Author Topic: Bend Over Democrats...  (Read 7499 times)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
Re: Bend Over Democrats...
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »
I really can't imagine Obama picking Clinton as VP. Her and Bill always playing for attention his entire term if elected, trying to upstage him, stab him in the back and work to replace him 4 years down the road. A case where "keep your enemies closer" would be too much of a PITA. Unless she REALLY would be happy to end her career as VP... or Run 8 years down the road... Longshots on both, IMO.

McCains in for a fight. regardless of who Obama picks to run with

I would like to disagree with you Drediock (really really would),  but I never expected Bush to win his second term even with the turd the Democrats floated as his opponent. The will of the American people is an odd one indeed.

Hey, if Barry does win at least we MAY get a chance to have a decent Senator in his district now.

Here's the real kicker. If Obama's initial Senatorial opponent's Jack Ryan's wife actress Jeri Ryan (7 of 9 from Star Trek) hadn't been so hot and her hubby a bit of a exhibitionist at heart we wouldn't be in this mess today. "From hell's heart, I stab at thee -- Jack Ryan! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee." (The Wrath of Campaign (2004) -- IMDb)

Obama benefited from a Republican sex scandal that didn't involve some gay tryst for a change :) Quite the opposite, in fact. :aok

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/stancho/413_Jeri_Ryan_SEXY_SEE_THRU_NIP_SLIP_Signed_8x10_WOW___.jpg

Ryan married actress Jeri Ryan in 1991; together they have a son, Alex Ryan. They divorced in 1999 in California, and the records of the divorce were sealed at their mutual request. Five years later, when Ryan's Senate campaign began, the Chicago Tribune newspaper and WLS-TV, the local ABC affiliate, sought to have the records released. On March 3, 2004, several of Ryan's GOP primary opponents urged release of the records.[5] Both Ryan and his wife agreed to make their divorce records public, but not make the custody records public, claiming that the custody records could be harmful to their son if released. On March 16, 2004, Ryan won the GOP primary with 36 percent to 23 percent against Jim Oberweis who came in second.[6] Obama won the Democratic primary, with 53 percent to 23 percent against Dan Hynes, who came in second.

Barack Obama's backers emailed reporters about the divorce controversy, but refrained from on-the-record commentary about the divorce files.[7] On March 29, 2004, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Schnider ruled that several of the Ryans' divorce records should be opened to the public, and ruled that a court-appointed referee would later decide which custody files should remain sealed to protect the interests of Ryan's young child.[8] The following week, on April 2, 2004, Barack Obama changed his position about the Ryans' soon-to-be-released divorce records, and called on Democrats to not inject them into the campaign.[7] The Ryan campaign characterized Obama's shift as hypocritical, because Obama's backers had been emailing reports about the divorce records prior to Judge Schnider's decision.[7]

On June 22, 2004, after receiving the report from the court-appointed referee, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Schnider released the files that were deemed consistent with the interests of Ryan's young child. In those files, Jeri Ryan alleged that Jack Ryan had taken her to sex clubs in several cities, intending for them to have sex in public.[1] The decision to release these files generated much controversy because it went against both parents' direct request, and because it reversed the earlier decision to seal the papers in the best interest of the child. Jim Oberweis, Ryan's defeated GOP opponent, commented that "these are allegations made in a divorce hearing, and we all know people tend to say things that aren't necessarily true in divorce proceedings when there is money involved and custody of children involved."[1]

Prior to release of the documents, Ryan had told leading Republicans that five percent of the divorce file could cause problems for his campaign.[9] But after the documents were released, GOP officials including state GOP Chair Judy Baar Topinka said they felt Ryan had misleadingly indicated the divorce records would not be embarrassing.[10] That charge of dishonesty led to intensifying calls for Ryan's withdrawal, though Topinka said after the June 25 withdrawal that Ryan's "decision was a personal one" and that the state GOP had not pressured Ryan to drop out.[11] Ryan's campaign ended less than a week after the custody records were opened, and Ryan officially filed the documentation to withdraw on July 29, 2004. The same party leaders who called for Ryan's resignation controversially chose Alan Keyes as Ryan's replacement in the race; Keyes lost to Obama, 27% to 70%.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ryan_(Senate_candidate)

Charon
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 10:52:46 PM by Charon »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 06:32:15 AM »
Get ready for more tough, even-handed reporting like THIS

The Wall Street Journal's James Taranto points out a Times' editorial early last month called for the contenders to fully disclose their medical records.
Three weeks later John McCain released a 1,000 page file to reporters. He also made his personal doctors available for questions during a scheduled 90 minute
conference call that was cut to 45 minutes after questions stopped.

The Times' headline read, "Tight Control on McCain Files and Shortened Question Period."

But when Barack Obama released a one page written statement from his doctor last Friday, the banner was a bit different.

"Obama's Doctor, Praising His Health, Sees No Obstacles to Service."
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 07:51:52 AM »
I suppose  you see some sort of vast left wing media conspiracy there?  :eek:

Looks pretty fair and balanced don't you think?   :lol
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
Obama has youth. People can identify with Obama. They see the latest style
Your Average person simply cant Identify with McCain.
To your average person he just looks like a weak old man from an era that most people would just rather forget about.

historically youth doesn't vote in large numbers - otherwise Kerry would have won by a huge margin.
The black vote is what will swing it for obama if they can bus enough of them into the voting booths ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
Get ready for more tough, even-handed reporting like THIS

The only people who don't know that the NYT is bent sharply to the left believe they themselves are centrists.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
I think his only shot is to pick her and I think he will.

If he picker her as vp he signs his own death warrent.

:noid,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 01:12:57 PM »
If he picker her as vp he signs his own death warrent.

:noid,
Wab

Yeah, there is that.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.