Author Topic: Squad only weekly event...would your squad participate?  (Read 493 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Squad only weekly event...would your squad participate?
« on: April 10, 2001, 07:29:00 PM »
I posted the same in the General BB, but wanted most to see it.

I have two questions for all of you who are members of a squad.

1. Would you participate in a weekly squad event?  The TOD we had in the past comes to mind and Warbirds EMC are examples of what I am thinking of.

2. What would be the best time for your squad? Weekends? Weeknights?

The Snapshots and Check 6 events are going fairly well. Attendance ranges from 30 to 80 depending on the time and event.  I am looking in to a weekly event that players would enjoy and participate in similar to the TOD or EMC.  Aces High needs one, if only to encourage players to join a squad that as many of you know opens up a whole new world of friends.  

Comments and ideas welcome.  
-------------------------
CM daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots & Check 6!

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2001, 08:30:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure the members of VMF-323 would give up our normal Squad meet agenda in lieu of a Tour of Duty..so long as its week-nights.  I don't speak for everyone, but it would be no different than what we do now.

Offline Daniko

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
I will see to it that JG2 participates in as much as they are capable....   weeknights are good for me ...

------------------
Daniko the madfish
3./JG2

".... Suddenly he stopped in the middle of the room and stood there staring.  His voice was blurred, and his behavior that of  a completely abnormal person.  He spoke in staccato phrases; "If there should be war, then I shall build U-boats, build U-boats, U-boats, U-boats, U-boats."  His voice became more indistinct and finally one could not follow him at all.  Then he pulled himself together, raised his voice as though addressing a large audience and shrieked: " I shall build airplanes, build airplanes, airplanes, airplanes, and I shall annihilate my enemies."  He seemed more like a phantom from a storybook than a real person.  I stared at him in amazement and turned to see how Goering was reacting, but he did not turn a hair...."  {Dahlerus, Birger; August 26th, 1940}