Author Topic: Ever wish you had a camera?  (Read 492 times)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Ever wish you had a camera?
« on: January 22, 2001, 09:51:00 AM »
So there I was, just sitting in some tower drinking cheap beer and cold pizza, watching some static on TV. Had some big kegger I think and I just walked in on it. Then we could hear shells whistling through the air. Then a hanger goes down. "Uh oh, the fleet's nearby!" someone said. I ran out to the hanger to pick my ride. La5 was the choice. Cranked it up and hit the skies. I flew toward the CV in seach of someone to kill. Then I saw him, a bright shiny blue CHog, co alt with me and closing. I avoid his dweebish HO and turn back toward the field. AS I hoped, he followed, hoping for his easy kill.
I neared the field, hoping he'd turn for ack so I could pounce, but then I knew it and so did he. The acks are down! Thinking fast, I pull a up to do a hammerhead He follows, firing over me. I take the trusty Russian snub back down. Then I got an idea. I let him get behind me again, then turned back toward the bomber hanger. WEP on, I went down as low as I could and lined up. The CHog saw this and stayed a little higher, hoping to get me after the hanger. As I flew through the hanger, giving those boys a scare, I pulled straight up. The Chog tried to follow but went under me, so I rolled back and gave him a burst of 20mm cannons right up the tailpipe. His tail comes off and down he goes. Then I spend the next minute listening to him complain how I cheated. I had to squelch him.

And through all this, I didn't turn on the vid recorder. AGGHHHHH! Oh well, I'll try it again on another one of you anyday!

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
then the alarm went off and you awoke  

seriously, Great sounding sortie!

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Luke Skywalker

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2001, 10:05:00 AM »
Was almost as good what happened to me yesterday  

I spawned in a Dhog with rockets to kill V3 and hopefully strafe the VH and let the field clear for a goon. As I just destroyed the second ack on the field, a high Chog comes, dives on me,and tries to HO.

I pull up over him and do an immelmann. He sees that he has lost the advantage he kept...guess what he did  

YES! HE DIVED TOWARDS THE FIELD TO GET COVEDED BY HIS ACK!.

Poor guy...there was none   . I dived on him and got a long burst that destroyed his engine. When he was about to land, I finished him.

He was complaining about my "coward" kill (because I had killed him without engine) for 10 minutes   .

------------------
Hey, dont shoot me! I'm on the light side!!

[This message has been edited by Luke Skywalker (edited 01-22-2001).]

Jay_76

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
Neat-o thread.

I had a great sortie yesterday, but I'm so new I haven't yet discovered the joys of the vid recorder.  I really ought to, the darndest things happen to me.

Will say this-  discovering the thrill of flight in Russian fighters is neat.  Esp. when you have a TBM diving on you, and you're lining up for a high strafe on a C47 skimming the wavetops.

I made a pass on this mid-alt TBM and overshot, and to my chagrin he takes my 6 and stays there.  I start worrying and going thru the motions of a knife-fight, but I keep seeing these tracers fly past me.  I wise up when I glance a goon way below... so I dive on his butt and start trying to shake the TBM.  I learned the meaning of seperation with that move- tracers stopped shortly thereafter, but he kept on me.  I nail the goon and he flounders in front of me... forced him down more than shot him full of holes.  next thing I see, another TBM, so I turn and wail into him... and the first TBM is still ono my tail.  I'm really not enjoying this pursuit, and so I finally get into something approaching vertical with him.  I make a turn at the last, and see he's just reaching the top of a vertical- and between a few lucky pots on my part and a bad stall, I get the upper hand finally.

Course, same pilot shoots me down shortly after, in a F4U.  Go figure.  Did enjoy it though. *S* to him, see if he remembers the saucy Yak.

Regards,

Jay.