Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7308 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2008, 07:25:24 AM »
Still, trying to win the war is healthy fun; complaining and trying to gain the moral high-ground against those who do try to win the war, instead of stopping them, is laughable.
Even more laughable is coming to the bbs, joining a discussion, and calling the posters whining for stating their opinion.....pot....meet kettle! :aok

PS  SkyRock<-----owns Anaxogoras! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2008, 07:36:06 AM »
  Perhaps the furballers, that is, the stall-fighters, would complain just the same. :rolleyes:
Perhaps you just don't like people who can mop the floor with your skilless arse! :D

Also, you are missing the point of the "complaints". what I am seeing most in this thread, is the disdain for those who will not fight.  It is a known fact that most who would want to just fly with the horde and base grab, or fly with the horde and cherry pick, can't "fight" very well.  So, for those who want to fight, they are left with few options:  1. fight the horde-attempt to fight one of the hordeys and watch as they dive away from fighting you to run back to the other hordeys, 2. fight the horde- attempt to fight 2 of the hordeys and watch them both dive down the the other hordeys while one of them climbs back out 7k away to a substantial alt advantage,  or 3. fight the horde- engage the one con and watch as the other 15 hordeys auger and killshoot each other until one gets the kill(at which time he proudly proclaims on range.....the hog is dead!!!!!!!!) 

All of these options are based on the fact that one person is willing to put himself at a disadvantage for the fight, while the others are doing everything they can to avoid actually"fighting" altogether!   :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2008, 07:54:17 AM »
Crockett..... that's what I said, too! ;)

Man you want to know the best part.. I'm to the point I can't stand the MA anymore. It's very rare you can find a sustained fight that isn't full of gang tards from one side or the other. I really hate furballs anyway, because I want to have a real fight not some 1 pass easy kill crap that you tend to find in the furballs. So I tend to skirt the edges of the fight in most cases, or fly solo to another base and stir up a fight.

So last night I decide to go to the DA.. I figure it's better to get ganged after only a 2 min flight rather than 15 mins. So my first sortie I end up in front of one of the other team's bases. Killed several of them and tell them on the "all" channel that I'm bingo ammo going to RTB (had 13 rounds left).

So I start RTB and no crap there was a line of 6 cons all from the same side that tried to chase me down for a easy no skill kill. They chased me 3/4 of the way to my base and didn't turn off until they ran into 2 guys on my country. So 5 of the 6 went on to gangbang those two guys yet one noob in a Niki follows me all the way to my base and tries to pick me landing.

Well he doesn't get me and I land. When I reup the moron tries to vulch me on the runway in the DA.. He sucked so bad he couldn't even kill me with a vulch while I was sitting dead still on the runway.

I mean this is the kind of people that play this game these days.. Now after that of couse there were the typical picktards and gangtards but I did have a "few" good fights. So in short it's not the game that annoys me, I like the game it's one of my all time favorites. What sucks is 80 to 90% of the player base... to put it short and sweet.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 07:56:45 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2008, 09:27:26 AM »
Perhaps you just don't like people who can mop the floor with your skilless arse! :D

Also, you are missing the point of the "complaints". what I am seeing most in this thread, is the disdain for those who will not fight.  It is a known fact that most who would want to just fly with the horde and base grab, or fly with the horde and cherry pick, can't "fight" very well.  So, for those who want to fight, they are left with few options:  1. fight the horde-attempt to fight one of the hordeys and watch as they dive away from fighting you to run back to the other hordeys, 2. fight the horde- attempt to fight 2 of the hordeys and watch them both dive down the the other hordeys while one of them climbs back out 7k away to a substantial alt advantage,  or 3. fight the horde- engage the one con and watch as the other 15 hordeys auger and killshoot each other until one gets the kill(at which time he proudly proclaims on range.....the hog is dead!!!!!!!!) 

All of these options are based on the fact that one person is willing to put himself at a disadvantage for the fight, while the others are doing everything they can to avoid actually"fighting" altogether!   :rolleyes:

That about sums up my frustration with the game lately.  With only those options it becomes less and less fun, and I don't sit around playing this game for "not" fun if you get my drift.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2008, 09:49:30 AM »
Even more laughable is coming to the bbs, joining a discussion, and calling the posters whining for stating their opinion.....pot....meet kettle! :aok

PS  SkyRock<-----owns Anaxogoras! :aok

:rofl :rofl :rofl

We have to have a starting point where the criticism of one person's whining is not necessarily a kind of whining itself. :rock
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2008, 10:22:41 AM »
You pretty much said it all and I agree with it, except the DA isn't that great of  place to find a fight. Unless you get someone to 1 on 1 with you. The furball lake is worse than the MA's with noobs and gang tards. 
If you DON'T fly Rooks, who usually have 1/3 more numbers and actual squads operating in concert--usually 12k+ in perk rides (while most everyone else is just furballing)  , it CAN be fun--nothing more fun than turning tables on 2-3 punks in high-alt perk rides trying to pick you. And if ya die, takes about 45 seconds to be ready agin!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2008, 10:24:33 AM »
There is no way to fly where you positively can't loose, that is a paper tiger. .......
I give you exhibit A: Hwick :D

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2008, 10:30:32 AM »
You want to know what pisses off furballers? The situation tonight in the MA. In LWORANGE the Bish were outnumbered a bit, but not by a lot, something like bish:100 knit:120 rook:130. Very workable odds... until the score-potatos and gang-bangers get a hold of the situation. I made 1 film just to check the numbers and there were no less than 40 rooks attacking 1 single base (that were in range of my film).

