Author Topic: Last night in the AVA....  (Read 1651 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Last night in the AVA....
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
hey arlo, when was the last time you were in the AVA?

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 11:46:18 AM »
almost positive someone let me live as I was trying to land my damaged la5 last night. I mean they had dead all the way. thanks .

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 12:19:20 PM »
I will agree it doesn't take a lot of skill for a person to vulch, but I really don't understand how anyone would up at a known capped field then cry about it when they get vulched. 

But you do understand why you would cap a field you have no intention of taking?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 12:30:19 PM »
It was a great time in that furball.  Good fights and numbers.  N72 took me out three time and land 12 kills.  He is a dam good stick.  :salute  Little HO, got vulch once.  Other then that, it was fun.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
But you do understand why you would cap a field you have no intention of taking?

Sure I do, to control the location of the fight and keep the vulchers away from your favorite airfield.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »
almost positive someone let me live as I was trying to land my damaged la5 last night. I mean they had dead all the way. thanks .

that was probably me flatiron, i was flying back and forth over the runway, you were smoking, i didnt see any sense is wasting you, i had an unfair advantage. i must say i thought about it though hehehehe. i was actually trying to see how many of you guys i could get to chase me at once. it was pretty funny from my point of view.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:58:45 PM by captain1ma »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 12:50:54 PM »

the incident in question involved a IL-2 and me and oldman. he vulched Oldman 2 times. i went after him. he wasnt trying to cap the base, he was just being greedy. guess no one told him there are no points in AVA.

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »
Jeager I know who it was and why he does it.  He's one of my pilots and he's onery as an old goat, my advice is to avoid him or make things rough on him.  Like I said, before, it doesn't take any skill to vulch, but on the other hand it only takes a second to check the dar before you roll to make sure it's safe to roll.

I'm not trying to make this a "who can pee the farthest" matter, but it's a simple fact, people are going to HO and Vulch, if not my guy then somebody else. You guys are good sticks in here, do what you need to do to survive.  You won't see me crying that you picking on my pilot if you squeeze him a little.  We try to keep a fighter or two over our field while we land or take off to keep things a little safer for those at a disadvantage.  <S>
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »
So it wasnt you and your guys crying that time I was vulching with my tiger?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »
hey arlo, when was the last time you were in the AVA?

Last night. Couple of sorties. And this means whining isn't a bad habit for some how? :D

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »
So it wasnt you and your guys crying that time I was vulching with my tiger?

I can't speak for my guys TK, but it sure wasn't me.  <S>
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »
Jeager I know who it was and why he does it.  He's one of my pilots and he's onery as an old goat, my advice is to avoid him or make things rough on him.  Like I said, before, it doesn't take any skill to vulch, but on the other hand it only takes a second to check the dar before you roll to make sure it's safe to roll.

I'm not trying to make this a "who can pee the farthest" matter, but it's a simple fact, people are going to HO and Vulch, if not my guy then somebody else. You guys are good sticks in here, do what you need to do to survive.  You won't see me crying that you picking on my pilot if you squeeze him a little.  We try to keep a fighter or two over our field while we land or take off to keep things a little safer for those at a disadvantage.  <S>

Please enlighten us.  Why does he do it?  The if not him then some one else is BS, since he was the only one doing it.  Same goes for your controlling the location of the fight.  Total BS.  If you are not trying to capture the base and there is no war going on, why vulch?  Who knows, if you come up with a good reason people will stop whining about it and view you and your squad differently?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 03:08:56 PM »
LOL dedalos, I already said why he does it and he surely wasn't the only one doing it.  We were dodging vulching 190's all evening and you don't see us crying about it.  I'm only here to fly with my buddy's and have a good time, so believe me when I say I could care less about what you think.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill about a few guys vulching, grow up and get over it.  They, the allied and axis pilots that were vulching, are adults and pay for their own accounts; it's none of mine or your business how they choose to fly.  I'd rather deal with the HO's and Vulchers than listen to all the juvenile taunts and whining that takes place on channel 200. :salute

Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »
I flew my first sorties yesterday in AvA for the Allies and these were my observations. Saw Arlo, among other Allies, get vulched and heard an Axis vet complain about a vulch after he had disengaged from a fight to head back to his field and try to land for whatever reason. Saw an Axis plane vulched. Almost all fights I had were in or near Axis flak or two/three on one (not saying all Axis ganging), though the last three on two was fun. Axis flak on end of Allied runway trying to vulch. Axis Panzer running around Allied base. Every merge began with glowing dots coming at my windscreen.

Seemed like the MA to me, perhaps a tad worse if possible (given the short time frame). Enjoyable arena though. Sounds like both parties would like these actions to stop. The only way to control this is by peer pressure. If vulchers and HOers are chastised by friends and foe alike they will probably relent or move on.  If these actions are wanted, just let it continue, no big deal either way.

Just my observation of only one visit to AvA. I am sure over time things look different. Had fun, I'll be back to provide the Axis more kills. :D

:salute
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 03:42:53 PM »
  I'd rather deal with the HO's and Vulchers than listen to all the juvenile taunts and whining that takes place on channel 200. :salute

Then why not detune 200 and stop whining about all the whining beeing done on 200?

Sounds like both parties would like these actions to stop. The only way to control this is by peer pressure. If vulchers and HOers are chastised by friends and foe alike they will probably relent or move on.  If these actions are wanted, just let it continue, no big deal either way.

Watch out with that kind of talk youll get arlo in here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 03:46:02 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner