Author Topic: Please confirm med league start time  (Read 571 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Please confirm med league start time
« on: October 20, 2000, 10:45:00 PM »
So far I've had 3 emails all with different start times or different....er.....differenc es between EST and GMT.  And what's this CDT time zone I saw on one of the web pages?  There also seems to be an hour difference (EST) between the posted start times on Busc's site and Camo's site.

Please, someone just tell me what the time will be in Europe for this (GMT +1).

AAAAAARRRGHHH

Swoop

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2000, 11:15:00 PM »
Pssst... swoop.  Until Oct. 29, the UK is GMT +1, Western Europe is GMT +2

(whip, smack)
Timecop

PS: Zig's message uses EST, which , in all fairness, just about nobody in the world outside of the AH community will use until Oct. 29th.  And he's right, EST = CDT
CDT = central time until Oct. 29th (when it becomes CST).
So, saturday is 8pm in the UK and 9pm in western europe.  10 pm in Athens, Nicosia, Istanbul (unless yer in the previous two locales, in which case it's Constantinople), Tel Aviv.  I think it's 11pm in Damascus, but they have a weird adoptation of DST, and in any case, they just don't let every Shiite in Hama hook up to AH, so I guess it doesn't matter.

errr...
Wait.  I meant to say, "The glorious president of Syria, just as his father did, watches benevolently over his population."

Dinger
(Clasped hands and roses in the windowsill, thank you very much).

[This message has been edited by Dinger (edited 10-20-2000).]

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2000, 11:25:00 PM »
Oh yeah, that to....

Swoop

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2000, 06:57:00 AM »
I find this site much easier to give an overview than the one given in the e-mail http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Like Dinger points out. GMT NOT the same as UK-time (until 29th OCT)
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2000, 11:13:00 AM »
I'm totally confused, thank God I've got something to do today and thus wouldn't be able to make it no matter what.

Now, the military and anyone else who wants to know accurate time uses GMT.  Why can't we then everybody only has to know their relationship to GMT at any time?  Naw, that wouldn't work!  You only need one CM not to know what he's doing to mess up everybody equally, oh well.
Beeg