Author Topic: offline mission help?  (Read 269 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
offline mission help?
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »
hello,
well, it seems the only mission i can get to work, is the battle of britton. even the original pony v pony doesn't work for me. is there somehting i need to do, or should i re-download them all?

thanks!!!!

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
Re: offline mission help?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
what exactly is going on.

Are they not showing?

Are they just not loading in game when you try to play one?

Do you get an error when attempting one?

Detail my man we need details.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:30:40 AM »
what exactly is going on.

Are they not showing?

Are they just not loading in game when you try to play one?

Do you get an error when attempting one?

Detail my man we need details.

sorry bout that.......
ok...when i load a mission, all goes normal. it takesme momentarily to the briefing room, then i'm on the runway. i start engines,(i was flying the p38 v ki84 i think it was) and wait a moment, for the white text clearing me for takeoff. it doesn't come, so i launch anyway. no message, so i climb to 1k alt, let my speed accelerate past 250. no warp to combat zone. i climb out following the flight plan showed on the map, then the enemy bardar dissappears and no fight. i tried this in the spit8 v the 109 too. the only mission that does work is the BOB in the hurris, and even then, i'm in the air already when it gives me the cleared for takeoff message.
 i don't know what els to try to do to make them work.

thanks!!!

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 11:29:37 AM »
I experienced the exact same thing awhile back.  On a hunch, I deleted all of the downloaded missions and the original PonyVsPony missions suddenly started working again.  I don't pretend to know how the game works, but it seems to me that when you start the Offline mode, the game loads "something" from each of the Practice missions that you have downloaded.  It is my belief that one of first missions created by somebody had some sort of fatal error that is causing the entire Offline Practice mode to function incorrectly.

I could be completely wrong though.

My advice is to pull all of the downloaded missions out of your folder, then add the ones you know you want back in one at a time, restarting the game and testing each mission as you go.  When everything stops working after adding one, you have found the culprit.

I just got rid of them all and now make it a point not to add any of the older missions.  Those early creations are more likely to be buggy.  I haven't had any problem since.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:31:15 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »
The experience you are having when you start the mission, sounds similar to the sort of thing that happened when there was no time in the briefing box (this is something changed from the editor). If you have been using these missions for sometime and did not change anything in the editor and just now are experiencing problems. Then this is most likely not your problem.

You could try what PFactorDave posted. Moving all the missions to another folder (to save from deleting them). One at a time put them back to see if one of them is messing things up. If you do find one that seems to do the trick then you can delete that one and then attempt to re-download it (possibly that one might have become corrupted).

The other thing you could try is to look at each of the missions not working in the mission editor. What you are looking for is the briefing time in mission properties. Right click on the mission in the mission tree and select mission properties. In the briefing time there should be a number. Most people have been putting anything from 2 thru 5 (this is measured in seconds).

I am not sure if this is your problem but it won't hurt to take a look. I also thought that this was a bug that was fixed but I am unable to find the post where it stated all known and repaired bugs for the mission editor.

If you don't have the mission editor yet,it can be downloaded here.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,234211.0.html

good luck
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave