Author Topic: Comments on negative posting and thread locks  (Read 3394 times)

AKSeaWulfe

Comments on negative posting and thread locks
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2001, 06:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fatty:
Do you really want Pyro's time spent writing up an acceptable use policy for the boards, or do you think we could instead ask posters to use a little common sense or risk having them locked.

Or hell... we could actually fly and play the game rather than piss 'n moan on a UBB. Does it ever accomplish anything? No. Why do you continue to do it?
-SW
(not directed at you Fatty)

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
rgr  wulf  ,, you guys take every word typed in here way to seriously ,, I WAS JOKING

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2001, 07:23:00 PM »
I find it amusing that people think that by posting their "common sense" everyone else will see the light and say, "Oh.. that's how it should be. Thanks (whoever)"

What's even more funny is that I am about to do the same thing.

The bottom line is finances. Pay the bills or go out of business. So, let's say you have this business running and you have so many customers that pay you $30.00 to enjoy the service your business provides. You allow about 260 people to enjoy your service at any one time, but usually there is only 200 or so at the most.

You might be making good money, but some more wouldn't hurt. You might be struggling and need some more income.

So, say 15 to 20 people come to you and say, "we'll all join if you let us pay $15.00" Well, that's the equivelent of 7.5 to 10 full price customers... another $225.00 to $300.00.

Well that will sure help pay the bills a little better. If you were $200 short every month, and it was your business, would you take the money or keep dealing from your own pocket?

People have brought up the Bandwith issue. More players is more bandwith. Sure, but only if the arena were full all the time right? Then you would need more bandwith. HTC pays for 260 players worth of bandwith for the MA right now. Does that number ever change?

Someone else made a comment about $/hour for playing and compared to other activities. If you play for 100 hours in a month, you pay $0.30/hour. That's a good deal. If you only play 30 hours, that's $1.00 per hour. That's still a pretty good deal. There is not much else in this world you can pay $1.00/hour for as far as entertainment goes.

The whole price dicounts thing has been talked to death. Let's all play for free, then HTC will go broke, then we'll have no more Aces High. That would be fun  

------------------
Midnight
13th TAS[/i]
        midnight@13thtas.com        

"You tell them I'm coming.. And Hell's coming with me!" -Kurt Russel Tombstone

[This message has been edited by Midnight (edited 04-04-2001).]

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2001, 07:53:00 PM »
My problem is not with controversy, it's with controversy as a form of entertainment.  There's a big difference between raising issues and beefs and trolling for conflict.  The latter was what I was addressing.  

As far as the statement about people preferring to be informed and displeased, that's exactly what I meant about people assuming the worst.  I know we are and have been tight-lipped on the pricing subject.  I'm sorry that I can't shed any light on that subject at this time.  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2001, 10:28:00 PM »
Nice points gordo.

Dealing with the general public can be a royal beeeeeyatch, Great at times, lousy at others. How many of you who know a better way are in the same situation as HTC, trying to grow a business? I'm in a family owned small business myself, and I can tell you it aint no cakewalk. Many hats to wear, you don't just bee-bop in to work 15 minutes late every day. Working all kinds of hours is the norm. You carry it home with you too. Eat, sleep, breathe the stuff because if you don't who will? Burnout is something I've been through a few times myself.

Then you have some customers who you'd like to literally throw out on their ear, they want to show their bellybutton simply because, well, they can!   Showing restraint and professionalism is the hardest thing in the world to do at times, but it's always the way to go.

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
I understand where pyro is coming from.
Why? Because the internal policies and decisions of Hitechcreations are none of our damn business.
And because I've left the sim once before when the "community" as they call it, got too ugly, So did my brotherinlaw, he never came back.
At this point I'm not flying this tour, and debating on maintaining my account, simply put, I do not pay anyone to piss me off, and I'm not willing to start, It's not a flame, And it is a fact, whether you like me or not, that don't matter, to HTC, it's a customer they might lose over something they don't really want in their game in the first place.
But I digress, just shut up and fly about covers it, but then again that's way too simplistic for the ones here with nothing better to do.
<S> old friends and new, maybe see you next tour, if not, well good luck and blue skies to yas.

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »

Originally posted by paintmaw:
rgr  wulf  ,, you guys take every word typed in here way to seriously ,, I WAS JOKING

???? You single me out in this thread? Wow... ignore everyone else that is taking this leaps and bounds beyond seriousness into absolute idiocy to tell me I am taking it too seriously?

Well, whatever floats your boat... see ya in the MA.
-SW
ps: If that wasn't directed at me, I was just confused and misread it. My apologies if it wasn't directed at me Paint.

[This message has been edited by AKSeaWulfe (edited 04-05-2001).]

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2001, 12:08:00 PM »
NO WULF  did you not see (RGR) meaning ROGER meaning YES I AGREE WITH YOU .
AND pzvg jumped all over me for stealing a kill , we were both on the same guy , my shots hit  his didn't . He called me everything you can on open channel then logged .  

[This message has been edited by paintmaw (edited 04-05-2001).]

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
ps: If that wasn't directed at me, I was just confused and misread it. My apologies if it wasn't directed at me Paint.

Cut n paste is great! :-)
-SW

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2001, 12:15:00 PM »
no problem wulf ,, it wasn't <SALUTE>

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by paintmaw:
no problem wulf ,, it wasn't <SALUTE>

No problems here either, lately everyone's been really upity on the board... must be something in the air. :-) What I posted could of easily been construed as hostile, didn't intend it to be... and I was obviously mistaken. Sorry about that! :-)

S! Paint, see ya in the MA! :-)
-SW

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
alot of problems arise from messages being misinterpreted , different cultures , languages religions ect. Oh  and some of us (me) don't always make our feelings clear enough .

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
...and being a pot smoking hippie from Eugene probably doesn't help matters either!  
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »

Originally posted by SOB:
...and being a pot smoking hippie from Eugene probably doesn't help matters either!    

Hmmm except for the hippie and being from Eugene part... me and Paint might have something in common.    
-SW

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2001, 01:48:00 AM »
LOL where the hell did that bong hitting  smiley face come from ??  cool
SOB ,, we gonna have to get together sometime , I'm driving through Salem once a month these days otw to portland  

o\/oo peace brother

[This message has been edited by paintmaw (edited 04-06-2001).]