Author Topic: Warping drones..  (Read 949 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Warping drones..
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:29:53 PM »
need fixing.  It is terribly infair to the attacker that the bomber u just killed disappears and the drone jumps into his place causing u to collide as you pass though. :furious

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
Re: Warping drones..
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 08:32:59 PM »
Dont shoot the lead bomber.

But yeah,  yer right.

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:38:40 PM »
X2.  It also xux to have a buff squarely in the gunsight, just about to let go a burst and it vanishes, reappearing next to the lead plane that is turning. :confused:
"Rotorhed"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »
Actually there are three different kind of buff warps wich can cause trouble:

- Drone jump after you kill lead buff. Annoying, yet can be avoided most of the time by shooting drones first.

- Drone jump when lead does some very hard&crazy turns. Sometimes used as a very gamey kind of defense. Turn so hard and erratic that your drones hop all over the sky hoping they will collide with your enemy. (The zig-zagging vertical warps of the drones when lead plummets to earth is of the same kind)

- The periodic formation jump. Comes in two versions: A) Caterpillar Jump - every few seconds, the 2 drones fall behind then suddenly catch up by mini-warp. Or B): The whole formation will jump along it's course in periodic intervals. Very hard to attack and quite dangerous to engage at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »
Actually there are three different kind of buff warps wich can cause trouble:

- Drone jump after you kill lead buff. Annoying, yet can be avoided most of the time by shooting drones first.

I shouldn't have to pick the drone first, if I make a correct AoA and blast the lead going in between the debris/explosion and the drone, I should not be penalized.  The problem is not having adelay on the drone warping to take over the lead.  It should be just as the drone had to fly to the spot, not just magically appear there.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »
Maybe they could make the drones fly level while the player takes his time to ride it down (for whatever reason).
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:53:35 PM »
I shouldn't have to pick the drone first, if I make a correct AoA and blast the lead going in between the debris/explosion and the drone, I should not be penalized. 

Of course you shouldn't. The "shoot drone 1st" is just a workaround for this problem, not the solution.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 09:10:27 PM »
I do have a question if this is just a game bug, and people exploit it. When I fly attack a formation of bombers, sometime I run into pilots that would wait until i get into firing range, then switch the plane they are flying. When they do that it shift the formation back and foward. Is that working as intended or is it a bug?
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »
How do you know that's what they're doing, and that it's the cause for the warp?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »
it looks like that what he did because the formation change. I'm not sure if that's warp or not though. The formation kinda just reform instantly.
Example, I'm on the 1st bomber, the right one. When he change the plane he's in it it made the bomber i was on disappeared and  the entire formation shifted 1 to my left.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 09:29:01 PM »
it looks like that what he did because the formation change. I'm not sure if that's warp or not though. The formation kinda just reform instantly.
Example, I'm on the 1st bomber, the right one. When he change the plane he's in it it made the bomber i was on disappeared and  the entire formation shifted 1 to my left.

In other words, you don't know if someone jumped from plane to plane.. you were just guessing.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 09:40:31 PM »
Yes, in another word I am guessing that's what he did. I though it was weird because it was fine when I line him up and closing in. It seem fine until I got to 400 and started firing, then the shifting happen. When I pull back up to go back in for another pass, looking down it was fine, the 3 plane was just flying straight and level with no shifting. On the second dive as I open fire, the shiftin happen again, this time I pulled off and gave up.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 09:46:54 PM »
It sounds more like the usual small warps planes do, sometimes very untimely as you're describing.  Add drones and it looks a little different.  I'm pretty sure I know first-hand what you're talking about..  I don't have nearly enough samples to do more than guess, but sometimes it's like they warp more while you're lining up and/or about to pull the trigger, than any other time.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »
Skyrock and I agree on this one.  Maybe that will cause him to change his mind. :lol

The warping is awful, and worse still is that the bombers blow up if they get too far away from the piloted aircraft.  Why?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 11:54:20 PM »
Probably because it's awful.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you