Author Topic: "The Doolittle Raiders" Final Film Version  (Read 3308 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Re: "The Doolittle Raiders" Final Film Version
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
with every comment a kermits head gets a little bigger...hehe

making this film was awsome. and kermit actually didnt yell at me one time yayyyyyyyy. anyways. one thing i learned from kermit is this...

1 hour = 4 hours
1-2 hours = 6 hours

who would have guessed! frogs have their own time apparently!

its a great film kermy! not sure if i told you that enough. you did an awsome job and it was an honor to help you make it. my favorite seen was when the b25's flew over the carrier. looked just like the pics i found. look forward to the next film when you figure one out to do that is :)

and for the 2nd part of filming. we was all just DYING to shoot each other down. it was hard not to just give a little pull of the trigger when everyone was in front of me!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 01:40:33 AM »
 :lol

Betty, you guys were shooting each other down all the time!
 :lol

Dugy was a tad hyper, always wanted to shot someone down.  Condor seemed to like flying into a few trees.  Nisky's first try at taking off ended up hitting his prop on the side rail before he could even get airborne(shot of Doolittle's b25 moving into position before takeoff).  I think Nisky augered on the 2nd try too!  A few others augered into the sea (it was as tough for us as it was for the real pilots, since we also had 100% fuel and 2k worth of ord during takeoff).  Wannab always flying in a circle over that one island was hilarious...."you better not still be over the island wannab, I'm not going to film you unless you find a better shoreline!"..."Damnit!, alright, I give up, lets just film what you got".  (shot of b25 with red sky and island off in the distance)  The time I augered into the tree while filming a side shot under the tree line...editing is wonderful!  Or the time I had a few good shots, then someone would talk on range "did that look good, Kermit?" and ruin the audio...don't worry I had fun dubbing that out... :mad:

Oh, almost forgot about HB augering his zero seconds after takeoff!  And also, "Betty, the other hanger...get over there...no, the other hanger, not next to HB, get next to the other hanger!".  I didn't even use that shot... :t

Okay, last one, "alright nisky, lead the way for the fly over shot, I'd like you to fly slightly left of the CV".  "Uh Nisky, I don't see you guys in the view yet".  (He lead the entire group to the right of the task group!).  Oh lag was a factor as we all saw each other in different positions so lining up was fun too.  Those that didn't know how to backup, as well as taking off in fully loaded b25s on a CV, were taught and practiced for a few minutes before we started to film.  Most of the sound effects came from game sounds and other sound packs.  The sounds were either ran through an equalizer a few times, slowed down 10x and sometimes mixed together to create new sounds.  Many of the sound effects were added in and you'd never know any different.  Everything you hear and see is there for a reason.  I'll explain what each scene means later on in another post for those that are interested.

The idea started as a 5 minute film for promoting the then FSO event, but ended up as a loose documentary film.  The energy those 13 other pilots brang that first night, was tremendous and pushed it into a bigger project than even I expected.  We had fun making this and we hope you all enjoyed the film.  I find myself tearing up a bit (on the inside of course) whenever I watch this film as I think about the Doolittle Raiders, just as I felt when I was first reading about them on various websites the weekend before we started the film project.

I hope you learned about who Jimmy was and also his experiences he had in life that made him the right man for the job at the right time.  I hope that you could see why this mission was done, the message it had to say to Japan and the various ups and downs the mission had to go through.  If you ever have a chance to meet the surviving Doolittle Raiders, I hope you can shake their hand and know what they had to go through on that particular day, and yet, many continued to serve fighting the war after that event.  Many of their life's accomplishments only started on April 18, 1942.

:salute

Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »
If you ever have a chance to meet the surviving Doolittle Raiders, I hope you can shake their hand and know what they had to go through on that particular day, and yet, many continued to serve fighting the war after that event.  Many of their life's accomplishments only started on April 18, 1942.

My mum worked with the wife of one of them. He survived, but had to sit the war out in a Russian PoW camp.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 07:15:22 AM »
Kermit, can't get the page to load.  Can it be posted on Youtube?

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »
Bravo Kermit and crew. Well done and a great Historical reference!

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 07:47:53 AM »
Kermit, can't get the page to load.  Can it be posted on Youtube?

Hap, I had a time getting it as it seemed to load slowly for me. Go to the page http://www.aceshighmovies.com/ click on the image on the lower left side for the movie, or go here.
http://www.aceshighmovies.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,78/Itemid,27/

At the bottom of the description is another download button. (link here)
http://www.aceshighmovies.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,78/Itemid,27/

Hope that gets it for you.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 08:48:15 AM »
K, thanks!  But the 1st page won't load.  Not even to the point of clicking on anything.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 10:03:07 AM »
Then try the last link I added above, it starts the download...344MB. Are you on dialup? What about a firewall setting? Are you getting a message?

Edit: I am not sure ewetoob would allow a file that size...that's why I am saying try the d/l link. It should give you the Open Save options. Choose "Save" of course. Then go paint a room!  :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 10:11:07 AM by K-KEN »

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 12:42:52 PM »
K, thanks!  But the 1st page won't load.  Not even to the point of clicking on anything.

Grrr!  This is the last straw I've had with IPOWER (our server host).

Hap, the problem isn't on your end, it's on our server end.  I sincerely apologize with the down time.  We will be moving forth switch server host companies at a faster pace.  This is the 2nd time in a week that all my sites have been down.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
Grrr!  This is the last straw I've had with IPOWER (our server host).

Hap, the problem isn't on your end, it's on our server end.  I sincerely apologize with the down time.  We will be moving forth switch server host companies at a faster pace.  This is the 2nd time in a week that all my sites have been down.

Sent you a PM on this. I was able earlier to access the site, that's how I got the links but its hosed now.  :cry

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 07:21:12 AM »
The site works for all I have referred it to.
All have said it is an excellent production.
:aok Take a bow you green amphibian freak :aok
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »
The site works for all I have referred it to.
All have said it is an excellent production.
:aok Take a bow you green amphibian freak :aok

Yes, the site is up now.  However, we'll be transfering the website to a new server host either today or tomorrow.  Please expect downtime.  The new host seems to be a lot better and faster than the current one.  Sorry for the inconveniences. 
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »
<S> Fulmar, thanks for continuing to host this film and the other 20+ films you have on your site.

From the 14 pilots who made this film, we thank you all for the great compliments.  These high energy posts will only help motivate, rejuvenate and inspire the next story.

Until next time,

Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 03:21:15 PM »
Simply outstanding Kermit.  Well worth the download time

:aok

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 05:58:59 AM »
Amazing film and cinematography work!  :aok

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.