Author Topic: Syrian Nukes  (Read 2882 times)

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Re: Syrian Nukes
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2008, 11:41:12 PM »
Harassing with nukes? I think nuking the USA is somewhat beyond the scope of harassment.

However if you believe Syria would give nukes to terrorists, why in your opinion haven't they already given terrorists chemical or biological weapons? Or do you believe that they have done that?

neither of us can know whether or not they have now can we, but its been proven that Syria supplied some of the missiles used in the most recent Lebanon war, one attack on an Israeli ship left pieces of a Chinese made-Syrian marked uav embedded in the ships hull...
Whats to stop them from taking it to the next level in the supply and demand terrorist market.

Or lets take your "devils advocate" view: Why would the proven #2 funder and supporter of hezbollah(only 2nd to Iran) give hezbollah more advanced weaponry then the usual delivery, what would be their motivation to give their puppet organization groups nukes?

Thinking helps before opening one's mouth...

Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2008, 11:50:27 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Israel, for the fact they are a country based on a single faith occuping land that is the nexus point of many religions from around the globe. The land should be international land and belong to no one...

That said, I'd sooner trust Israel with nuclear weapons, bioweapons, and any other 'Weapon of Mass Destruction' before I'd trust Syria with a slingshot. History has shown the true aggressor time and time again.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2008, 12:08:47 AM »
neither of us can know whether or not they have now can we...

Well we can find out if they have used such weapons can't we? I think a terrorist attack on Israel using chemical or biological weapons would feature quite prominently in western media ... so I guess that there have been no such attacks. And since it is the general consensus here that Syria supported Hezbollah are fanatics that wouldn't hesitate to use such weapons I must conclude that Syria indeed have not supplied them with such weapons. Further more since it is then a matter of fact that Syria already has refrained from supplying WMD to terrorists I must conclude that there is no reason to think they would do so if they had nukes.

Yes ... it does help to think. :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:10:43 AM by Lumpy »
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

-Archangel Gabriel, The P

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2008, 12:10:38 AM »
Well we can find out if they have used such weapons can't we? I think a terrorist attack on Israel using chemical or biological weapons would feature quite prominently in western media ... so I guess that there have been no such attacks. And since it is the general consensus here that Syria supported Hezbollah are fanatics that wouldn't hesitate to use such weapons I must conclude that Syria indeed have not supplied them with such weapons. Further more I must conclude that since it is then a matter of fact that Syria already has refrained from supplying WMD to terrorists I must conclude that there is no reason to think they would do so if they had nukes.

Yes ... it does help to think. :)
ever think they might not posses the dirty weapons or wmds yet?...
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2008, 12:12:22 AM »
ever think they might not posses the dirty weapons or wmds yet?...

No, I'm quite convinced they do.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/syria/cw.htm
“I’m an angel. I kill first borns while their mommas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even – when I feel like it – rip the souls from little girls and now until kingdom come the only thing you can count on, in your existence, is never ever understanding why.”

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2008, 01:18:52 AM »
If Israel and the US were to act based on world opinion of what is fair or just everyone would have nukes and the countdown to doomsday clock would likely have already wound down. Fortunately there are still those here and there who keep their own council of what is in their own best interest and act accordingly. Let Syria have nukes? Hell no, even if the devil's advocate thinks it only fair. 
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2008, 01:26:16 AM »
You simply have to ask yourself what Syria has provided to the killers of Women and Children.

How much has syria paid to the suicide bomber's families who bombed Public Transportation Busses?

Probably not as much as the Saudis

I'm not a big fan of Israel, for the fact they are a country based on a single faith occuping land that is the nexus point of many religions from around the globe. The land should be international land and belong to no one...

That said, I'd sooner trust Israel with nuclear weapons, bioweapons, and any other 'Weapon of Mass Destruction' before I'd trust Syria with a slingshot. History has shown the true aggressor time and time again.

I actually read it 3-2 against Isreal for invasions...but I wouldn't let any of them have nuclear weapons...but considering the India and Pakistan (Pakistan also supports terrorism) have nukes and a similar love of each other - meh, whats the difference...

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2008, 01:42:35 AM »

I actually read it 3-2 against Isreal for invasions

Tronsky

At least one of those invasions on the Isreali's part was provoked. I forget which year it was, but Isreal invaded, IIRC, Lebanon, because Lebanon was supporting PLO, and PLO had just attempted to assasinate an Isreali diplomat.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2008, 02:33:42 AM »
crack me up sideways... lumpy really leaves some lumps.

of course the real question is... if the holocaust occurred in europe why is there a present day warsaw memorial ghetto in palastine.

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2008, 02:34:16 AM »
If Israel and the US were to act based on world opinion of what is fair or just everyone would have nukes and the countdown to doomsday clock would likely have already wound down. Fortunately there are still those here and there who keep their own council of what is in their own best interest and act accordingly. Let Syria have nukes? Hell no, even if the devil's advocate thinks it only fair. 

Of course, but then you would have to act alone or with a small coalition of like-minded. Your track record for such operations isn't exactly stellar, and is getting worse every day.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2008, 02:35:24 AM »
crack me up sideways... lumpy really leaves some lumps.

of course the real question is... if the holocaust occurred in europe why is there a present day warsaw memorial ghetto in palastine.

:huh
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2008, 02:38:48 AM »
At least one of those invasions on the Isreali's part was provoked. I forget which year it was, but Isreal invaded, IIRC, Lebanon, because Lebanon was supporting PLO, and PLO had just attempted to assasinate an Isreali diplomat.

Heh, "provoked" by PLO assassination attempt. How many times have the Israelis tried (and often succeeded in) assassinating people?

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2008, 02:42:31 AM »
Heh, "provoked" by PLO assassination attempt. How many times have the Israelis tried (and often succeeded in) assassinating people?

Would you care to provide an example? (a legitimate one, not some speculation, or some claim by some 3rd world Islamic hellhole)

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2008, 02:48:58 AM »
Would you care to provide an example? (a legitimate one, not some speculation, or some claim by some 3rd world Islamic hellhole)
This is where I must step in, I wasnt around for the first lebanon war, and I still disagree with what happend there, just like most americans and vietnam. Israel does target heads of terrorist organisitions and high ranking members of hamas, and we usually get the job done. But look at it this way, 1 missle from an apache just killed the man who planed the bombing of a civilian bus station that killed hundreds, that put an end to his career, or how about the planners of last years passover eve bombings, or the cafe bombings, or the bus bombings, or the plane hijackings, or the soldier kidnappings....
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets

Offline Lumpy

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2008, 02:53:09 AM »

Take your pick. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_assassinations

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1258187.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/sep/25/israel

http://www.wrmea.com/archives/november02/0211015.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1182590.stm

Btw. didn't you see Spielberg's film "Munich"? By all rights several European nations should invade Israel after being "provoked" by Israeli assassinations. ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:56:00 AM by Lumpy »