Author Topic: This is NOT the MA Gentlemen (all read)  (Read 3477 times)

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
Re: This is NOT the MA Gentlemen (all read)
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 12:48:13 AM »

Wrong attitude for FSO snowey.  Vengeance only leads to more vengeance.

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 09:03:40 AM »
if a squadmember gets shot down on perpose by a squadmate the squad should get the first crack at the man

I believe he is refering to disiplinary actions, not shooting him down.
Game name ToeTag

Offline dadapple

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
It is unfortunate that some pilots are not taking the fso serious. Friendly fire is a fact of all combat, its going to happen. But to do it purposely is just wrong... In reference to the two pilots engaging the enemy with their side arms at the rearm pad. I totally support, if this had been real, they would have gotten the medal of honor for their actions against the enemy. They did not engage friendly forces... If side arms were not intended to be used than way have them. I'm retired military and have been in combat, these men showed initiative, in accomplishing the mission. I would be proud to lead these men in combat any day. I've read the rules and no where does it say that the use of side arms is forbidden. I think that big stink is that, the other side didn't think of it first. Faced with the same situation, I would have done the same.
Nomade  :mad: 

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 10:23:28 AM »
I was just joking about this very topic with a rival CO after frame #1.  Too see it actually happening is disturbing indeed.  FSO is not the place for some people, until they learn to check their bags at the door.  2 hours a week, of good behavior doesn't seem like to much to ask in my opinion. I hope there are no second chances concerning fragging.

Agreed.  No matter who it is.

Twice we have flown same sides with a rival squad this FSO.  Twice we have played nice and so did our rivals. Like Stampf said 2 hours of good behavior is not unbearable.  Even I can seem to manage it  :rofl

I must offer my unsolicited opinion that squad CO's should be held responsible, as well.  As a former NCO in the US Army, I was answerable for my personal actions, as well as the actions of those under my command.  When I got the screws put to me about my platoon's behavior, I took advantage of gravity and rolled the crap directly downhill.   If I had to suffer, the platoon did likewise until we got it fixed.

The rules are posted in the special events site.  I recall reading something about being careful about who you allow as a walk on, or into your squad.  I know this sounds harsh, but perhaps muting, suspending, punishing, etc CO's or entire squads will get the point across with great effeciency.  Perhaps it will give motovation to a squad and their CO's to police these types of activity within their own chain of command.  I may be old-school, but I assure you that an old-school "blanket party" will change the ate-up behavior of a few individuals.  Piss on the fun of the entire squad and they will usually take care of it, in-house.

If the CO doesn't reprimand the behavior, then they really did not care and thus you have effectively culled the dead weight, anyhow.

Meine zwei Pfennig.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:29:11 AM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »
In reference to the two pilots engaging the enemy with their side arms at the rearm pad. I totally support, if this had been real, they would have gotten the medal of honor for their actions against the enemy. They did not engage friendly forces... If side arms were not intended to be used than way have them. I'm retired military and have been in combat, these men showed initiative, in accomplishing the mission. I would be proud to lead these men in combat any day. I've read the rules and no where does it say that the use of side arms is forbidden. I think that big stink is that, the other side didn't think of it first. Faced with the same situation, I would have done the same.
Nomade  :mad: 

Thank you for the opinion.

However, most of the FSO players, and the CM team disagree.

I think that big stink is that, the other side didn't think of it first.

What would make you think that? Where has that been presented as a factor in this discussion?

I've read the rules and no where does it say that the use of side arms is forbidden.

There are a lot of things that the rules don't "say". As time goes along we will add things that we think are necessary to have in writing.

If side arms were not intended to be used than way have them.

That is not in our control. We can only decide if we want them used in FSO, we don't.

I totally support, if this had been real, they would have gotten the medal of honor for their actions against the enemy.......

I think not,

If this had been real, they would have been walking around on an enemy base with a single .45ACP, surrounded by dozens of ground maintenance personal, and enemy ground troops. They would have been captured or killed probably without firing a shot.

In real life, if two pilots bail from their AC, they do all they can to avoid contact with the enemy, trying to wait out rescue by hiding. Two pilots with .45's don't charge an enemy air base trying to shoot taxing enemy AC. That might be the job of an organized ground force, but not two pilots. The job of two shot down pilots, is to avoid detection, wait for rescue, get back to their base, get a new AC, and get back in the air.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 01:01:12 PM »
If this had been real, they would have been walking around on an enemy base with a single .45ACP, surrounded by dozens of ground maintenance personal, and enemy ground troops. They would have been captured or killed probably without firing a shot.

In real life, if two pilots bail from their AC, they do all they can to avoid contact with the enemy, trying to wait out rescue by hiding. Two pilots with .45's don't charge an enemy air base trying to shoot taxing enemy AC. That might be the job of an organized ground force, but not two pilots. The job of two shot down pilots, is to avoid detection, wait for rescue, get back to their base, get a new AC, and get back in the air.

Ja!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 01:19:29 PM »
Must a rule be written about everything? Phssst!

A rule shouldn't be necessary to curb this type of thing. If someone deliberately attempts to spoil the event for others, then expect repercussions.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »
This should have never been an issue. You would think people would think before they acted.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »
This should have never been an issue. You would think people would think before they acted.

Hope you're not talking to me. I would never think people would think before acting.  :D Among those few who would stop and think, some are bound to come to a different conclusion than you would. Again, if it's going to be "not allowed" then let everyone know and get on with it.
Flying as Noser

Offline Tull

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
SLED,

Thank you for amplifying the point that I tried to make in my first posting about downed pilots being a bullet magnet.

Nomade,

As we are both retired military, we each know the difference between NTC/JRTC combat bravery and that of men under real fire.  In the former, no one’s life is at risk.  It is easy to do “Brave” things.  I understand your point of wanting aggressive people on you team but you statement about the CMH is off target.  I had a mentor in my career who was a downed B-29 crew member in Japan (he use to habitually put out his cigarette in the palm of his own hand).  Attacking an airbase in Japan with your M1911A1 was not a realistic expectation.

Believe me, I am not trying to initiate an argument but providing a sensing from my turret hatch.

Jamie
TULL

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
Again, if it's going to be "not allowed" then let everyone know and get on with it.
Isn't that what they just did in this thread?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline dadapple

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 05:49:09 PM »

You are absolutely correct, but I think you missed my point.
Nomade

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »
Shooting a pilot on the rearm pad with your side arm is considered gaming the game, and thats not what FSO is about.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 08:25:35 PM »
Wrong attitude for FSO snowey.  Vengeance only leads to more vengeance.
i mean throwing the person out of the squad but if he doesnt stop shooting friendlys the squad should shoot the man down
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 10:20:36 PM »
If a pilot is on an enemy field wouldn't the ack kill him? :huh
Tours 86 - 296