Author Topic: first friday nite SE 3-16-01  (Read 830 times)

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
first friday nite SE 3-16-01
« on: March 16, 2001, 09:40:00 PM »
   DFADDOG  great event we scouted for cons >>in A6M5B<< COS WERE SITED near a25 at >>>30k by god heheh...reports 20+ f6fs ..at 29k sited engament that was under way .vised cons at 5oc comeing in fast pulled a hard turn got on the 6oc of a f6f got em in my sites fired >>rat tat tat f6f started smokeing   he turned hard right and dove  me on his tail ready for the kill>>>sweat poring in eyes <<< made a turn while diveing
  >>>and the lites went out  killed throttle and eng but had no idea from up or dn   well   i hit the ground ..that was that  >>only problum i saw was i need to fly the dam thing more then twice befor i go to battle  great fun i give it a thumbs up 100% ONLY OTHER THING MAYBE TELL US WHAT PLANES A LITTLE AHEAD OF TIME SOS I CAN PRATICE SOME ..HEHEH ALL

------------------
DRIL
L
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2001, 10:28:00 PM »
Was a lot of fun.Over 80 pilots I think?

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
I have a film from my POV..  http://www.geocities.com/weissdr1/download.html

Tell me if you can't get the d/l to work. Sometimes geocities blows chunks and nothing works.
-SW

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2001, 12:05:00 AM »
Drill you beat me to it.    I might as well post here.

<snip>
Well I can say that if numbers alone tell how successful an event is then this was by far the most successful Snapshot we have ever held. The numbers were close to 90!   I can only hope most of those that showed up enjoyed themselves.  As a CM that is really the measure of success.

Special thanks goes to Manedew and Cobra for being C.O.'s Manedew was reluctantly was the American C.O. and I was of little help to him once the ball was rolling. Thanks to Rip for helping him out.  

1st Kill went to Supongo
2nd Kill went to Manedew
3rd Kill went to Corwin.
After that I lost track.  

The numbers are as follows:

At roll 39 IJN, 41 American, by 5 minutes after roll it was 43 IJN 42 American. Shortly after that 10bears closed the CV's.

Americans lost 20 Hellcats and 4 PT boats.  Total 460 points
Japanese Navy lost 32 Zeros and 7 PT boats. Total 280 points

Though this points to an obvious American victory, but it was not without a cost.  Both sides scored numerous kills with two huge dogfights taking place 80 miles apart.  

Below are three screen shots showing how the groups merged and found each other.  The last of the three radar pictures it became impossible to tell friend from foe.  The yellow circles show areas of greatest action. The action to the West was very concentrated. While to the East it became a running dogfight of sorts.

<S> To all who came and fought over the Pacific waters.

------------------------
CM daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots & Check 6!

Experience is the knowledge that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
<snip>
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2001, 12:07:00 AM »
Oops.... double post.

[This message has been edited by daddog (edited 03-17-2001).]
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2001, 01:37:00 AM »
I have to admit to a lot of confusion in the begining of this event (well, it was my first one!).

CV numbers were almost impossible to read on the map, and there were a lot of conflicting reports of where to assemble. I think I changed C.V. six times!

Perhaps it would be easier if the introductory text message simply said something along the lines of

IJN go ===> Field XX; For briefing, tune channel 5 to xxx
USNAF go ====> Field XX, For briefing, tune channel 5 to xxx

My first event, and, dare I say it, the first time I've missed Airwarrior. Whilst AH is a far better sim, Airwarrior seems to have been built with more facilities (ready rooms and briefing rooms where you can see who's present)to enable these events. Perhaps some attention could be given to this in the next patch?

Nonetheless, most enjoyable, and thank you to the organisers.

funked

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2001, 03:05:00 AM »
Well I was the IJN leader in the east.  Our plan went great.  We seperated into three patrol groups, and the Allies flew right into the middle group, and that group dragged them to our other two groups who came screaming in from the sides.

I was the first to die though!  I shot at one Hellcat and then had another lined up and was pelting him with 20 mm shells when I hear Hitech saying "Check Your Six" a few times.  "Aww screw it, I want the kill!" and I kept blazing at the kitty.  Then PING CRASH my wing is gone.  WTG Supongo.    

After that I don't know how it went, but I think superior USN pilots (I saw some VF and VMF in there) and superior equipment ruled the day (as it should).

It was a a cool scenario and I was glad to see such a large turnout!

<S> CMs and participants!!!

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 03-17-2001).]

funked

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2001, 03:07:00 AM »

ready rooms and briefing rooms where you can see who's present

We have this, it's called the "tower" or the "map room".  Hit the "room" button to see who's present.  Use channel 3 to communicate with pilots in the room.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2001, 03:49:00 AM »
Great job daddog. You put a lot into making these things right, and it shows.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2001, 06:16:00 AM »
Thanks, Funked; learning more each day.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
 Jeeesh. I forgot al about that Funked.Thanks!

Honestlty? That would be a very good addition the the "Order of The Day" screen (or whatever it's called) that pops up when you arrive in the arena.

-Westy

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
WOW!!

Having no clue what was going on I just followed Cobra till we engaged.

We flew to the South and West of our fleet and wandered over the complex S of 24 taking light and inaccurate AA fire.

The enemy was spotted to our SE and off we went and engaged just West of a cloud bank that eventually led to my undoing.

I made a big mistake and lost Cobra and for the next 10 minutes I flew around seeing many friendly and enemy planes in desperate combat in and around the cloud bank.

I made a couple of totally ineffective passes when I had position but with no hits.

About the time I was patting myself on the back for actually lasting this long I saw two Hellcats ahead and below over the clouds.

I took a shot at one as we passed but missed and somehow I ended up diving on one through the clouds and as we came out under them I found myself in the midst of six Hellcats....imagine my surprise!

I was three words into writing my last will and testament before they shot me.

I bailed into captivity.

This was my first fighter SE and it was great, thanks to all involved.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »

Originally posted by funked:
I was the first to die though!  I shot at one Hellcat and then had another lined up and was pelting him with 20 mm shells when I hear Hitech saying "Check Your Six" a few times.  "Aww screw it, I want the kill!" and I kept blazing at the kitty.  Then PING CRASH my wing is gone.  WTG Supongo.      

Unfortunately this was as much the fault of Funked's as it was mine, since I was his wingman.

I got seperated from Funked during our turn towards the battle area because I broke left instead of right at first. I went from 100yds away from my FL to 2.4K behind him. When I arrived, Funked already dove in and my poor little zero couldn't handle the dive without locking up. I kept trying to lose alt, but each time I pulled up to avoid a Hellkitten or to lose some speed, I already gained 2 or 3K. Shortly after Funked went down, I lined up on a Hellcat that began the dance of "spanking your monkey"(stick stirring) when I was behind him. I kept on him though and eventually removed his outer right wing. I thought it was his tail section, so I broke off. Nevertheless, 10 minutes later he crashed (he became Kill #2 because I would kill someone else between him running and then crashing). Before he crashed, I chased another Hellcat, then got back into the furball where I turned into a Hellcat that flew right below me. I fired my cannons into him, and watched his right wing fall off and burst into flames. Kill #1, then I began chasing another Hellcat with Regurge. Regurge would get the kill, but just as that Hellcat blew up(in front of me), my first target had crashed.. Kill #2 (Supongo.. I avenged your death Funked!! :-). Kill #3 came a bit later when me, Khaalid2 and Regurge were heading towards our fleet. 3 Hellcats were chasing us, so Regurge broke back. Since I dumped my DT early(on accident), I only had 25% left in my tanks... but I couldn't just leave the area. I turned back to help out Regurge. When I pulled up behind one Hellcat, there was another one right behind me. I broke as hard as I could, but he got some hits. Now my right tank was leaking and I was streaming fuel from both sides. After a long daisy chain fight, I shot up a Hellcat with my pea shooters and eventually he stalled in a manuever and crashed. Kill #3, Creamo. Then I turned for home and Regurge got his 4th kill(giving me an assist). I was forced to ditch about 15 miles from my carrier when my fuel expired.

It was a fun fight, and as I said above, there is my film if you want to see it. It starts just after takeoff and ends when I ditch.

S! All that were there especially Funked, Regurge and Khaalid2!
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2001, 08:20:00 AM »
Late on posting, MAG-33 was one wing in the West, we did fairly well!  Had a blast! <S> to all, and expect to see me every Fri night!

Edit, er, WEST!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-20-2001).]