Author Topic: Last night in the AVA....  (Read 1650 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Last night in the AVA....
« on: April 28, 2008, 07:18:39 AM »
Had a great time last night in the AVA. Oldman and flatiron and all the rest. the 353's were in there too. it was great sport. Minus some unprofessional behavior by one or 2 unmentioned parties it was a really good time. we had several great Furballs, and some really good pilot stuff going on.

the AVA is slowly becoming what it should be, a class act. everyone is behaving acording to professional standards. and most everyone is abiding by unwritten rules of conduct and engagement.

its a better place in my opinion. thanks to everyone that was there last night. Lets keep the behavior at the level that it is. hope to see you again!!  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Last night in the AVA....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »
everyone is behaving acording to professional standards. and most everyone is abiding by unwritten rules of conduct and engagement.

Although this game is by no means a profession ... I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and I'm glad it met your expectations. And, if you'd noticed, I've always said players can take charge of their own behavior without it being forced upon them via a seperate set of rules for this arena that applies nowhere else in the game. I just take it one step further and have no expectations of my opponent other than they doing any and everything in their power to beat me, whether I hold myself to a "gunfighter's code" or not. I may even anticipate it ... expect it. I've even given up on attempting to convince players that whining isn't very inspirational.

Funny how things just sometimes work out without all the extra effort some would rush into.  :salute

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:07:46 AM »
Ohhhh, thats funny Arlo.  Maybe, just maybe, things were good because the old faces and old AvA was back?  I know for a fact the moment the two zipcoads showed up, the name calling and no fighting begun again.  I think if we leave the AvA as is, it will continue to be like this (when the old faces are there).

Bring the war back, and the zipcoads name calling and 0 fights will be back also.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »
No war and this place will be the echo it was in a months time. :rofl
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:17:35 AM »
Ohhhh, thats funny Arlo.  Maybe, just maybe, things were good because the old faces and old AvA was back?  I know for a fact the moment the two zipcoads showed up, the name calling and no fighting begun again.  I think if we leave the AvA as is, it will continue to be like this (when the old faces are there).

Bring the war back, and the zipcoads name calling and 0 fights will be back also.

Amen

You mean before you guys come to AH? Back when 10-15 people could have great fights without having to deal with people that just want to bomb sheds?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:19:39 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 10:25:34 AM »

And maybe ... just maybe ... next week ... two weeks from now ... next month ... arena left as is or not ... someone won't get vulched ... or ganged ... or faceshot (or perceived so) ... and maybe they won't complain in public how bad things have suddenly turned and how much that dastardly player (or players) is/are at fault. That, of course, will be a first. A record, if you will. Funny or not. ;)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »

One can only hope.  Just like everything else, quantity does not mean quality. 

FYI, it did not look very empty to me over the weekend

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »
Then you really have no complaints and no reason to express any angst now. Right? Carry on.  :salute :D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »
And maybe ... just maybe ... next week ... two weeks from now ... next month ... arena left as is or not ... someone won't get vulched ... or ganged ... or faceshot (or perceived so) ... and maybe they won't complain in public how bad things have suddenly turned and how much that dastardly player (or players) is/are at fault. That, of course, will be a first. A record, if you will. Funny or not. ;)

I have no idea what your point is.  There was some vulching, some face shooting, and some ganging.  The difference is that it was not the norm.  The norm was good fights.  If someone posted something about it, would it change anything for me or anyone else?

What does someone whining as you call it have to do with the AvA being fun?

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 10:34:21 AM »
We had a good time in there last night, but there was a lot of channel 200 whining going on about vulching.  While I was not participating in the vulching, I did see it taking place on both sides. 

I will agree it doesn't take a lot of skill for a person to vulch, but I really don't understand how anyone would up at a known capped field then cry about it when they get vulched.  I was dodging 190's vulching our field all evening and I even got taken out a time or two by them.  Not once did it occur to me to cry about it on the radio, because I was the idiot that rolled knowing they were there.

I also have to mention there was a good episode of dogfights on last night; the night fighters.  They sure had a lot of vulching and HO's going on in WWII from the looks of it guys.  All I'm saying is it's a part of combat aviation, so deal with it however you see fit, but don't blame the vulcher when you knowingly take off into a fight.  HO's fall into the same catagory, avoid them and it can't happen to you.  I fell victem to an HO or two last night as well and all I thought each time I should of rolled out of it sooner; my fault. 

Tonight is one of our squad nights and we will be in the arena in force to be the punching bag for the axis again. <S>
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43:10 AM »
I have no idea what your point is. 

And you probably never will. Jaeger started out well in his post, talking about how fun it all was and how nice it all was and then it slipped into:

"the AVA is slowly becoming what it should be, a class act. everyone is behaving acording to professional standards. and most everyone is abiding by unwritten rules of conduct and engagement."

Which, I hate to remind all, is a bs illusion of the most deluded degree. It had nothing to do with everyone abiding by anything other than what they felt like doing, at the time. Anyone who believes otherwise is just setting themselves up to whine and moan a month from now (or less). I never could understand why players of this game convince themselves that it's anything but what it is, by design, and therefore drive themselves to misery and attempt to take others with them. Which is why I'm glad some seem to feel there's a respite from it - real or imagined - permanent or not. Perhaps there may even be a whole day without some inane complaint over something really not worth complaining about.

I'm as happy as the other clams over this. :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 10:46:54 AM »
We better hurry and make another thread telling people not to put CVs near shore. You know because thats what arlo wants. :rolleyes:
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 10:51:31 AM »
Advice, monsieur. Advice. Eloquently worded and tastefully offered. Not anything like riding the "Look at me I'm a spy! Look at me I'm a spy!" hurt feelings dead horse around for all to see for a month. :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »
lol I was never riding the whole spy thing. I was pretty much laughing at all the idiots who were following the king idiot hunglo.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 11:14:02 AM »
I will agree it doesn't take a lot of skill for a person to vulch, but I really don't understand how anyone would up at a known capped field then cry about it when they get vulched. 

For this reason:  The vulch keeps you from getting to a real fight.  Your alternative is to up from a base further away, so that you waste time getting back to the fight.

In a base capture situation, when goons are on the way in, even I can understand why people vulch.  But in this week's setup there is no real likelihood that any base will be captured, much less that goons will be on the way in.  Vulching in those circumstances is done only to spoil someone's fun, or to obtain a non-challenging kill.  Neither of these goals is viewed with much respect by many of the AvA players.  Hence the complaints.

- oldman