Author Topic: Motherboard and memory question  (Read 201 times)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
Motherboard and memory question
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:02:22 PM »
I'm going to build a computer and it will be my first.    I have decided on a E8400 processor and this is the motherboard I think I want. It is a gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059

I dont need anything fancy, just a motherboard, and this one seems to have good reviews for it.  Now my question is, I have heard about checking to make sure the ram is compatible with the motherboards.  How do I do that and what would you guys recommend?  The motherboard says it will support the 1066 mhz ram but I have no idea which particular ram I would want.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Motherboard and memory question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:34:01 PM »
I'll eventually be building off the same board. I went with this RAM. Compared to the others, it seems pretty decent with good/great reviews and is the correct type for the board.

In case you're interested, here's links to the rest of my prospected build.

Case
Optical Drive
PSU
CPU
GPU
Water Cooling (For the hell of it, honestly.)
HDD
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:38:06 PM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Motherboard and memory question
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
Go to the Gigabyte web-site and look up that board.  They will have a list of all compatible RAM.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.