Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7297 times)

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2008, 07:44:08 PM »
The reason why I like BnZ is I usually am over enemy air space, next to their air field. I am usually outnumbered by some factor. I don't BnZ on defensive mission like scramble to defend my air field. I'd be upping a 109F and tnb for that task. BnZ allow me to get away when I need to and enter the fight whenever I want.
Usually I'd be looking at 6 vs 2 or so (usually have a wingman) and we just work on them w/ drag and bag tactic etc. One of us would dive in get a shot, and climb back up, while the other circling 2-3k above the fight and make sure no one is following up. If someone is following me up, he'll dive in and clear it.
Most people would do the same. If you're leading the offensive on an air field, and it just you and your wingman against the armada. Your best option would be BnZ, because TnB would get you raped. I believe in vulching ! If I am providing CAP over an air field while our bombers are working on the town and such I will vulch everything that's upping. It's a fair game, I won't give them a chance to get air borne.

you also like to fly the other way when your fellow knights are getting gangbanged, and you claim you are extending :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »
What do you really expect?

If you're so worried about living, why do you fly directly over to an enemies air base with one or two other people, where you know you're going to be outnumbered anyways?

This is nothing against you, just purely a question that I want to know the answer to.

Would you rather have a fight, or take a base?  Just wondering.

donkey

Flying into a big group of enemy and make it out alive is part of the game that I like.

If you're so worried about living, why do you fly directly over to an enemies air base with one or two other people, where you know you're going to be outnumbered anyways?

This is nothing against you, just purely a question that I want to know the answer to.

donkey

It's like a fishing game, if an enemy fighter bite on for the rope, or have a target fixation problem on one of the wingman the other will clear him. To me it turns into group E fight. I mean we don't fly super high like rook!. My wingman and I usually fly around 10-12k (usually we try to get 3k higher then our enemy). Higher then that waste too much times. Occasionally, I have to fly really high to fight the rook.

donkey
To me fighting and taking bases fall the same category. High alt CAP and on the deck CAP over and air field basically have the same threat. Such as vulching, one gotta go through tons of AAAs to get it done. With the new Flak I usually just wait until the enemy leave AAAs cover before I engage. When I do high alt cap, and someone higher coming in, I would run and drag that person away form the rest of his team mate. From there on me and my wingman work on him.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2008, 07:59:27 PM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:02:11 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2008, 08:01:57 PM »
It's not about the type of flying, fly how you want. I don't know why you guys don't understand this. You don't have to TnB or bnZ or what ever, do whjat you want. It's about the very aditude that you posted that kills this game. "You find the enemy and you kill it, everything else is rubbish"

That right there is the problem. It's about the fact you can't ever get a fight going with another plane, without someone with your aditude of "see a red guy gotta kill it" coming in and stealing the kill or picking you. If you see two guys fighting it out leave them alone. Let them get their $15 dollars worth and don't be a so selfish.

If the guy asks for help by all means give him a hand, otherwise let him have his fight because he found it first. If you are in the middle of a furball then by all means it's open season but yea still don't need 5 cons on 1 guy. It's just retared, so if you see 2 guys on a con go find another fight. It's that simple.

I will say I was totally amazed just a little while ago in the DA. I was in a P40 fighting a Huri 2 in a real tough fight. I was next to the enemy base and there must have been 10 cons that took off. One or two made a pass on me and one augered. However the rest stayed out and let us have our fight. I was totally amazed but I died anyway..  :cry One wrong turn is all it takes when fight a huri 2 lol.

I usually ask before I wonder into someone's 1 vs 1, there are very few occasion where I don't. One occasion was an F4U fightin vs 2 knights, I just fly by like it's nothing. The F4U shot down 1 of the knight, so that knight said oh that's skyrock, as soon as I saw that I did a split-S diving down doing 570 knts sniping skyrock =). However, instances like that are rare. I usually ask before I wander into someone's 1 vs 1. In furballs however, I'm doing whatever I think is right at the time.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
you also like to fly the other way when your fellow knights are getting gangbanged, and you claim you are extending :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

