Author Topic: Dueling arena  (Read 6344 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Dueling arena
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:14:41 AM »
I've been trying to learn to fly without the stall limiter the past couple of days so I go to the DA furball area to see how I'm coming along. And what I found there was laughable to say the least. It's full of guys I've never seen in the MA that ho on every pass, pic and gang you when you're trying to fight a 1 VS 1. Is this common place in there now?
Lighten up Francis

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
Re: Dueling arena
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 05:19:00 AM »
As for the 1vs1 part I just want to make sure your not talking about the furball area.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:03:06 AM »
what cajun said. ^^

if it was not at the furball area but during an arranged 1on1 then send a polite note to HTC about whoever is griefing your fights. (if you cannot sort it out at the time) 

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »
its called furball area for a reason :O
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
DA?

:D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »
DA?

:D

I think he's russian, and just trying to be agreeable.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:58:45 AM »
I'd go the MA and practice up before going into the DA :uhoh
Jay12

Offline reddeamon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 10:07:59 AM »
There are plenty on 1 on 1 fights in the D.A you just got to ask if anyone wants to go at it 1 on 1. Then you can just go to another base there are plenty of them in there.  DA furball area is for noobs there are much better furballs in the ma.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »
I think he's russian, and just trying to be agreeable.
:lol
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »
what I found there was laughable to say the least. It's full of guys I've never seen in the MA that ho on every pass, pic and gang you when you're trying to fight a 1 VS 1.

I've been going to the DA for a couple of months and noticed this right away too. It seems  most players in there are from the old H2H or are just starting out. Many don't come to the main because they can not fly in F3 mode, many from h2h were used to flying that way and were able to find fights quickly without having to travel very far. TA57 was probably one of the 10 best sticks in H2H but once it was discontinued so were his skills. Many of them tried the main but just could not get a handle on it. TA57 didn't do to bad trying to learn how it's really done in the main but most don't even give it a second thought.

If there were to have ever been a H2H/ Main arena duel in H2H the guys in the main would have tore them up every time. There are many good sticks in the DA and many of them will give you a good one on one but most of those names will be coming from the main IMO. The rest just like to furball, pick, ho and log for the night.

I myself have a lot of fun there especially if I can find a good wingman. It's a great place to learn those types of beginning tactics. Drag and bag, thatch weave ect. ect. Don't expect to receive to many check 6's by non main arena players tho. Go there with someone you know or hook up with names you've heard of before in the main. Also choose any side other than Rook. Rooks there are mainly all H2H gang players and the sides are usually very uneven because of it.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »
Theres a lot of players who are game to fight 1v1 no matter how many times they lose .

Labeling all is lame .

Offline DmdFiat

• Copper Member
      • AnticoElements.com
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »
DA is DA..I never see 1 vs 1 being broken outside the furball area.

The problems here are very simple. Poor objectivity derived from big ego.
Countless times I pick on pickers that are jumping on a slow-flaps out-low alt furball in the furball zone. And I get " oh, nice pick Fiat!!! ".
I could bring countless example of hypocrisy in the name calling but the base of the problem is:

LEAVE YOUR EGO OUT WHEN U FLY.

I go there for fun and it's not my fault if people only look ahead and have poor SA and can't admit their mistakes.

I fly there because I practice with great sticks and joke with each other. The flights are quick and it is more relaxed.

Another thing. Give people more compliments instead. It will improve your fun.

Don't mess up DA !

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 02:15:14 PM »
 :rofl :rofl I've seem to have touched a nerve with the F3 boys  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »
I go to DA furball when I want to whoop some. Alot of players there are pretty tragic. There's a bit of lameness going on as well. There's this one guy who just flies around in a Zero with alt and wingmen and just picks. Never seen him in anything but a zero, game can't be much fun for him. It's a lil bit annoying when ur in an engagement and working for a beautiful gun solution at the end of some knifing... then just as ur about to pull it you get picked by some guy whos come down from 10k, when he couldve flown ahead to meet another opponent in an actual fight.

Can't really complain though, anything goes there. I just don't respect 95% of the guys who are there but, I suppose the same would go for MA... Stall limiter should be one of the first things you switch off when you start playing this game. In the end it's just a little bit of quick fun to enhance some skills and switch it up from MA.

btw, if you want fair 1v1's then just ask, can't really complain about getting jumped at furball. i can always get a 1v1. I don't mind 1v2 at all, it's usually still with the odds in your favor considering the skill levels of the people there.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:43:07 PM by RumbleB »

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 04:13:27 PM »
  Too deep for me. :rofl
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:57:25 PM by dentin »
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"