. Not too hard shot.

3rd frame was really intresting and intense with no icons at all. I followed Camo in the beginning while he made BnZ attacks. After he got shot down while extending from one attack I was alone and began hunting. I got one La-5 a bit later while Snef and Mika still kept together and stayed higher.

After Mika and Snef got separated it all got weird   At two points I was being chased high and I tried to do scissors. Nothing helped and called help. Then Snef came and chased the "con" away. After watching the film I saw that it had been Mika   All 3 of us were flying high in a row while all La-5s were at low. They also took some shots at each other. Mika chased me another time too, but I lost him from my six  

I saw three dots a bit above me and saw one trying to extend high and make loops and BnZ at another who was chasing it. Earlier La-5s had used Split-S to evade so I figured that G-2 was being chased. The chaser shot some bursts and I asked on RW if it was the enemy who had shot. Our RW connections were not the best and I thought I had got a positive answer. When they went past me I took a quick snapshot that I never thought could hit... but it did... I killed Snef who was chasing a La-5...  

Now we were 2 vs 3. I saw Mika chased by 2 planes and went after one. I never saw the 3rd that was also flying into same direction below me. I got to my victim's six and shot him down only to be shot down by the 3rd enemy immeditely after that. I bailed out right after my victim. A while later Mika was shot down and bailed.

Nice matches really   I have to take a load of responsibility for the loss of the last frame... never should have taken that snapshot.

------------------

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Gie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »
Hi
Took part in all 3 frames, did not as good as i wish...

Frame 1 - we scored 2 kills fast (i got Wmaker), somebody pinged me, my plane started smoking, but I found it was flap damage.
Wiks discoed  while had another 109 in his sight ... Camo crashed and we left 3 vs 1.
At this moment i did a mistake - not avoided HO shot, while had superior position... Engine oil was damaged.
Turned RTB, bud had to land in Finish island.

Frame 2 - 109's were using their hi alt performance and superior climb. We were circling low , waiting to suck their E and get a position.    
And it happened - 1 109 forced to dive for escape, he (it was Jarsci) dived into low cloud, I lost him and started to climb, while he lost his control due compression and crashed.
Then i was not carefull enough and let 109 jump and cut 1/2 of my wing and dmg engine...
Flew to shore and bailed...

Frame 3 - No icons.
Some as secon fight, 109's got alt on us, they were using B&Z.
Misrecognised Viks as bandit, chased him and got his Aileron. (my RW failed - i asked him who i heading S - no answer. I even Alt-TABed to desktop to check RW - it shows all of us connected... But I cannot hear others...)
I climbed and found 2 dots low . Dived and shot 109 (BlauK) , but it was too late - he just got Wiks. RTB'ed safely.

THK LLv for fun fight !

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2000, 09:16:00 AM »
Wisk? From Grim Reapers? Hello! Sorry I was impatient with you the other night when we were hitting the Rook HQ, you asked how to use bombsight 30 seconds before release, and I got alittle edgy with you since our flight time to target was 30 minutes,. hehe, <S> Wisk, you got a home if you need one with VMF-323.

Ripsnort (-Rip1-)
(Ex-VF-101 Grim Reaper--from Beta >> Jan.2000)

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 12-11-2000).]

Wisk-=VF-101=-

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
   Hi Rips,

Yep, I'm from the old WB VF-101. Joined AH about 3 weeks ago. I'll look for you guys in the arena, talk to you then.

Thank you,
Wisk

Offline Gie

• Zinc Member
Re: LLv34 vs 5 GIAP squadron duel results
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »
I have just found out that I was not so bad  AH pilot in my young years  :D

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 05:07:44 PM »
I have just found out that I was not so bad  AH pilot in my young years  :D

Holy Dutch Fudge Thread Res!  :O

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
has to be a record bump of some sort  :D

But I was just thinking about Squadron Dueling and how we can get more squadrons involved!   

Maybe the Finns can come out of retirement for some more adrenaline filled Matches    ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H