Author Topic: operation sealion  (Read 950 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
operation sealion
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
has been a succes even in the death throes of the battle of france....cough sorry battle of britain. many were involved in the lengthy base capture and now i urge the axis to decimate the allied evil empire and eat the heart of england dry.

Grump was awarded the DFC for his 2 hour commando c47 mission.

barbossa was pohoumously award the VC for shooting down oaktree single handed vs a large number of p51s.

now is the time axis, 24 hours a day or bust.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline araiguma

• Zinc Member
Re: operation sealion
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:38:51 PM »
Perhaps Oberst barbossa would prefer a Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes mit Eichenlaub rather then landing his fighter at Buckingham Palace to recieve the VC  :O

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »
Who is this "Barbossa" you speak of? :huh

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 01:05:52 AM »
we had no medals left after the allies swept through france. luckily royal family turned out to be 95% german anyhow so they were happy to defer. *phew*

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 01:17:32 AM »
Is this a test?  :huh

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »
I would hope so arlo.  Allies get that field porked pronto!!! 

If my squad doesnt take it back before i get off work I'll have to do it myself.   :aok

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 01:51:03 AM »
has been a succes even in the death throes of the battle of france....cough sorry battle of britain. many were involved in the lengthy base capture and now i urge the axis to decimate the allied evil empire and eat the heart of england dry.

Grump was awarded the DFC for his 2 hour commando c47 mission.

barbossa was pohoumously award the VC for shooting down oaktree single handed vs a large number of p51s.

now is the time axis, 24 hours a day or bust.

You call that a proaganda? :huh
How pathetic.

I spit on you axis pigs.  Worthless, no good, bunch.  Who cares who shot me down.  Come and get me you pigs.  I dare you.  Try to stop me from leading the allies to victory.  Run to your acks and and towers. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 02:07:13 AM »
Is this a test?  :huh

no, after 2 hours of fighting we liberated a base on the south coast of england.  V112
I stayed till just now defending on my own sometimes up to 6-7 people all trying to get it back.

Oaktree, this 'war' is pathetic. I would defend on my own vs 5 guys on one field and win, then you would go to another part of the map and try to take undefended bases. so i move south again to defend. geuss what happens? yup you go back north. in the end when its just three of you running endless goons and spitfires in the vbase it was pathetic how badly you wanted to win the map not have dogfights. you sir are a complete joke and your gameplay is disgusting. spit on me again and i will eat your heart with a spoon.

I finished the night by repeatedly destroying Malan in his 8,000ft spitV in my 1,000ft 109G6 and each itime i would patiently wait at 1k not vulching him waiting for him to get the 8k back so he could attack.
 after a number of very boring fights i gave him a free tip in a private message about slowing down to get a longer shot.  he didnt reply. i fought him again from huge disadvantage and went really easy on him. he shot me down and i appluaded. still no reply. i roll again and he comes in and vulches me. unbelievable lameness, a disgrace of a spitfire pilot.
i roll out again on to the tarmac and stopped and PM 'ok i will just sit here to make it easier for you' he circles twice then shoots me. i repeat 3 times and he augers the third and logs off. i call him names a bit but its too late. too late for AvA now.

sigh. waste of time. It was alot of fun destroying your airforce so much. i think some of the guys with me got upwards of 30 kills in the 2 hours before they logged off. i most enjoyed getting 11 kills in 5 mins in my me110

its fun to kill you for a while but really your gameplay is a farce.

regards
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 02:12:16 AM by mechanic »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 02:24:17 AM »
Check your PM's

bat 

Malan wouldnt know how to PM you back he has only been playing about a week.....
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 02:38:46 AM »
Mmmmmmok. Erm. Yeah. Probably a bit more alternate reality than this onliner appreciates. No bother, though. I'll pretend it's ... well ... really what it is. Carry on.  :salute :D

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 03:15:27 AM »
ok bruv, i respect your word on things. my appologies. i tried to help him out and was  taken for a ride, maybe i approached the situation wrong. and i know that if The Few are playing they will capture bases through the enemy, not around them. your boys have the skill to fly fighters as fighters.

edit:
Mmmmmmok. Erm. Yeah. Probably a bit more alternate reality than this onliner appreciates. No bother, though. I'll pretend it's ... well ... really what it is. Carry on.  :salute :D

how about an alternate reality where the 'battle of britain' at the start of the war was fought from one single axis airfield against the whole of northern europe infested with pork and auger hordes and C47s that drop troops then bail and repeat for hours.

people are claiming 'This is how a war is fought! we dont fight to die, we fight to gain land, complete the mission yadda yadda'

the farce is that if this was a real war there would be NO undefended bases.

these hordes would be forced to oppose an enemy in there assigned sector and judging by the current lack of skill and the distinct lack of anyone trying to improve their flying they would have been slaughtered in their droves and the war over before christmas.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:23:38 AM by mechanic »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 03:29:34 AM »
The 1st week of the bofb map was great fun with the early war stuff.

Axis did get the South eastern corner of england and they were putting up a fight.  (34-0) in a spit 1  :t 7 kill runs etc.  Now what you experienced this morning bat was reversed.  I had Germans half a sector away trying to pile onto our field 6 vs 1 at times.  ##

Killed them left and right.  The way its panned out, whoever has the numbers attacks and whoever hasnt defends in fighters racking up the kills.  Lately after we pushed through the bridgehead Axis would come in try and defend, we killed them good and they left after putting up a weak defence.   If they did have more pilots like yourself they wouldnt have lost so many fields.  It boils down to having a lack of skilled fighter pilots and much capture the flag when people dont defend.

I don't like to imply we did all the work, the Allies have captured stuff when we havent been around but we have taken most of the difficult bases when there has been opposition. 

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 03:50:11 AM »
well tonight was not so bruv, i fear the US evenight time is much different.

tonight there was 2-1 odds in favour of the allies and they refused to fly anywhere but there own ack or all together to a dead field.  so with 3 guys we made the attack on england. some randoms upped to deffend and we had great fights for a while. Oaktree made one fighter sweep of 8 p51s to try and defend and got anihilated by cbizkit and barbossa, then gave up leaving us to the furball with the randoms numbers about even 5 on 5, if you include our goons parked patiently waiting for the green light.
 when the fighters logged off with S! all round it went dead and we captured it. all that time Oaktree and his gang were trying to take a vbase in france still. they made a half hearted attempt at attacking V112 and got sent home by the last allies remaining. shamus, fork, duke and a couple more of us. after that attack they went back to the south and everyone but me logged off. so now 4 on 1 oaktree orders them to attack 112 again and fails terribly. i killed about 8 goons 5 spitfires 2 M3s and 70 troops. one more axis logs on. they go south again. i fight malan then log.

during the whole night the entire 'Oaktree collective' captured one base in france with at times 15 people.

the axis captured 1 field in 2 hours using 3 fighters and 4 goons having to fly 75+ miles every sortie untill the beach head was made. the entire time the south coast was patroled by spitfires and hurricanes.
 I am usualy the first to stand up for gameplay and letting people fly how they want but this really is as bad as everyone else is saying.

dont be over modest Bruv, The Few are the only people taking bases in there.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:51:42 AM by mechanic »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 03:57:06 AM »
I think they are a little worked up over the last 2 wars apparantly they got beat up pretty bad and this is like some sort of revenge trip.

:noid
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 03:58:52 AM »
how about an alternate reality where the 'battle of britain' at the start of the war was fought from one single axis airfield against the whole of northern europe infested with pork and auger hordes and C47s that drop troops then bail and repeat for hours.

people are claiming 'This is how a war is fought! we dont fight to die, we fight to gain land, complete the mission yadda yadda'

the farce is that if this was a real war there would be NO undefended bases.

these hordes would be forced to oppose an enemy in there assigned sector and judging by the current lack of skill and the distinct lack of anyone trying to improve their flying they would have been slaughtered in their droves and the war over before christmas.

Ok now. Erm. Is there something I can get you? :) (backs away slowly ... making no sudden movements)