Author Topic: Questions regarding SEA for upcomming Rumble  (Read 691 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Questions regarding SEA for upcomming Rumble
« on: July 07, 2000, 05:32:00 PM »
Kieren..

I have a few questions regarding SEA setup and availability for the upcoming 'Rumble' FWa5 vs P51D match. It is expected to involve from 16 to 32 pilots.

First the dates.. we were hoping to run training and selction for the P51 group in the SEA on Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 3 to 6 pm eastern on July 15th and 16th.

Actual match is tenativly scheduled for the same times on either Saturday or Sunday the 22nd and 23rd of July. Not firmed up yet.

Is the SEA availble at these dates/times??

Next question revolves around arena settings. We will require opposing airfields with the same initail altitude approx 15 to 20 min flying time apart; and would like the SEA radar and icon settings to be the same as the MA. Can this be done?? If so; how is it accomplished? Can these settings be made locally or are they handled via the server setup at HTC??

Thanks for you help!!

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2000, 08:07:00 PM »
Understand, I am still in the muddling around stage here...  

As for the dates you have mentioned, there are possibly some conflicts with snapshot events, and Busc has a scenario set for the weekend of the 22-23. I am awaiting the final ok to put them on the calendar.

As for setting up the arena, that is possible, and I am not the only guy that can do that for you. Ghosth, Busc, Udie, and a few others have some control of the variables in the arena. Operative word is "some". The radar and icons can be made to operate as in the MA. If the fields you require exist, they can be set to whatever side you wish (and quickly, too). Just tell us which ones you pick.

There are dot commands, and also a screen which can be used to manipulate what field is available, its side, and what planes can fly, etc. Is that what you meant?

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2000, 09:19:00 PM »
LOL.. rgr that Kieren; I'm still muddling around too.

Ok; what dates and times are avail in a 10 days to 20 days from now time frame?. With that info I can hopefully finish the ROE details and arrange for training times. We'd sure like at least two training sessions of about 3 hours and of course the event itself; one day; probably about 3 hours also.  Weekend dates if at all possible....

Thanks for the quick response!!

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2000, 09:20:00 PM »
I have gone back over confirmed dates you have mentioned, Hangtime. No one has committed to any of those dates definitely (that I know of or can find any info on). I have asked the Scenario team to forward their dates to me so I can coordinate the times. As of now, the SEA is first-come, first served so it looks like you can have those dates if you like.

Understand too that I am only a player, like you. I don't decide who gets and who doesn't. I am trying to keep track of who is there and who is not for our (Jokers Low) purposes, that is all.  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2000, 08:41:00 AM »
Rgr that Kieren.. you've been a great help!

With whom do I place a formal request for the SEA?? And by what method? Email or phone call?? Further; I do not wanna displace a Jokers Low event.. we can do the practice/selection in the training arena freeing it up on the July 15th/16th weekend; or move the Rumble up to the 15th or 16th freeing it up for the proposed scenario..

Whats best for you and Busc?

Thanks!

Hang

...at home, or abroad.

busc

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2000, 09:46:00 AM »
About my event, the only prpblematic day is 9 July, when there s jap scenario.. we have other scenarios in mind, but date are still "to be Assigned"...so just choose a precise dat&time for ur first date and tell it to us, we will just avoid to place an event for tht day (i suggest u not to choose sunday since we probably will be usin it for snapshoots),thanks   , BuSc

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2000, 01:41:00 PM »
Again, the SEA is first-come, first-served. If you have an official event going that impacts everyone potentially (your duel), well, that is what the SEA is for.  

I guess I would suggest approaching it like this; if I wanted to schedule an event, I would post on the BBS (as you have) and see if there is anything else on. Assuming nothing is already scheduled, the time is yours. You might want to have a CM handy for the arena settings, but aside from that anyone has as much right to the SEA as anyone else.

