Author Topic: Another rant about maps  (Read 2096 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another rant about maps
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
category and opiion

I loathe persons that cannot spell.

Opinion.  ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
Opinion.  ;)

Now that IS funny.  I copy and pasted his words and neglected to correct is misspelling while chastising him about spelling.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
Now that IS funny.  I copy and pasted his words and neglected to correct is misspelling while chastising him about spelling.

Well, I will have to address you as Fool (Ykturd) from now on. You seem to be missing the point here. Some of us want new maps or at least a better rotation of maps. Making a second post about this will hopefully show that again to HiTech and hopefully they will take note of it. As for you, do you even play the game? Because I have never seen you on.  Do you take out your frustrated childhood on the forums? I dont know the answer to either... All you seem to do is start verbal poo throwing contests for no reason. I suppose if there was an "Internet Toughguy Wannabe Award" you might win that... or possibly that Miss Teen Beauty Pagent you secretly always desired....

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2008, 03:59:53 PM »
correct his misspelling

IN

lol

Newbs
 :aok
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2008, 04:03:37 PM »
back on the topic...

someone said that being proactive is the best way to make things change...I agree with that, there are people who spent weeks to make good maps that people enjoy.

Problem is that these maps are always dumped after a week of map rotation, even if the players enjoyed it.

I just don't get it...lack of thrust from HTC ? technical reasons ? hardcore mickey mouse fans ? copy/paste frenzy for the sake of fairness ? Who cares about fairness ? Jack Daniels did hit the spot I'm going to bed now.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 04:07:51 PM »
i am getting very sick of these maps...... i wish they would put some of the older maps back in, fighter town, and stuff

-BigBOBCH

fighter town map is Donut.

I got a screenshot of what it looks like right here.

I still wonder why people caused it to get taken other than the fact of WHINERS. and the fact that people would always take the fighter-town bases. I would propose that we make them indestructable, but it's not up to me anyways.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
fighter town map is Donut.

I got a screenshot of what it looks like right here.

(Image removed from quote.)

I still wonder why people caused it to get taken other than the fact of WHINERS. and the fact that people would always take the fighter-town bases. I would propose that we make them indestructable, but it's not up to me anyways.

With AH as it is right now, you can't make a single field uncapturable or indestructible. F6Bomber (the map creator) tried to make the town as close as possible to the field to make the capture more difficult. BTW this map is a beta, HTC never allowed the final version to go online.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
OUCHY!!!

I think someone got his panties in a knot!!!

BTW, I call Drunky a fool all the time.  :rock
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2008, 05:18:42 PM »
LOL.  Did you stomp your feet while you typed this?

Well, I will have to address you as Fool (Ykturd) from now on. You seem to be missing the point here. Some of us want new maps or at least a better rotation of maps. Making a second post about this will hopefully show that again to HiTech and hopefully they will take note of it.
Second?  You are off by a order of magnitude to the actual number of threads started about maps.

So, it's dreadfully important to you, but not important enough to make any maps yourself?   Cue ridiculous excuses why you can't make any maps.

Do you really think HTC doesn't have a plan for maps?  Is he sitting there doing nothing without the impetus your post provides?  Do you think that your single post will make him go, "Hey!  That guy from the BBS is right.  Pyro!  Stop work on CT!  Rosie stop answering phone and learn to program!  We need to get maps out RIGHT NOW!!!!" ?

As for you, do you even play the game? Because I have never seen you on.
Do YOU play?  I've never seen YOU on.  Hey!  This is fun.  I'll do another one.

Bet you've never seen me poop.  But I still do.

Of course since I don't fly in the arena that you fly and I don't fly at the same times that you fly this simply means that I don't fly at all and only troll the boards.  Right?

Do you take out your frustrated childhood on the forums? I dont know the answer to either... All you seem to do is start verbal poo throwing contests for no reason. I suppose if there was an "Internet Toughguy Wannabe Award" you might win that... or possibly that Miss Teen Beauty Pagent you secretly always desired....
"frustrated childhood"?  Yeah, as a kid and a Mensa member I was extremely frustrated, but I doubt that is what you mean.

"no reason"?  Stop making stupid posts and you stop giving me reasons.

"awards"?  I imagine you are the skinny little kid sitting in your mom's basement acting tough and frustrated by your secret desires.

Me?  I'm just me... direct, straightforward, opinionated, and abrasive because I don't suffer fools or idiots well.

P.S.  NB can call me fool anytime he wants.  He understands.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2008, 05:25:56 PM »
P.S.  NB can call me fool anytime he wants.  He understands.

There in lies the magic....takes one to know one. :) :salute
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Impakt

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2008, 05:26:24 PM »
Are there any people here actually interested in this game as an historical simulation?? Why all of the "fantasy world" maps? How about some theater specific maps that will provide some sense of immersion---even if it is the main arena--we need, imo, a fitting backdrop for the planes.

Who threw in all of the idiotic windmills that don't even give an impression of Market-Garden?? Or worse yet the silly red barns that look like they belong in an "old MacDonald" sim and not WWII, or at best in Iowa rather than any of the real theaters of operation. Oddly, they did quite a good job on the refineries. They should do the same thing with theater specific architecture and terrain. WBs and TW have done this well----go copy them.

+ FAFL ALSACE 341 +

In game handle = Impaktt

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2008, 05:26:32 PM »
Well, I will have to address you as Fool (Ykturd) from now on. You seem to be missing the point here. Some of us want new maps or at least a better rotation of maps. Making a second post about this will hopefully show that again to HiTech and hopefully they will take note of it. As for you, do you even play the game? Because I have never seen you on.  Do you take out your frustrated childhood on the forums? I dont know the answer to either... All you seem to do is start verbal poo throwing contests for no reason. I suppose if there was an "Internet Toughguy Wannabe Award" you might win that... or possibly that Miss Teen Beauty Pagent you secretly always desired....

As I stated before:
You want new maps? Our current maps suck? Then get up and make one. Believe it our not, trolling the boards will not convice HTC to make new maps, because HTC does not make the maps. Players do. Just like skins.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:29:10 PM by Motherland »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »
New tiles.  European temperate climate, North African deserts, Northern Europe, Eastern and snow, Pacific...  Just a bit more variation in weather.. It would make things a lot better with a relatively small amount of work..

And the windmills aren't idiotic. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:30:25 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
Are there any people here actually interested in this game as an historical simulation?? Why all of the "fantasy world" maps? How about some theater specific maps that will provide some sense of immersion---even if it is the main arena--we need, imo, a fitting backdrop for the planes.

Who threw in all of the idiotic windmills that don't even give an impression of Market-Garden?? Or worse yet the silly red barns that look like they belong in an "old MacDonald" sim and not WWII, or at best in Iowa rather than any of the real theaters of operation. Oddly, they did quite a good job on the refineries. They should do the same thing with theater specific architecture and terrain. WBs and TW have done this well----go copy them.

Sure there are. Some play in the AvA. Most will play scenarios when available. Here's a clue for yah....the MA IS a fantasy world. In what "real world" simulation do you die and re-appear milliseconds later???

BTW, cupcake....the guy that created the first game you mention is the same one that wrote this one.....and approved the terrain tiles you're wankin' about. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2008, 05:47:54 PM »
But there needs to be a minimum of variation. The exact same tiles on every MA map gets old..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you