Author Topic: Warping drones..  (Read 954 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Warping drones..
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 12:29:10 AM »
There are numerous exploits with bomber formations. The warp on demand bit that Yenny mentions is one of them, but discussing that particular situation further would only cause more instances of same.

Formations are poop.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:32:37 AM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 12:37:11 AM »
2sBlind

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 12:42:02 AM »
 Ive never been killed by a buff reforming to the middle.I attack from a little back.Course I die alot. :huh
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 06:05:13 AM »
scenario Im talking about was last night, in a 262 I hovered out in front and abovesome bombers.  When they got under me, I nosed down on lead bomber and blasted him and should have flown on inbetween the remaining drones.  But because I hit his cockpit with a tater, he went boom and immediately a drone took his place causing me to collide. :(

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 07:05:22 AM »
scenario Im talking about was last night, in a 262 I hovered out in front and abovesome bombers.  When they got under me, I nosed down on lead bomber and blasted him and should have flown on inbetween the remaining drones.  But because I hit his cockpit with a tater, he went boom and immediately a drone took his place causing me to collide. :(
So what your saying is DRONES OWN SKYROCK  :devil

Just kidding that is not right.

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16:27 AM »
Agree with Skyrock on this.  The jumping around formations after the lead gets killed is total crap.  Combine that with the weird jumping around stuff by the drones when the lead is maneuvering hard or has lost a wing/tail and is going down...it is very frustrating.  Been killed several times by the DRONE DANCE.

As hub said, "formations are poop"
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 07:25:17 AM »
The thing that annoys me most about bombers is if you kill the lead the drones trip out into the twlight zone then  they jump back up 6000 or whatever altitude they feel like when he/she dies.

Simple solution is shoot the right drone 1st , then the left then the lead.  I think even you can manage that skyrock  ;)

The Few ***
F.P.H