I took some screen shots of the clipboard map, then in paintshop highlighted the areas of engagement based on the radar BAR.

(Image removed from quote.)

now with the icons enabled I overlayed the same circles:

(Image removed from quote.)

I've made this same observation more then a few times---quite often the MA is 3 Borg cubes trying to assimilate tool sheds, while completely trying to avoid anything that resembles an enemy pilot

Notice that there is almost no fight except on the outnumbered country. This is not a bish, knit, or rook thing, it is a hoard thing.

(HTC BTW I wish you'd allow the GUI to allow the changing of size for the font for base ID's and maybe even the base icon size)

I was already choosing to fly for the "little guy" hoping for fights and possibly some more "action", I sure got it.

So in that situation overwhelmingly out numbered (and I am a suck pilot) I can either: A log off. B: change arenas to the same map and country position in LWBLUE. C: change sides to the "horde" and help gang-bang the bishops getting cheap boring kills on guys that can't even get in the air.

You guys that want to "win the war" keep fudging it up for people looking for some air to air combat fun, next thing you know all you'll have is nothing to fight. You also forget the second you "win the war" the countdown for the arena reset is on for a fresh new war. Yeah you win, now you have to start all over again. Oh yeah, you do get 25 fighter perks closer to being able to auger another jet, so you can try and win more "wars" so maybe one day you can fly that jet into the ground again.

<EDIT> BTW in case you were wondering my choice... A log off and say to hell with wasting my time. this is a game, games are meant to be fun.

---that DA lake looks quite appealing compared to this--at which point I either log, or go to lake and have mind-numbing fun :aok

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »
2sBlind

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »
Man you want to know the best part.. I'm to the point I can't stand the MA anymore. It's very rare you can find a sustained fight that isn't full of gang tards from one side or the other.

agreed...it makes one wonder though.......was the guy fighting you calling for help, or did the horde just see a quick easy kill? personally, if i see a few friendlies working over a single bogie.......i keep going..why wast my alt, ammo and fuel when it's not gonna be a good fight anyway?

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
I give you exhibit A: Hwick :D
That dude is an example of someone who will not fight.  He logs on many hours and only.......ONLY..cherry picks.  I've seen him take off running and not stop for 2 sectors.  Flies a dora and avoids fighting at all cost.  Pathetic way to play a dogfighting game IMHO. :rolleyes:

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
I don't see a valid reason to cry when you die or get pick etc. It's a war game, the objective is to kill and take base ! Most BnZmer, picker w/e you wanna call it are offensive fighters. Meaning they are usually attacking over enemy air field, with a limited number of friendly replacement over enemy air space. Where the defensive fighters (usually tnb) got unlimited plane to replace their downed plane over that air space.
If you're air field is being capped, take off at another air field, force the enemy to fight the way you want them to rather then fight the way they want you to. Fly with a wingman, it's a lot more fun. So many people cry on 200 channel when they get drag n bag by a pair of fighters, but hey wake up don't fall for the trap they set simple. If you see the 1st BnZ going straight up don't follow because the second one is waiting to clear his six.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
Most BnZmer, picker w/e you wanna call it are offensive fighters.

:rofl

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »
Yes, I agree that winning the war is incompatible with fair, 1vs1 fights.  If HT actually said that the capture system is supposed to facilitate these kind of fights, then I am speechless. :eek:  Can you quote HT on this?

If I wanted to facilitate 1vs1 fights, then I wouldn't build squads into the game architecture; that's step 1. :noid

Yes, we can actually quote HT on this. So many players don't understand the reasoning behind this game that I am glad to help out when such questions arise.

The capture system IS suppopsed to facilitate combat. That's its purpose.

In the General Discussion Forum, Thread "The Flawed Updated AH", November 28, 2006, 12:21:10 PM, Post #26, HiTech replied to a poster that posted this:

Some play the game to fulfill the actual parameters that it was designed for, which is to overcome and conquer bases, and eventually the country, thus winning the war/game.

HiTech's reply was:

This is a false assumption.

The game was designed to have fun at different types of combat. Conquering bases is just a means to promote combat and hence fun. But by no means is it more or less justified than going out and just mixing it up.

HiTech

I'm glad to be of help to you; no need to thank me. Now go have fun. ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
So it seems that HT intended field capture to promote combat in whichever forms field capture might require.  That seems very reasonable, but I think we all agree that it's not the same thing as trying to promote fights where two men duel it out, wave their wings one when gets a smoking engine, and rtb for a night of love with beautiful women. :P
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!