Author Topic: LLv34 vs 5 GIAP duel results  (Read 294 times)

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
LLv34 vs 5 GIAP duel results
« on: June 11, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
Lentolaivue 34 and the 5th Guards Fighter Air Regiment had a squadron duel today, Sunday June 11th.  

The match was supposed to be 4vs4, but unfortunately only two LLv34 pilots showed up - Camo and Jarski.  Five 5 GIAP pilots reported in, four decided to fly - Leonid, Gie, 715A and DarkEye.  While the plans for a 4vs4 were scrubbed, the 2vs4 was historically a bit more accurate.    

Duel rules in a nutshell

-LLv34 flies Me 109 G-2, gunpods optional
-5 GIAP flies La-5FN
-fuel 75%
-initial merge altitude 15kft
-friendly fire and collisions on
-no icons
-2 points for a kill
-1 point for a safe landing
-½ a point for a safe ditch

Go to the duel score page to view the rules and complete score table:  http://www.hut.fi/~vpitkane/LLv34/34vs5/

Duel results

Total points

LLv34:  20 points
5 GIAP: 5 points

First frame: 2vs4 - results and report

LLv34:  9 points

Camo: KIA, shot down by Leonid
Jarski: RTB, 3 kills (Leonid, Gie, DarkEye)

5 GIAP: 2 points

Leonid: KIA, 1 kill (Camo), shot down by Jarski
Gie: Bailed, shot down by Jarski
DarkEye: KIA, shot down by Jarski
715A: Captured after ditching, shot down by Leonid. (No kill for Leo, though - sorry     )

When we came into dot range, we noticed the La5's had bracketed us, even though the rules clearly say "teams can not begin maneuvering / climbing before dot range".  But since our opponents took such a heavy beating, we'll let this slip through the fingers.      

One pair of La5's was on the left, the other one on the right.  We went after the rightmost pair, diving under them.  We pulled vertical and turned after them.  The La5's continued straight, trying to drag us.  The other pair of La5's came in from our 3oc, we broke hard towards them, taking HO snapshots. No hits though.

The La5's pulled above us and the other pair turned back for us.  Soon I had 2 La5's on my tail.  The other one broke off, probably mistook the other plane for a 109.  At this point the fight was fairly low, around 1-3k.

I managed to get rid of the La5 on my tail and headed towards Jarski. He was chasing an enemy, but had another one on his tail.  I blew past Jarski as he pumped the La5 full of 20mm. Black smoke spewed from the engine, bits and pieces of the tail structure littered the sky.  The pilot, Gie, managed to bail.

The other La5 turned into me, I pull a tight barrel roll to spoil his aim.  I glanced back again, and to my horror, noticed all 3 remaining La5s chasing me!  I radioed Jarski for help, but he was a bit too late.  My plane took hits and on top of it all, I was wounded.  I passed out, but managed to level the plane, avoiding a crash.  This made me an easy target for Leonid, who put a long burst into my plane, causing an explosion.  

(Un)fortunately, at the same time, 715A passed just in front of Leonid and took his share of Leo's lethal 20mm shells.  His engine started smoking and he was forced to ditch, resulting in a capture.

Jarski slipped behind Leonid and shot him down.  The remaining La5, piloted by DarkEye, was caught by Jarski's deadly accurate fire only seconds later.  Both pilots went down with their planes.

The sky was clear of enemies, so Jarski headed for the base and made a clean landing.

Second frame: 2vs4 - results and report

LLv34:  7 points

Camo: KIA, 1 kill (Leonid), crashed
Jarski: RTB, 2 kills (Gie, DarkEye)

5 GIAP: 2 points

Leonid: KIA, shot down by Camo
Gie: Bailed, shot down by Jarski
DarkEye: Bailed, shot down by Jarski
715A: Disco

715A discoed before the merge, but unfortunately we didn't notice it until the fight had already begun.

After the merge, we pulled vertical.  The La5's turned hard to get behind us.  I managed to get behind the leader's wingie though, spraying a few 20mm shells at him.  The lonely La5 had gotten behind Jarski, so I broke off my attack to help him. I managed to slip behind him and put a few cannon rounds into him.  The La5 broke low and I pulled up.

The other pair of La5's joined the fight at this point, which quickly evolved into melee on the deck.  I was turning with an La5 when Jarski called for help. I saw him with 2 enemies, low on the deck. I hurried to help him and managed to put a long headon burst into an La5. The plane lost a wing, the pilot - Leonid - crashed with his plane.

I pulled high and Jarski called for help again. The enemy that just had fought me was now on J's tail. We met in a HO again, I managed to hit him with my 20mm. Don't know if he was damaged, though.  

The fight scattered to a wide area, now 2vs2. The two remaining La5s had the alt advantage.  The other made a pass on me, I dove vertically to evade it.  I watched behind me, and suddenly realized I was very low.  I started my pull out too late and crashed.  Bummer.

The La5's turned for Jarski, who had no option but to HO.  He got lucky and downed both La5s in just a few seconds.  Both Gie and DarkEye bailed. Jarski RTB'd.

Third frame: 2vs2 - results and report

LLv34:  4 points

Camo: RTB, 1 kill (Gie)
Jarski: RTB

5 GIAP: 1 point

Leonid: RTB
Gie: Bailed, shot down by Camo

The 5 GIAP boys tried a bracket again. We went for the leftmost La5 at first, but I broke right to meet the other one.  I pulled vertical and followed the La5 as he tried to catch Jarski, who was behind the first La5.

I warned Jarski of the incoming bandit and he broke off the attack.  The La5 didn't follow him, we turned to the left to take some distance.

After some turning, the other La5 broke low, but the other got behind me.  Jarski was in the right place at the right time, and chased him away.

Jarski saw the low La5 and headed for it. The other La5 was ahead of us, higher.  Suddenly he dove for the La5, mistook it for a 109!  We chased the La5's down, I got behind the other one and shot his wing off. The pilot, Gie, bailed.

The other one had sneaked behind Jarski at this point so I hurried to help him.  He set up a perfect drag, but the La5 managed to evade my bullets.

He managed to extend - we chased him for 10 minutes and finally had to RTB due to low fuel.

Thanks for the match, lets do it again soon, hopefully with a bit more even numbers!

<S>

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."

[This message has been edited by LLv34_Camouflage (edited 06-11-2000).]
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2000, 12:06:00 PM »
Here's my films:

Frame 1:  http://www.hut.fi/u/vpitkane/LLv34/34vs5/34vs5_1.zip  (~200kb)

Frame 2:  http://www.hut.fi/u/vpitkane/LLv34/34vs5/34vs5_2.zip  (~350kb)

Frame 3:  http://www.hut.fi/u/vpitkane/LLv34/34vs5/34vs5_3.zip  (~650kb)

Enjoy!

Camo

[This message has been edited by LLv34_Camouflage (edited 06-13-2000).]
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the duel, Camo.  It was too bad we got beat up so bad, but thats the way it goes.  We'll schedule another duel after 1.03 comes out.

<S>

------------------

leonid, Komandir
5 GIAP VVS RKKA

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 06-13-2000).]
ingame: Raz

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2000, 12:53:00 AM »
Our pleasure, Leo, our pleasure!  

I'll be happy to fly against you again, and I hope the results of this match encourage more of our pilots to participate!

<S!>

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!