=O I was running away from 2 typhie and a spitfire and a 51 because i was on bingo and u decided to jump in w/o letting me know=/ but nway i did came back and got shot down tryin to get you out !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »
Not everyone want to tnb moot, i'm sure people like it and are good at it. However, there are many others out there that don't like it, such as myself. You find the enemy and you kill it, everything else is rubbish =), but remember you gotta make it back home too. I enjoy blowin people up and such, but It's much more pleasureful for me to land bring my plane back home, even if it's only 1 kill. It just how you play, so please DON'T try to enforce your view point on other players. Everyone pays 15$ to fly the way they want.
No.. I bnz at least as much as you do, maybe more.  I'm saying it's a loss for the game's quality of dogfights when hordes gangpile on one or two measly cons who more likely than not are having a good even fight.  Those two little cons are no tactical or strategic risks, and yet people refuse to let them have fun.
I'm saying that squaddie of yours, for example, who ran for whole sectors rather than fight 1:1, straight to 2 or 3 of his friends, that sorta stuff is pathetic and exactly what kills gameplay for AH.
Too few players actualy understand what players like Guppy mean when they say that the fight is the whole point of the game.  Running to make a 1:1 a 3: or 4:1 isn't "smart".  Calling it out for the pathetic choice it is, isn't "whining".

but remember you gotta make it back home too. [...] please DON'T try to enforce your view point on other players.
Everyone pays 15$ to fly how they want, a principle which would mean 1:1s would be left to go on as long as they wanted, rather than send those people to the tower for no good reason other than a very shallow understanding of "You find the enemy and you kill it, everything else is rubbish".  Sending that guy trying to have his 15$'s worth at no tactical expense of yours whatsoever isn't "not try[ing] to enforce your view point on other players."

Murdr and a few others have said what I mean a bit better.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:36:15 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2008, 08:34:31 PM »
Oh yeah, Anaxogoras, do you even have a CLUE why "sheep" are mentioned in AH? If not trying to "look" like a vet just makes you look more stupid and new.

I think you're just envious of my avatar, especially because I know better that sheep in HT flight sims did not start with AH. :rofl

Seriously, I haven't been treated by anyone so rudely as you in this bbs.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:09 PM »
=O I was running away from 2 typhie and a spitfire and a 51 because i was on bingo and u decided to jump in w/o letting me know=/ but nway i did came back and got shot down tryin to get you out !

you aint never helped out, nor will i ever need your kinda help.

you just keep on runnin away like your doin everytime i see.
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »
No.. I bnz at least as much as you do, maybe more.  I'm saying it's a loss for the game's quality of dogfights when hordes gangpile on one or two measly cons who more likely than not are having a good even fight.  Those two little cons are no tactical or strategic risks, and yet people refuse to let them have fun.
I'm saying that squaddie of yours, for example, who ran for whole sectors rather than fight 1:1, straight to 2 or 3 of his friends, that sorta stuff is pathetic and exactly what kills gameplay for AH.
Too few players actualy understand what players like Guppy mean when they say that the fight is the whole point of the game.  Running to make a 1:1 a 3: or 4:1 isn't "smart".
Everyone pays 15$ to fly how they want, a principle which would mean 1:1 would be left to go on as long as they wanted, rather than send those people to the tower for no good reason other than a very shallow understanding of "You find the enemy and you kill it, everything else is rubbish".  Sending that guy trying to have his 15$'s worth isn't not "try[ing] to enforce your view point on other players."

Maybe he tried to bank his kills who knows, I've been vulched a few times on the runway about to end sorty.

"but remember you gotta make it back home too. [...] please DON'T try to enforce your view point on other players.
Everyone pays 15$ to fly how they want, a principle which would mean 1:1 would be left to go on as long as they wanted, rather than send those people to the tower for no good reason other than a very shallow understanding of "You find the enemy and you kill it, everything else is rubbish".  Sending that guy trying to have his 15$'s worth isn't not "try[ing] to enforce your view point on other players.""

I usually leave 1:1 alone, unless that friendly request for help. There have been plenty of time where someone under my plane called for help and i come screamin down forcing the bandit to break.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
you aint never helped out, nor will i ever need your kinda help.

