Author Topic: aceshighmovies.com downtime and more  (Read 282 times)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
aceshighmovies.com downtime and more
« on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:17 AM »
Some of you may have noticed downtime on the aceshighmovies.com site.  It's actually been two instances within 7 days (both lasting 5+ hours each).  The reason behind it is our current web host (IPOWER) has become garbage.  Last week it was problems with the SQL databases and this time it was worse being that I could not access anything to any of the sites I run through that company.  I could not even access my email or their help support ticket system.

Fortunately we will be moving the website to a new host company within the next day or two, so there may be some downtime as we transfer files to the new server.  We have begun to transfer some non-AH websites we run onto the server and so far (knock on wood) it has been flawless.  Hopefully the transition will be smooth with the AHMD and downtime will be very minimal.

I apologize to those who have used my website to host their movies and any inconvenience caused in this downtime.  I'll be posting in this thread with any updated news.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline SRD

• Zinc Member
Re: aceshighmovies.com downtime and more
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:10:46 AM »
No problem.  Do you suggest that I wait untill the switch to upload my movie?
III/JG2

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: aceshighmovies.com downtime and more
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:15:32 AM »
I'd wait, just to be safe.  I have all the movies etc for the site backed up on dvd and hd for the worst possible scenario.  Wouldn't want you to upload it twice.  Murphy's law is pretty good at finding me.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either