Author Topic: bomber drones  (Read 684 times)

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
bomber drones
« on: April 18, 2008, 07:28:54 AM »
can we fix the drones where they dont die with doing evasive manuevers or sharp turns. hate giving people proxi kills. :furious

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: bomber drones
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
hate giving people proxi kills. :furious

Stop turning so hard.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
Your BOMBER drones are trying to stay in formation. Again they are BOMBERS, not F-16's of the Thunderbirds. You can't do a 90 degree bank at full power and expect your drones to stay with you. Besides who needs to do evasive manuvers??? Learn to shoot straight and you wont have to turn your bombers to avoid an attack.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 09:27:44 AM »
Your BOMBER drones are trying to stay in formation. Again they are BOMBERS, not F-16's of the Thunderbirds. You can't do a 90 degree bank at full power and expect your drones to stay with you. Besides who needs to do evasive manuvers??? Learn to shoot straight and you wont have to turn your bombers to avoid an attack.
I overshoot many planes in Ju88's if they have good guns. If a F6F or anything with 6 50cals or less comes, I'll blow it away with my uber pea shooters on the 88s...They think with pea shooters can't get anything, so they settle on my six and I open fire. Anything with 8 50cals or 20s/30s/40s I'll try to overshoot...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
I overshoot many planes in Ju88's if they have good guns. If a F6F or anything with 6 50cals or less comes, I'll blow it away with my uber pea shooters on the 88s...They think with pea shooters can't get anything, so they settle on my six and I open fire. Anything with 8 50cals or 20s/30s/40s I'll try to overshoot...
spikes ur mom no ur using them boobs  :lol
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 10:41:44 AM »
can we fix the drones where they dont die with doing evasive manuevers or sharp turns. hate giving people proxi kills. :furious

Hello Valdals,

Truth be told most bombers are not known for their agility.  I would suggest not hitting your turns so hard.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »

i used to wait till they were so close that i thought they could see me pick my nose.......then i read somewhere that bomber guns converged at 600 yds......i hit a ponyb at 600 the other night..and i think he didn't know what hit him...his wing almost immediatly seperated.....so now that's where i start shooting..
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »
i fly the boston 3, b26, and ju88 bombers with the fixed guns. i would like to be able to engage a attacking target without losing my drones. plus if you are flying a bomber with a blind spot you have to use evasive manuevers to train a gun on an attacking target.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 05:05:27 PM »
b26s are my prefered CV killers. The trick in them is simple. You have excess tail gun ammo, however, most people try to attack a 26 from the belly. When a plane gets to around 2k out go into a steep autoclimb. The tail gun on the 26 will depress almost 90 degrees. This means unless your pursuer is a seasoned bomber killer and try a normal belly attack your guns are actually pointing right at him. Let him get to 800 or closer and light him up. This of course means that you might get the "Your guns can't fire that direction" reply. Good Hunting. :salute
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 08:29:16 PM »
Simple answer would be to climb to altitude.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »

The drones are doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Bombers flying in formations didn't do barrel rolls and split s's. Either fly the formation the way it's intended....or stop using formations. You won't get to have your cake and eat it too.... :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 08:48:19 PM »
Bomber formations never flew that tight.  For the sake of realism, disable formations and grab 2 friends.  Put them on your wings, and evade as you please.

There is nothing broken to be fixed though.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 09:11:30 PM »
The correct answer you are looking for is a simple one.
(From a turret)Go into auto climb, decrease power to around 70-80% and apply moderate rudder in the direction you want to turn.Drones turn better at slower speeds,and the climb helps also.

You need to be wary, as the climb will make you a slower target and thus a wee bit harder to miss, on the plus side you are also draining your targets speed, and quick escape.

Try it guy's  :rock
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »
How about fixing the buffs from warping to fill in a dead drone's spot.....
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 09:30:38 PM »
How about tightening up the drone poof range.
See Rule #4