Author Topic: Wild Wednesdays  (Read 422 times)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Wild Wednesdays
« on: November 08, 2001, 12:38:00 AM »
The second running has come and past, and as always fun.  Some new faces, but fewer numbers I believe.  I am not sure as to why, but advertisement has something to do with it.  I myself almost forgot.  Was finishing some work at work (imagine that, the nerve of my employer to expect me to work  :)) when I realized "Oh toejam it is wednesday".  So, I patiently waited for our religious meeting of the minds on wednesday and then sneaked out.  At that time I thought, 'poop havent heard nothing about it'.

Anyways long story short.  We need to spam the boards  :).  Now, were this NNTP (hehe sorry, i have to do it), we could, with a single message, address all the groups within the server.  However, since it is not  :(.  A group by group post is recommended.  I myself know of some indviduals that do not frequent some of the busier boards due to slow connects, etc etc (can I throw another plug for NNTP here  :).  NNTP is fast  :)).  You have to hit every board to try and remind the monkeys when it is time to come git their 'nanas.

'Well, great idea rotordo.  Since you came up with it, YOU do it'  Well by gollie, guess I can.  I may not be the spam master Westy once was  :), but I can hold my own.  With that in mind I volunteer to do such duty if so desired.  If you do choose to do so, you may want to come up with a generic wuvie duvvy message that you would like me to post.  Or you could let me take care of the colorful details   :D .

One more thing.  I do agree with Seeker.  May want to rethink the every week thing.  You may not want to do it monthly, but doing it every other week may not be a bad idea.  It may allow you to run other different events in between that may prevent the burnout factor.

Well, pardon the verbosity, was just thinking.  Sometimes that gets me in trouble, but figger I throw it out there.  We have to add some spark here.  Lets look alive people.  Events are good, long live events.

<back to fiddlefarting with the terrain creator thingamajig doohickie>

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Wild Wednesdays
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2001, 01:27:00 AM »
Not sure about the whole NNTP thing (I liked that, I like this... doesn't matter to me much)... but ya, yer right. Word didn't get out much this week. Unless/until we get some other kind of message board (for whatever good that may do), feel free to spam the board we have.  :)

It occurs to me that we need a banner for Wild Wednesdays, much like that TOD banner ya see above. Unless anyone wants to volunteer, I'll get to work on that.

Once every couple of weeks might be a good idea too... I dunno.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Wild Wednesdays
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »
I had other things that required my attention, and the 109G10 Wild Wednesday was just not appealing enough for me to pull myself away from it.

So maybe it was the plane choice as to why some people didn't attend this week that attended last week?
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Wild Wednesdays
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2001, 09:28:00 AM »
See my post about a Special Events Email list.

Mike "DmdJordi" Bowman
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art