Author Topic: INJ Claims Great Victory Over Superior Allied Force.  (Read 630 times)

eskimo

INJ Claims Great Victory Over Superior Allied Force.
« on: August 18, 2000, 08:50:00 AM »
Eskimoson,
INJ Flight leader

Last night my squadron of 15 aircraft was on patrol and met a superior enemy force of approximately 130 Allied Spitfires at a great altitude advantage.  We had major radio problems, and I was not able to notify my flight to release their drop tanks (Upon landing I executed all radio-maintenance personnel.).  In spite of these disadvantages, we managed to down approximately 115 enemy aircraft (I personally shot down 17.).  I am yet not sure how many INJ aircraft made it back safely.  However, I did see six A6Ms land at F-6 (including my own).  I also saw 1 INJ flier in a parachute only a few miles from our forward base, a rescue crew was already on it's way to pick him up.  I regretfully saw the destruction of Krazson's Zero early on in the engagement (He did manage to destroy 12 enemy before going down).  I also watched MistaTson (a new recruit on his first mission) receive fatal fire from an enemy aircraft (I believe that he downed 5 aircraft first.).  Most regretfully, however, I heard my wingman, Gronkson, call for help.  He was in a battle, singlehandedly fighting 23 spitfires.  Gronkson destroyed 21 of them before he ran out of ammo.  The last two spitfire savagely shot my unarmed comrade before I could arrive to help.  

I am sure that we lost at least 4 aircraft and 3 crew.  We may have lost as many as 8 aircraft and 7 crew.

[This message has been edited by eskimo (edited 08-18-2000).]

eskimo

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »
Seriously,
Fellow INJ fliers, I apologize for not reminding the flight to salvo our drop tanks.  I didn't even think about it until the furball became quite nasty.  What a furball that was though!  I also completely lost all situational awareness and didn't have a clue where most of you ended up.   I know I felt that I shoulda been dead 5 or 6 times.

<S> to the allies!  That was a great fight!

<S> to Warchild for singlehandedly attacking 6 or so INJ Zeros on his own!  I can't believe you did that, I can't believe how long you lasted!

Eskimoson

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2000, 09:14:00 AM »
<S> Eskimo for leading us into this great victory!  17 kills... not bad at all!    

And don't worry, I'm sure most of us figured out to drop the DT's ourselves.  

I had a blast, cya again on saturday!

Camo-san

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

eskimo

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2000, 09:23:00 AM »
<S> to Sabre!

Great job and thanks!

eskimoson

Offline WarChild

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2000, 12:27:00 PM »
Eskimo.. my flight of 3 were supposed to be top cover, however i belive the zeros actually out #'rd us by 3 or so. Anyway, unimportant.  My flight of 3 was kept hi by 4 Zeros higher than us dragin... and we had 3 more on long range dot.  I figured the best we could do is keep those ftrs out of the low furball.  

Soon enuf the high zeros divesd on us so i ordered my flight into the low furball.  I made two strafing runs and damaged 2 zeros, 1 severe ( i later saw him creep out of the engagement) and downed 1 for good.  I had a excellent escape vector, i could have survived.  I tried to tell my wingies to run, but they were too involved in cthe furball, i couldn't just leave them, not after how well they followed orders and were covering each other, so i turned back into the fray.

I probaby could of escaped the second time, but i totally lost track where the 2nd zero was.  Salute to cobra and Higgens who bravely flew in the face of certain death ( 6 cons divine on our tail and 4 on the ground)

Here is my film, enjoy.

<S> IJN

------------------
WarChild
VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~
"Where's the Charmin!"

Offline WarChild

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2000, 12:32:00 PM »
ooops how do i attack a file in here?  

------------------
WarChild
VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~
"Where's the Charmin!"

maximus13

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2000, 12:36:00 PM »
  Yeah overall it was fun,even when 3 Zero's  got on ym tail and nailed me. I escaped and landed mext to BD and Warchild. We had a big party.  we were gona walk home, but Sabre said we couldn't.  Only fate can tell if we will survive.....  Also, we got a rifle modelled in our hands, why cant we shoot it?

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2000, 11:13:00 AM »
S! Warchild

Our flight of 3 Zekes followed you after the "merge". One "extra" was behind us too.  We were almost nearly co-alt when we turned after you.  We noticed that you just dragged us around in a slow right turn, so we started climbing inside the circle.  This is how we got a slight alt advantage.  Then you tightened the circle, which enabled us to engage.  Otherwise we would just followed you.  The spit is faster at all altitudes...

Thanks for the fight, it was fun!  

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Rojo

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2000, 12:03:00 PM »
Maximus, BD, and Warchild.  Due to a shift in the space/time continuum, or some other equally ludicrous explaination, a stiff breeze blew a bulge in the front line that you three neatly plopped down in.

Seriously, I had planned to have the main engagement take place over Allied territory, which is why I gave the IJN a slight numerical advantage. So, in the spirit of fair play, you three have been rescued and returned to the active roster after convelessing...in a native village full of scantilly clad females . Happy birthday!

------------------
Sabre, a.k.a. Rojo
(S-2, The Buccaneers)