I appreciate your consideration and concern for the Jokers Low events. With that cooperative mindset there is no reason why we can't work any schedule out.  

The TA might be ok for your selection, and it might not. Fuel and ammo are basically limitless, and we both know there are reasons not to select pilots under those conditions.  

Talk to daddog about his snapshots- he has been very flexible about the event schedule, and normally steps aside when other events occur. His e-mail link is on the Jokers Low page at:

http://www.hpcisp.com/~kieren/jokers.htm

You will also see the calendar I am trying to keep current. I will put your event in there too, when you are sure of your date. I can also list your ROE along with it.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2000, 05:16:00 PM »
Thanks again Kieren!!

I hope to have a firm date by Monday Night at the latest.

Hang

P.S.> What and who are CM's??

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2000, 07:55:00 PM »
Sounds good, Hangtime!

CM's (I am told) are Campaign Managers. They are typically given some control of variables in the arenas to facilitate smoother operations during events.

The thing that confuses the issue somewhat is there are actually two different sets of CM's at the moment: the Jokers Low have a few guys with CM powers over the SEA, and the new CM group being developed by HTC, which (to my knowledge) have yet to have their powers defined. Their purpose is the same- helping to facilitate the smooth operation of all events held in the SEA (or other) arena.

In the SEA, CM's can set time of day, lock fields, set field to desired country, limit plane selection at any field, reduce radar range of tower, and more.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2000, 01:33:00 AM »
Awsome.. sounds very God-Like.  

The Batman has requested for the 15th in the morning.. would it be possible to have a deity appear and throw the switches in the SEA by, say; 2:00 pm eastern for the Rumble?

Next question.. if it is possible could BOTH dates and times (Sat 15th Sat 22nd, 2:00pm EDT] be reserved at this point??

Training and meet..  

Thanks!

Hang

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2000, 07:18:00 AM »
Do you want me to put them on the calendar? Like I said before, I just wait for people to tell me "Yes", then I post.  

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2000, 12:43:00 PM »
 Hangtime,

HT and Pyro gave me CM powers back when I was doing the HA. I can throw the switches that need throwing  

udie

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2000, 09:58:00 AM »
It looks like the 51 vs 190 match is in jeopardy of not getting off the ground. Saturday seems impossible for Hristo, and the only feasible days seem to be on Sundays - either the 15th or the 23rd, at 3:00pm Eastern. I think the 23rd is probably better.

I've looked at the Jokers low pages and Busc's pages and I can't find anything scheduled for then. Is it safe to assume that Sundays in the SEA are pretty much always booked up and other events will have to find alternative times?

Who has July 23rd 3pm eastern booked, and what is the event?

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2000, 10:20:00 AM »
I don't know of anything for sure on the 23rd.

I host the Jokers' page, and it works like this; someone posts on this BBS or e-mails me with a date they want. I post it immediately on the calendar so that we can avoid these conflicts. Up to this point there has been no difficulty, as the number of events has been sparse. As it is now, groups are really beginning to churn out events. This has caused a bit of the confusion, as people talk about dates but don't confirm dates in large part. When someone comes along and asks if there is something going on on a particular date, unless someone has said "I want this date" I can only say "I think someone is thinking about that date, but they haven't confirmed. It is a first-come, first-served arena, if you claim the date first, it's yours". This is as fair and unbiased as I can be about the Jokers' calendar. Also bear in mind I can't decide who does what, the only thing I control is what you see on the calendar. It is up to us collectively to cooperate on the SEA.

I just don't in any way want the perception I or any Jokers Low team decides who gets the arena or not. That is not accurate. We do try to cooperate and coordinate with the community.

So to all of you who plan events, I really do appreciate when you contact me, it does help in setting up a community page.   Just be sure to be definitive about the date and time.  

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 07-10-2000).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »
Ok - I hope I'm not jumping the gun here but... Can we claim Sunday July 23rd at 3pm Eastern?

<fingers crossed>