Author Topic: Snapshot 8-27-00 Memphis Belle  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Snapshot 8-27-00 Memphis Belle
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2000, 02:36:00 PM »
It was my first special event - and I enjoyed every second of it!!!  

Thx to Udie for a great spectacle - can almost imagine what it was like in the war - pretty terrifying i'd think.

The b17 shot down by Nath was yours truly, and I'm shocked that you all find my demise so enjoyable!  

If i could only get the damn film viewer to work I'd be able to admire it myself (can anyone help there?).

Sorry Wilf, for taking your kill - great leadership of the flight!!!

Desperate now for another special event, MA doesn't seem the same.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2000, 11:27:00 AM »
I can't get the film to work either.  

I helped shoot one offa your six (I got the assist you got the kill   .

Sorry that Nath got you, it is really hard to stop a determined 109, 190 or Hog pilot. It often ends up a suicide for the fighter pilot, he gets you by hanging on your six while you shred him with your 50s, and you both go down. Even with a wing gone, the fighters still hang in there on my six and shred my bomber. I now don't shop shooting a fighter on my six until he explodes.

Nath was shot down later, if that is any comfort.

[This message has been edited by AKFokerFoder+ (edited 08-30-2000).]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2000, 02:46:00 AM »
It was really good to be in a close formation so we could help each other, thx  . I find i do shoot down quite a few fighters in the b17, i've had 4 kill runs in it before - i think luck has something to do with it...

I can't get any films to work on the film viewer, no matter how hard i try, which is very frustrating  .

I was not manning the guns when Nath started his run - I was trying to keep formation with the rest of the flight - should have payed more attention to the fighters around!

Getting shot down didn't spoil the fun - I'd bombed the target and got a kill, so getting killed rounded off the experience  .
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
Just saw the Nath kill film - it was a good clean, well set-up move - and I was so close to home as well!

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2000, 02:47:00 PM »
How'd you get the film to run?  

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2000, 03:03:00 PM »
AKFF - I was loading up the film and then pressing play. Doesn't work.

I played around with it and found that if u press play BEFORE loading the film, it works. Maybe this is idiosyncratic of my copy of AH, but if it isn't, its very counter-intuitive.

Good film though  .

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2000, 06:07:00 PM »
I agree, the film viewer is quite counter-intuitive. Well at least it works.

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)