Point taken =) don't worry I won't waste my E on ya anymore.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »
Btw, once these threads degrade into making personal insults, we bring discredit upon the entire community.

I'm out. :salute
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »
skyrock =)
Yenny, what if everyone in the game flew like you, it would take hours before a kill was recorded.  So, you always try to be above your opponent and in a pack, so what if everyone played that way?  It would be the most boring game ever.  I don't mind getting into a bad situation, I don't mind a couple of bnz picktardes, but it has evolved into the entire arena flying around running from fight til the guy is already fighting or only attack when he just taking off from field.  It is mostly ponies and doras that do this and its about all Ive seen lately. It is a sad turn for the game.  Even spits and zekes are starting to do it.  geesh, its not "real" deaths.  I mean if to make it back "alive" to land means that you had to fly like a coward pantytard, why place value on it.  On the other hand, learning how to fight would drastically cut down on this practice!  After learning how to fight, you would notice that you don't need to be 3k above every attack, or that you don't have to have 200mph on the guy before you attack.  The use of acm's would make it more enjoyable for the attacker and the attackee!  at least it would happen alot quicker, rather than wasting peoples time for the sake that someones to scared to take a chance!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2008, 08:42:06 PM »
Btw, once these threads degrade into making personal insults,
pot meet kettle!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #178 on: April 13, 2008, 08:42:39 PM »
Maybe he tried to bank his kills who knows, I've been vulched a few times on the runway about to end sorty.
Nah, it happened at least 3-4 times in one or two days.  Same running, same guys coming over to allow him to bnz 3:1 rather than fight 1:1, same retarded excuse that it was stupid of me to run into a "trap".  Wow, he was running to his friends, I never knew that!

I usually leave 1:1 alone, unless that friendly request for help. There have been plenty of time where someone under my plane called for help and i come screamin down forcing the bandit to break.
I do that too, but that's not the topic..

it has evolved into the entire arena flying around running from fight til the guy is already fighting or only attack when he just taking off from field.
  And that's fine, if it's a scenario.. But in the MA it's absurd.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2008, 08:58:12 PM »
Yenny, what if everyone in the game flew like you, it would take hours before a kill was recorded.  So, you always try to be above your opponent and in a pack, so what if everyone played that way?  It would be the most boring game ever.  I don't mind getting into a bad situation, I don't mind a couple of bnz picktardes, but it has evolved into the entire arena flying around running from fight til the guy is already fighting or only attack when he just taking off from field.  It is mostly ponies and doras that do this and its about all Ive seen lately. It is a sad turn for the game.  Even spits and zekes are starting to do it.  geesh, its not "real" deaths.  I mean if to make it back "alive" to land means that you had to fly like a coward pantytard, why place value on it.  On the other hand, learning how to fight would drastically cut down on this practice!  After learning how to fight, you would notice that you don't need to be 3k above every attack, or that you don't have to have 200mph on the guy before you attack.  The use of acm's would make it more enjoyable for the attacker and the attackee!  at least it would happen alot quicker, rather than wasting peoples time for the sake that someones to scared to take a chance!

Skyrock, you were talking down to me and my wingman when we were capping your air field earlier today. We did a successful job at it, til we were low on ammo and fuel. We had 2 D9 and 1 A8. We were not alt monkey or such, we were proximately 3-4k above your air field.We deacked the field and vulched everything that was coming up to prevent the intercepting our bombers. Did you think about those fact before talking smack? By the 5th time you came up after we vulched you a few time, we were on bingo fuel way below our plan to stay. We only stay a lil bit longer to wait for our other fighters to arrive. By then we had lil fuel no ammo, so it was our call to book it. Of course you upping LA7 and out to get us, which is understandable, and I give you respect when we went HO both didn't fire. Not everyone run because they fly BnZ plane, a lot of it due to the fuel restriction of the plane. D9 had about 45 min fuel max, and we were over your base for 30 minutes plus. I know my ACM, and I also know the limitation of my D9 or at least I think I know. If you claim you can outturn a La7 while flying a D9 please show me sir, because I have yet to done that in all my time logged in the D9 zigzaggin through the furball, where i was forced to TnB in it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:01:20 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96