Author Topic: AAR Snapshot Rocket Hunters  (Read 300 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
AAR Snapshot Rocket Hunters
« on: November 04, 2000, 05:52:00 PM »
Results from the 1 PM Frame (1st Frame) Rocket Hunter Snapshot.

With a couple of discos, and late arrivals the numbers fluctuated, but they were about 7 LW pilots to about 10 Allied pilots.

Hazed was the Axis C.O.
Vader was the Allied C.O. His first time I should add.  
<S> To both for stepping up to help out.

Axis Events
With three V2 sites to protect the LW were spread pretty thin.  With the rush to take off, their ground crews were not able to top off the tanks in the Me-109's.  This put them having to RTB sooner than they would have liked.  Several with just a few remaining gallons of gas cut their engines and glided back to base and then restarted on final for a clean landing.  At least 1 Me-109 was seen having to ditch just short of the field.  It is unknown how many might have been lost do to the lack of fuel.

LW pilots "gustav" and "hazed" each downed a P-51.

Allied Events
The planes were on the fields, engines running when their C.O. came running out of the Officers Club.  Once strapped in he gave the order to roll and they were off loaded with bombs and rockets.  Early reports suggest they split into one large group and one small group, though eventually all 3 V2 sites were attacked.
10 Points for each fighter shot down = 20
Total = 20

American pilot "paxil" downed a Me-109
American pilots "vader" destroyed one ack emplacement, with pilots "storm", "warchild" each destroying two acks each.  
American pilots "storm" and "warchild" each destroyed a V2 site which was confirmed by gun cameras.  
20 points for each V2 site destroyed = 40
10 points for each fuel tanks destroyed = 0
10 points for each fighter shot down = 10
Total = 50

Results:
An Allied victory.

*Note that none of the "optional" Ostwinds were used. Hindsight suggests that they could have kept at least one V2 site from being destroyed.  A nearby farmer reported a lone P-51 making repeated straffing runs on a V2 site without being attacked.

Hope you all enjoyed it! <S>
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
Frame two at 9:00pm Eastern Time was a firm Allied Victory, with heavy damage to V41 & V43.

Huge <S> to Ammo(Allied) and Chaunc(Axis) for accepting the CO positions for the frame.

Here is a breakdown of objects destroyed and kills awarded:

Axis:
MRPLUTO- destroyed a P-51D
10Bears- destroyed a P-51D
ash- destroyed a P-51D
NathBDP- destroyed two P-51D's

Allies:
VISCONTI-destroyed a Bf109G-10
Nash- destroyed two gun emplacements at V41
ammo- destroyed two hangers at V41
VISCONTI- destroyed a barracks at V41
storm- destroyed a gun emplacement at V42
daddog- destroyed a fuel tank at V41
blueice- destroyed two fuel tanks at V41
Paxil- destroyed a gun emplacement at V43
TeeeRex- destroyed a gun emplacement at V43
starbird- destroyed a barracks and the vehical hanger at V43.

Turnout was very good for frame two, with over 30 people in attendance. Thanks to all who participated!

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2000, 05:57:00 PM »
AAR for snapshot 'rocket raiders' sat 4th Nov 1944   (1st frame afternoon)
LW combat air patrol for A11
CO: hazed
fighter kills: 2 (confirmed)
bomber kills : n/a
strat targets: protect rockets sights v41 v42 and v43
airfield captures: n/a
vifield captures: n/a
available airframes: 7
available pilots: 7
 we only had 7 serviceable airframes to cover 3 bases.I chose a loadout of 50%+DT and gonds.i felt we could sacrifice speed for firepower as we would be defending and running not an option.
We(ghosth ,wire,duck ,gustav,nexx,harppa and myself) took off from A11 toward v42 grabbing alt.at around 10k i ordered Ghosth to take 2 other pilots and proceed NW to v41 .I took a calculated risk and left v43 undefended.We climbed to 25k and cruised. After time we began to think that the enemy may try a low level attack and as we were so high it would be difficult to spot so we began to reduce height to around 20k.
With no sign of the enemy as we arrived over v42 we began to orbit the base.Ghosth reported that v41 was also clear so I began to worry that v43 was the target.Just as we turned for v43 however, i spotted 2 dots on our 3oc slightly higher and soon saw more dots approaching so we immediately engaged them.I called ghosth in from the north as this seemed to be the majority of the enemy.I ordered the squad to break and pick targets and a battle ensued.Gustav was my wingman and shot down a p51 which was latched onto me and firing tracer all around my tail.I lost sight of gustav as i was shot at from ahead by another p51.I saw a p51 on nexx's 6 so i attacked ignoring a 51 that flew past me shooting.After some ACM's i managed to hit the p51 and smoke poured from his engine,however, he seemed unwilling to disengage from nexx so i closed and shot him further destroying his wing and sending flames out from his engine.the battle continued as ghosth and his wing arrived but fuel was getting critical at this point.I saw 2 low dots near v42 and turned to check them.Nexx was chasing a p51 south. I soon noticed that the dots i saw near v42 were in fact ghost dots   and then called rtb for resupply of fuel.Unfortunately i miss calculated and soon found myself gliding along with others who were nearby.I blame myself entirely for this predicament as fuel loadout was my choice.75%+DT would have made all the difference instead of 50%+DT.I tried to glide to a10 but unfortunately did not make it and crashed whilst ditching!  

pilot scores:
pilot:   kills:   status:
hazed 1 kills(p51)crashed and diedditching  
ghosth 0 kills crashed and died ditching  
wire  0 kills crashed and died ditching  
duckwing 0 kills crashed on landing at airfield (undercarriage destroyed)
gustav 1 kills(p51)wounded,bailed but chute failed(too low)
nexx  0 kills  crashed and died ditching  
harppa   0 kills  RTB safely

hazed

[This message has been edited by hazed- (edited 11-05-2000).]