Author Topic: Polite request to fellow Allied pilots  (Read 2070 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Re: Polite request to fellow Allied pilots
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »
I love irony.  A subtle, silent thing that can accomplish what hundreds of words cannot.

:salute Irony!
P-47 pilot

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
I love irony.  A subtle, silent thing that can accomplish what hundreds of words cannot.

:salute Irony!

As is the irony of incorrectly surmising irony. But I'm sure it was wanted badly. ;) :salute

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »
As is the irony of incorrectly surmising irony. But I'm sure it was wanted badly. ;) :salute
You keep believing that, Arlo.   :aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »
Youse guys really know what your talking about...?

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 08:11:48 AM »
Hey Arlo, its my $15, ill do what i want--- isnt that what you told me??? not so much fun when everyone blows you out of the water is it?? i personally have no problem agreeing to your terms. its just a shame you dump on me for making a polite request. good luck with it bud, i hope everyone agrees to your terms.

best regards,
Jaeger

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »
Hey Arlo, its my $15, ill do what i want--- isnt that what you told me??? not so much fun when everyone blows you out of the water is it??

Not once, Francis.  :)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »
I didn't see anything wrong with the request. It's actually asking people to use common sense in CV command that you don't see in the MA.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 11:00:03 AM »
I didn't see anything wrong with the request. It's actually asking people to use common sense in CV command that you don't see in the MA.

I agree, nothing wrong at all in asking the community to participate in better gameplay.
P-47 pilot

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »
It's just all in how you do it.  ;)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »
now you know how all the other people felt when they asked for a change in gameplay behavior of others.  just saying...

:rofl
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 02:31:15 PM »
 IF i were to be flying Allied, I would understand the frustration here. But I dont. What I do know is that Every Okinawa map ive played in as IJN/A Ive had to put up with CV groups sitting right off shore within spitting distance of fields. As soon as you up your getting shot at by Flak and no matter where you are on the island your getting puffy acked. That really gets annoying after awhile. I mean i dig popcorn but gawd... :uhoh
So if the idea of letting a CV group sail undetered right off the coast in plain sight of SB is rather daft. Here's an idea, how about staging the CV a bit further out to sea so you can A: ge ta little Alt before going feet dry or B: give the IJN/A a break from the massive amounts of popcorn.  :aok
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »
Turn puffy ack off and/or enable F4U and FM2 at land bases.   Agreed, puffy ack is extremely annoying and does not serve any purpose for the current setup.  Disable land based puffy also.

I've flown both sides ...
Flying for axis: puffy ack annoying
Flying for allies: not having low alt turn fighters at land bases annoying

The future war system could have the basing issue also.  Staff, have you considered allowing the CO to transfer squadrons to different fields during a war.  For example, if fighters are put too close to the enemy and they constantly have the hangers down, then can the CO transfer that squadron to a different base or are all of the individual players hosed as they won't be able to fly certain planes.  I know they can't do it on demand, but they can send email to staff and the staff can move the squadron the next day.

Venom

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 03:13:06 PM »
IF i were to be flying Allied, I would understand the frustration here. But I dont. What I do know is that Every Okinawa map ive played in as IJN/A Ive had to put up with CV groups sitting right off shore within spitting distance of fields. As soon as you up your getting shot at by Flak and no matter where you are on the island your getting puffy acked. That really gets annoying after awhile. I mean i dig popcorn but gawd... :uhoh
So if the idea of letting a CV group sail undetered right off the coast in plain sight of SB is rather daft. Here's an idea, how about staging the CV a bit further out to sea so you can A: ge ta little Alt before going feet dry or B: give the IJN/A a break from the massive amounts of popcorn.  :aok
Especially since, now, theres been allied players manning the 5 inch guns. THAT is bad.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 03:15:07 PM »
sorry Motherland but thats funny.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »
sorry Motherland but thats funny.
How so? Being about to get a gun solution on an FM2 and then bursting into flames is not fun. Nor is almost getting a gun solution on a Ki84 and then having it explode before you pull the trigger.