Author Topic: Top 10 aces of aces?  (Read 11277 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Murdr
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2008, 07:54:08 AM »
That's not exactly what I was saying.  I didn't say the guy cant fly 1v1.  I said one duels a lot and one doesn't.  If you want to base everything on a dueling tourney, then it obviously favors the one who practices all the time under those specific rules.

Well, we could have a ganbang, cherry picking, and have the advantage tourney also, but don't you think that the guy that wins the 1 vs 1 tourney will most likely win those too?  What is the skill he is missing?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Top 10 aces of aces?
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2008, 07:54:11 AM »
1) Drex
2) Leviathn
3) Everyone else vies for 3rd....

My regards,

Widewing

Funny Karma WW ... Drex asked Levi for an invite back into the squad the day after you posted this.

Keep your eyes open people.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
I forgot to what extent wittle boys get their panties in a bunch. You all really ought to look at it from afar as I have.

You guys are WAY too silly.

I'm comin back cuz I like miss my hair being on fire..

..I don't wear panties so I'm safe from all the rest.

Cya's up.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
That's not exactly what I was saying.  I didn't say the guy cant fly 1v1.  I said one duels a lot and one doesn't.  If you want to base everything on a dueling tourney, then it obviously favors the one who practices all the time under those specific rules.
You aren't reading my posts.  I said word for word that KOTH and 1:1 ladders/tournies complement each other to give a more complete and thorough measure of "skill".  I said one of them had certain flaws in that respect, and that another had less of those flaws despite it being a more narrow evalutation.. 
If the goal is a top 10 list, it's doubtful anyone could make it that was any less than very proficient at each and every type of combat, like I said.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2008, 11:01:04 AM »
This is certainly a post that deserves some cogitation.
Find some way to get CMs the power to remove icons (or limit them to range+planetype) after the no-joy, and mute all players anywhere but on one open channel (no PMs, no squad text), and strictly limit them to range when in the tower, and KOTH would be a lot more fun and challenging.

A slow radar dot update would still stop the wabbits from avoiding fights, but without the gameid icon, players would actualy have to make an effort to get a shot at the wabbit.

This is a pretty much official event for AH, so it really ought to have HTC's attention.  It'd be an improvement very worthy of the effort, I think.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:05:20 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »
Well, we could have a ganbang, cherry picking, and have the advantage tourney also, but don't you think that the guy that wins the 1 vs 1 tourney will most likely win those too?  What is the skill he is missing?
I wouldn't add those categories but I think additional points would be...

Dissimilar AC dueling
1 vs Many (KOTH does provide this environment but it can be avoided)
Many vs Many (2v2, 3v3)

Admittedly the latter is difficult to judge an individual pilots skill as it takes skill as part of a team rather then as an individual.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2008, 11:07:35 AM »
Maybe we should just drop the Top 10 thingy? Everyone has some pilots that he respects for skill, or that he respects for attitude & manners (I place that WAY above any "skillz" in cartoon planes) and enjoys flying with or against them

Such Top 10 lists suffer from lack of common criterias, favoritism, underestimation of low-profile players in off-peak timezone, "aces were much better in AH1" nostalgica and so on.  They are as valid & useful as other crappy lists like "500 Greates Albums of All Time"
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »
Well said.

There are a bunch more that should make the list, including yourself. You pwned me pretty good the other night.Then those you added and there's also
1. Kilz
2. Karaya
3. Jaxxo
4. Birdo(haven't seen in long long time)
5. Agent360
6. Coronado
7. ChainGun
8. Kermit
9. Angry
10. Bear76

and the list goes on.

Any list that includes Karaya is not worth salt in my opinion!!!!   :lol

<S>
Karaya

Spazzy

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2008, 11:13:32 AM »
Any list that contains Jaxxo and Birdback, but not me, is obviously worthless.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »
any list that contains my name is worthless =/
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »
< owns BiP!
-AoM-

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »
I know that KoTh has its flaws...but for those guys making top ten lists I think it is a great wakeup call to fly a few rounds and get pwned by guys you have never heard of or seen before

And for any imperfections KoTh is great..i wish i could make some more  :saluteof them but they always seem to be out of synch with my schedule...

For my money they are too long...I have never flown more then a few rounds at a time and I want action too much to be "smart".  But it is a blast and more should give it a shot!
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »
Maybe it should be required that all participants of KOTH film their flight and send it in before anyone is called a winner.  If you don't send your film in, you can't participate in the next one.  Just an idea.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
< owns BiP!
and yes you have a couple of times...but i have you a couple...you are one of the best fights i can get
i love my scotchy poo
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2008, 04:00:20 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART