Author Topic: AAR frame 1  (Read 438 times)

Offline WarChild

• Zinc Member
AAR frame 1
« on: October 22, 2000, 08:14:00 AM »
I was 109 flight under Cobras lead (pongo MIA)?

I shot 2 spits to pieces and got a kill message when the spit CO tried to land his decrepid plane!!! LOL i killed a CO

30 mins later trying to hold off swarms of spits and p38's while my 3 remaining wingman regained alt from reload, i pulled a inverse immelean that never quite flattened out...

i forgot about the 109 low compression speed, and tried to save the airframe and ended up killing myself as a beautiful lawn dart

thats that, the only good fite was the spit 109 engagement at 27k

7-10 min running battle where neither side scored 1 kill

we got a  disco early, but for a good 7 mins it was a turn burn boom and zoom try to get guns on badies

only when the tiffies came in at 25k+ did we begin our disengagement... and thats where we lost 1 109 spyder i belive

i still can't belive the 109 and spits were so evenly matched.... good pilots in that spit squad.. all had exceptional SA.. i was d500 on the 6 of more than i want to count and they all got away... cept of course that CO who lost his tail gear to my 20mm  

i

------------------
WarChild
VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~
"Where's the Charmin!"

busc

AAR frame 1
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2000, 09:09:00 AM »
wtg  

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
AAR frame 1
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2000, 11:45:00 AM »

Originally posted by WarChild:

thats that, the only good fite was the spit 109 engagement at 27k.

(Rgr that)!

7-10 min running battle where neither side scored 1 kill

we got a  disco early, but for a good 7 mins it was a turn burn boom and zoom try to get guns on badies.

(had sweaty palms and the shakes)  (Image removed from quote.)

only when the tiffies came in at 25k+ did we begin our disengagement... and thats where we lost 1 109 spyder i belive

(I got lucky)  (Image removed from quote.)

i still can't belive the 109 and spits were so evenly matched.... good pilots in that spit squad.. all had exceptional SA.. i was d500 on the 6 of more than i want to count and they all got away... cept of course that CO who lost his tail gear to my 20mm   (Image removed from quote.)

(I was thinking the very same about those 109's <S> that was some great fighting!)

[/B]

Camel
234th spits