Author Topic: Questions on Arena/MAP Settings  (Read 235 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Questions on Arena/MAP Settings
« on: October 06, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
 I had a few questions on the tools CM's will have access to and if they will aloow the following:

1. Based on a previous answer, "Not at this time..", to my question a few months ago about AH field being able to be historically named I was wondering if base ID's can be turned off completely on the MAP for a scenario? This wiould require a printed MAP on the particpants part, which could only add to the immersion or realism anyway - imo.

2. Can only the bases being used in a scenario be "lit" on the map? In case the above idea is undesirable can we at least get the clutter of unused bases off the map?

and

3. Can we get it so that the aircraft hangar selection is set so that only enable aircraft at a base are seen on the list?

Thanks!          -Westy

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2000, 04:02:00 AM »
Re: Designations on the MAP .. the MAP isn't a vector graphic as it was in AW3 .. so unfortunately you'd have to "draw" a new MAP (it's basically just a Picture in BMP format IIRC)

That would also answer the question about Highlighting..
Re.: Printed maps, this is party solved by Verms MED SEA for example as you'll use the Names of the towns/airfields rather than their numbers for example i hope you know where Catania, and Palermo are  

The third question that's a ball Pyro or HT have to pick up.

Cheers
DW6

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2000, 03:07:00 PM »

Thanks Duckwing6!

-Westy