Author Topic: Top 10 aces of aces?  (Read 11215 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Top 10 aces of aces?
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2008, 09:55:23 AM »
while i dont know kamilyun or nomak and have never flown against levi...this is the only list i have seen in here that even comes close to accuracy...kappa would have to be there as well imho...and too leave out blukitty seems silly as well...

some of the other lists are so far off the mark its embarrassing...i dont mean to be rude but if you are not a very strong stick yourself then you really dont know who is or isnt a good stick and should refrain from posting ;)

let me say it a different way and give a tip at the same time...."If you don't cut throttle every fight and drop flaps most of the time...then you dont know who is or isnt a good stick" :aok

i should add one thing...since i only fly bish i have no idea who the strong bish sticks are so my apologies that i haven't named any of my teammates or countrymen...i have nothing to go by to make an accurate judgement :salute
Don' forget manetmp.  :noid

*snicker*
See Rule #4

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »
Anybody can be a ace 1 day and then be crap the next.  Iron, most people don't like me because they think I cheat, pick, ho, vulch and can't fight a fair fight.  I do all them except cheat, but only on few occations.  I ho when ho'd upon.  Sometimes I end up ho'in some that don't ho only because the person just before did to me so I start.  I vulch when we are trying to take the field (Field suppression).  Pick, this I do quite often, mainly when a squady is introuble.  But isn't that what wingman are for?  I usually don't post in these type of topics because like I said before.  There is always someone better then u.
I am usually that squady that he is saving, thus the only way I get to land kills.  :D  But as of late I have lost a lot of kills because of connection issues.  Think this tour alone I lost about 150+ kills to disco-fever...  :frown:  Oh well, about 10 more days and I wil be back in Wisconsin with a stable connection after 6+ years of crap connection.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2008, 09:58:30 AM »
Just like to add one name....JensK.  Amazing pilot in the Jug!

(I wish he had time to give me some pointers.)

Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »
Thanks for all the input everyone  :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
What Widewing said.

One small thing, though. Some players don't push as hard as they could. They're more after having fun than outright victory every single time... Food for thought.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
1. SHawk
2. SkyRock
3. Fester
4. m00t
5. BiPoLaR2
6. Lusche
7. Adonai
8. Barbossa
9. VIOLATER
10. Widewing

I haven't been around but for a year so I'm sure there are lots of others.  But these are the only ones ive ever faught/DAed/or Flown with.

#S#

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2008, 11:19:39 AM »
and too leave out blukitty seems silly as well...

DA doesn't define aces, but first person shooter and skills level : WW2 and MA kind of engagement were/are not 1 vs 1, same plane , CoE and co Alt  . 
 I agree with that, imop ManeTMP/BlueKitty  is overall the best fighter i've seen in this game in MA and KOH, (maybe not the best in DA,)  but the combination of skills,aggressiveness and amazing awareness and judgement analyzing and  engaging multiple tgts involved in a fight. I've seen  him and XJ killing 20-30 vulchers or missions in few minutes, and landing 30+ combined.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:40:47 AM by ghi »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »

One small thing, though. Some players don't push as hard as they could. They're more after having fun than outright victory every single time... Food for thought.

wow. someone who gets it!

:D

Urchin and I once had a conversation about Moot behind his back. We both agreed he was the absolute best out and out furballer in the game.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
I'm drunk, but...
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2008, 11:33:26 AM »
That's funny :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2008, 11:42:01 AM »
The funny thing about lists like this, is they really don't mean a thing beyond name recognition.  Some of the names are of guys who haven't flown in a long time.  Some are of guys who are very visible in the arenas.  Some are of guys who end up on the front of the scores list.  Some are on there because of squad affiliation.  Who cares really?  We all know who we see as good sticks from our own experiences :)

In the end the lists don't really matter as long as folks are having a good time. :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2008, 11:43:14 AM »
No Guppy. Any of the top boxing athletes are having a lot of fun.  Not all of them will score the champion's belt.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »
No Guppy. Any of the top boxing athletes are having a lot of fun.  Not all of them will score the champion's belt.

OK

Then Kappa must be the best pilot in Aces High since he won KoTH  :)

Not all of us have the time, energy or desire to be the bestest cartoon pilot.  I did that once back in airwarrior and I found it the most miserable time of my online flight sim 'career'. 

I figure now I can give most anyone a decent fight, but I'm not worried about it.  It's more fun for me that way.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2008, 12:10:06 PM »
No Guppy. KOTH doesn't systematicaly show who is best at dogfighting. It shows who is best at free-for-all furball dynamics, which favors 'dishonorable' things like cherrypicking.

I don't think being the best cartoon pilot is miserable.  It hinges on the same tactical sense as you need to have and follow to successfuly come out on top of a street fistfight.  It only strays from real dogfighting in situations like KOTH where cherrypicking, rather than the best effective 1:1 effort, is rewarded.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:11:46 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2008, 12:30:54 PM »
3 names i didnt say...and i cant kill them to save my damn life

m00t
NOVA
kappa

R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »
No Guppy. KOTH doesn't systematicaly show who is best at dogfighting. It shows who is best at free-for-all furball dynamics, which favors 'dishonorable' things like cherrypicking.

I don't think being the best cartoon pilot is miserable.  It hinges on the same tactical sense as you need to have and follow to successfuly come out on top of a street fistfight.  It only strays from real dogfighting in situations like KOTH where cherrypicking, rather than the best effective 1:1 effort, is rewarded.

LOL I should have put my sarcasm tag in there.  As near as I can tell that's the only bit where someone comes out on top as designated king of the hill.

I know Kappa is a good stick, I know lots of guys that are good sticks.  Anyone of them can win in a given situation and anyone of them can lose.

To try and designate who the best is, just seems pointless.  I would consider myself fair at best.  That there have been occasions where I've beaten guys who I would consider far better sticks says what?  That they're worse or I'm better?  Maybe I got lucky that day.  Maybe they were having an off day.  I don't know.  It doesn't matter as most times the response is <S> nice fight.

Is there a core group of AH sticks that in terms of 1 v 1 would rise about the rest?  Absolutely.  But then you'd better list your top 100.  Maybe define it by plane type?  How about fighting style?  In the end there are too many variables to consider in deciding who is the 'bestest cartoon pilot' in my opinion, and it's just that, an opinion :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters