Author Topic: Grand Strategy for using C.V  (Read 440 times)

Offline reddeamon

• Zinc Member
Grand Strategy for using C.V
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:52:37 AM »
Are the knights to cautious in their approach to using C.V groups?  Normally I would not bring it up this has happened to me more then twice now. Ok here goes my rant ……..

Last map the rooks took almost all the bases around the south port.  Not all though because there were some uncaptureable bases, one of which sat right next to the port.  Before they took the port I had taken out the ord in the surrounding 2 rook bases.  The C.V was just at the dar circle of the port, so I take command and turned it into the port so we might be able to lvt it right back.

Take out the ack and the radar no gv’s in sight kill the con over the port then bail to get a lvt.  All this time though what I did’nt know the C.V is going north away from the port.  Someone has taken command and turned it north, ok I turn it back south no dice get out ranked and we sail north.  Why it might get sunk they say the gv’s spawning form friendly base will take port.  The only prob I said is it takes about 10 to 15 min for gv’s to get there as the GV spawn is not close as in some bases, No dice.  So I set out take out the ord  of yet another 3rd base.

I apologies for my hasty words on the country Channel, also for saying that this would be more helpful in saving the C.V.

Current map Late war Blue M.A I turn the C.V to a base that does not have ord. which happens to be right next to it. Guess again out ranked we sail North ahoy WHY to save and keep a port we have because, the base without any ord has Shore Batteries which are not in range for another 10 -15 min  :rolleyes:.  Grand strategy and long pm arguments later the only sight for these sour eyes were the brave waves after waves of multiple 110 by the bish trying to gun the Knight down big <S> to you guys. Have the Knight’s really lost their taste for a fight….

Long story short I wanted to apologies to Knights for saying they did not have any B****  or  Brains.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Grand Strategy for using C.V
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 08:53:02 AM »
 :O :eek: :huh

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 09:10:50 AM »
I think somebody had a bit too much to drink last night  :)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »

Suddenly it all becomes clear. The sheep sacrificed on altars, the weird chanting. The Knits are using Satanic rituals to protect their CVs!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 10:36:15 AM by Greebo »

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »
 :huh
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »
Check out Widewing's essay on CV operations.  Makes it fun, doable, and, oh I don't know.  Just the right way to go about it says I.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »
Check out Widewing's essay on CV operations.  Makes it fun, doable, and, oh I don't know.  Just the right way to go about it says I.

actually, maybe widewing can answer this? what does your rank in the arena have to do with who can or cannot control the cv's anyway? what happens if one of these score-potatos that know nothing except to maintain themselves in the top ten take it from a squadron that's either trying to capture a base, or simpl create a fun fight?.....oo crap...there's the answer right there......fun fights are extinct(see other thread) :rofl

then the next thing, how would be a better way to decide who can control it?

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »
 Perhaps it could go by highest GV rank instead of overall. I mean face it.This happens on all sides. Some guy ranked highest possably due to being shall we say,over cautious? And with that high score hes taking the cv out of an area cause hes got a bad feeling about it?
 Not much to be done about it really.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »
I saw one thing...and the reason the guy turned it was because it was a captured CV with the enemy owning it's home port.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline reddeamon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »
I think somebody had a bit too much to drink last night  :)

It is says what it is, a rant i jump countries almost every tour, makes for a change of pace.  Never have I seen the Rooks or Bish afraid to take in a cv close to a base when the ord is down.  I admit it got frustrating taking out ord in all the surrounding bases for the 2 sect. 

Then get over ranked  because it’s still not safe.  Finally capture a base 1hs ½ later when you would have taken it in 10 -15 min weather or not the C.V get’s sunk least you tried.

Offline reddeamon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »
I saw one thing...and the reason the guy turned it was because it was a captured CV with the enemy owning it's home port.

Normally i would say yes turn it away but it right next to the port just not in lvt range very much drought the enem did not know where it was.  On my way to the 3rd base i saw a lanc and tmb up from it. Lucky for me the C.V was a Sector and a half and was able to catch up with them. 

Now this is what I don’t get, take the C.V next to a friendly base that is 1 ½ sect away from an enem base that has ord. rather then turn it to the port which is deacked VH down no enem cons and about 2 sect if not more away from the nearest enem base with ord. :rolleyes:

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
This tale cracks me up.......run a CV!  The only way you can run a cv is if it's position isn't known.  CV's travel at 1 sector every 50 min.  Might be slightly less now but not by much.  Bombers on the other hand can make alt and 1 sector in JUST 10 min. 

All sides have their share of suicide idiots but none more so than Bish, who seem to cultivate them in abundance.  My money's on the bomber pilots suiciders or not.

The cv should have been used to spawn LVT if there wasn't a friendly GV spawn for M3's.  One would risk the shore battery having a good gunner but the CV could be kept to one side of the SB.  Or possibly run it straight in for a dry spawn of LVT.  Or one could take out the offending SB.

I would rather lose the CV in an endeavour to get the port back than have it sunk 20 min later by the ever increasing skilled suicider.

Conversely if a ports under attack and the CV's there the ports almost impossible take with CV support at hand but you'll see guys try and "run" it....why?  CV gives air and LVT resupply support.  No CV = no local support.  Even if the cv gets sunk it respawns right there in just 10 min.  The attackers are forced to be meticulous with their timing....hard to do.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
Perhaps it could go by highest GV rank instead of overall. I mean face it.This happens on all sides. Some guy ranked highest possably due to being shall we say,over cautious? And with that high score hes taking the cv out of an area cause hes got a bad feeling about it?
 Not much to be done about it really.

Overcautious? How about a "dedicated vulcher", or a 0300 30,000' bomber sticks 10 times a month? Or someone who never comes below 15k except to dive on the fringes? Who never upps at a contested base out of fear they will be shot down? Or the dedicated spawn camper??

Course there are exceptions. Some guys who are ranked high are actually very good. But a lot of guys ranked lower are a lot better then a lot of guys who play simply for rank.

I say use "time in game" as the criteria for who gets a CV group. Not just that but If you take it out then its your until the end. Seniority is a criteria I'll bet a lot of us could live with better, "mind you with any criteria I'll never get my hands on one". However I do pass a lot of game time making lone attacks against ords, in Jabos and Medium bombers, to protect Rook CVs, many times in situations that are very difficult to both bomb and survive. Its kind of aggravating to go to all that trouble, getting killed while taking our ords to protect it, and then have the CV CO do something dumb anyways.

If someone has been in AH for years its probably a good bet they know CV tactics. Why not use game seniority as the commanders criteria instead?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"