Author Topic: LVT's spawning feet dry at P86 about 500 yds from map room  (Read 482 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Subject pretty much explains itself. Happens when the CV is to the east of the base.  I took a video but I guess I cant post it w/o a way to host it.  Pretty amusing to watch the red troop parade as people spawn their LVT's, drop troops, then immediatly ditch to repeat.  I'm sure our guys hitting the beaches back in the war wish they could have "spawned feet dry", lol.  If anyone can host the vid, pls let me know.

Offline Tull

• Zinc Member
Re: LVT's spawning feet dry at P86 about 500 yds from map room
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »
Gents,

I want to echo what Glass said I was there and it was hard to deal with when troops are running when there was not even an LVT to see.  Each of the spawning was within 500 meters of the map room.   

Jamie
TULL

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:07:51 AM »
Saw the same yesterday in Blue arena.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »
I was defending a port one night in a Tiger and they were spawning feet dry about 50-100 yards behind the port.  I got 18 kills then a fighter took me out with a bomb.  I re-upped and landed 11 more kills.  That was on Compello (?... the big island map).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 01:03:23 PM »
This is not new it has always been part of the game. Just good placement of the cv I would say.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
Troops are supposed to spawn at a radius from the maproom, so CV placement shouldn't be a factor IIRC.

File hosting sites:
http://www.rapidshare.com/
http://www.megaupload.com/
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 07:29:38 PM »
Troops are supposed to spawn at a radius from the maproom, so CV placement shouldn't be a factor IIRC.

File hosting sites:
http://www.rapidshare.com/
http://www.megaupload.com/
But it is a factor & those who know how will always have the cv in just the right place so they can (A) Have troops running to the map room. (B) So they can run supplies with the intent of keeping auto acks up, by doing this it is near impossible to capture a port for example.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 11:42:46 AM »
Sink cv end of problem. Get air cap at port shooting/spotting troops. If possible position a tank to camp where they are spawning in. I've seen this happen a few times and if you can get a tank in just the right, spot as fast as they spawn you can kill them. The risk is A. cruiser left up and targets you and B. cv still up and they drop a bomb on you.
Overwhelming numbers of troops are hard to beat no matter what your in. I've seen a few missions that had over 100 troops dropped or running on ground at the same time. Pretty hard to get them all.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »
Ever since CVs were remodeled there have been SCORES of CV-related bugs.

Lyric you are wrong: NO lvts should ever spawn feet-dry. This is a bug. Exploiting this bug by spawning hundreds of LVTs, dropping troops, and towering, is not only exploiting a bug, but is probably getting dangerously close to crashing the server itself (only x number of troops can be tolerated before the server just crashes, it seems).

Lately the bugs I've been seeing on ALL maps include:

CVs impossibly close to shoreline. Far far closer than you should be able to place them without getting "waypoint touches land" errors -- we're talking so close off shore that their auto-ack is vulching planes that spawn at the end of the runway. This has been happening on almost all maps.

CVs passing through land. This has happened many times. Either the same night as this land-spawning-LVT issue, or the night before, we took the port but could not kill the CV because it was on the northern edge of the map travveling through (read: UNDER) mountainous terrain, and could not be bombed to retake it. Again, possibly a willful abuse of a game bug (exploiting) to prevent the CV from being retaken.

CV land hit detection needs work, they need to be pushed back out to their previously allowed waypoint range, they need to not be allowed to be sent into/through landmasses.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
Ever since CVs were remodeled there have been SCORES of CV-related bugs.

Lyric you are wrong: NO lvts should ever spawn feet-dry. This is a bug. Exploiting this bug by spawning hundreds of LVTs, dropping troops, and towering, is not only exploiting a bug, but is probably getting dangerously close to crashing the server itself (only x number of troops can be tolerated before the server just crashes, it seems).

Lately the bugs I've been seeing on ALL maps include:

CVs impossibly close to shoreline. Far far closer than you should be able to place them without getting "waypoint touches land" errors -- we're talking so close off shore that their auto-ack is vulching planes that spawn at the end of the runway. This has been happening on almost all maps.

CVs passing through land. This has happened many times. Either the same night as this land-spawning-LVT issue, or the night before, we took the port but could not kill the CV because it was on the northern edge of the map travveling through (read: UNDER) mountainous terrain, and could not be bombed to retake it. Again, possibly a willful abuse of a game bug (exploiting) to prevent the CV from being retaken.

CV land hit detection needs work, they need to be pushed back out to their previously allowed waypoint range, they need to not be allowed to be sent into/through landmasses.

The time I ran into this as recounted above was before the CV's were re-modeled so it's not a new thing.

Also, one night on Baltic I was one of many spawn camping at a field in the SW corner of the map.  The spawn is so close to the town that the enemy would just spawn M3's, let the troops out, tower out and repeat.  There had to have been over 100 troops running for the town at one point and nothing crashed.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 12:23:44 PM »
Bald: There have been previous occasions where mass-spamming of C-47 troops into the arena have crashed it. Whether this was ever corrected, I have never heard.

There *is* a limit after which the arena will cease functioning properly. I don't know what it is, but sitting there, with many people mass-spawning M3s and dumping troops out and repeating had to be much closer to that limit than ANY normal day's activity.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 03:41:36 PM »
I sent a film of this to the support addy. I had hoped that it would be kept out of the forums so exploitation of this wouldn't become commonplace in the MA....oh well, the cat's out of the bag now and I can see it happening more often as the gamerz will surely use it.

Hopefully HTC will address this problem soon.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 03:43:39 PM by Flatbar »

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 03:49:39 PM »
I was defending a port one night in a Tiger and they were spawning feet dry about 50-100 yards behind the port.  I got 18 kills then a fighter took me out with a bomb.  I re-upped and landed 11 more kills.  That was on Compello (?... the big island map).

On Saturday THEKENDO got 95+ kills and I got 48 then 39 kills in Tigers....it's a realy gamey and possibly a server crashing exploit to use it. Nontheless, it makes for an intense base defense sortie.

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 12:01:35 PM »
i took a screenshot of you guys landing those kills
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »
There is an easy fix for this....just have Zazen switch countries and take command of the CV.